Loosing weight before ttc

Morning Oli and everyone!!

Fantastic weight loss Oli!!! you are doing amazingly! Ouch! with the missing the fibre! prob better to keep adding it eh lol!!.

I actually gained during the week :eek:, i was comfort eating, but i am now back down to what i was last week.
I can not wait to be able to afford to do a shake diet, cause i need this weight off asap!!

Hope your all well! and good luck with the scales!! x

Wow, Oli- congrats that is absolutley brilliant weight loss. I am SOOOOO jealous (but delighted for you too) :)

SO I checked my BMI it's 40.1 - crikey, I'm just morbidly obese. That is so scary. Definitely gave me a jolt to get back on track.

Well, I told you last week I had abad weekend and that seems to have been the case all week last week. I was good at the exercise but the diet was atrocious- really really bad. SO when I weighed myself this morning, I have stayed the same. It's not the worst news but I had hoped to have lost my first stone at this stage.

Still a couple of things have motivated me again. Firstly, the BMI result which is ridiculous. Secondly, I got a cuddle of a week old baby yesterday and that was GORGEOUS. I'd love another one. Related to that though was a conversation with DH last night where I really asked him whether he wanted another and he said no. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I went to bed and bawled my eyes out. He came up a while later and explained that he said no because he wants me to lose weight and for his own health issues (which he is getting checked out) to be sorted too. He said " I guarantee that you'll be pregnant again by the end of the year". I cried again but with joy this time. What a rollercoaster. Between the crying and the overeating last week, I must be coming up on a period. I'm off the pill now (not that we're officially trying) but I just want to be off it a while before we start to ttc. I even went to my first spin class this morning - what a ride :)

So that's all my news. Apologies for not being online, kids have ear infections, teething, conjunctivitis (etc, etc) and are having a rough time of it at the moment - porr little kiddies. Still they're getting better and so am i.

Hope to hear from you all how the weight loss is going. Talk soon,

Determind

Wow, Oli- congrats that is absolutley brilliant weight loss. I am SOOOOO jealous (but delighted for you too) :)

SO I checked my BMI it's 40.1 - crikey, I'm just morbidly obese. That is so scary. Definitely gave me a jolt to get back on track.

Well, I told you last week I had abad weekend and that seems to have been the case all week last week. I was good at the exercise but the diet was atrocious- really really bad. SO when I weighed myself this morning, I have stayed the same. It's not the worst news but I had hoped to have lost my first stone at this stage.

Still a couple of things have motivated me again. Firstly, the BMI result which is ridiculous. Secondly, I got a cuddle of a week old baby yesterday and that was GORGEOUS. I'd love another one. Related to that though was a conversation with DH last night where I really asked him whether he wanted another and he said no. To say I was devastated is an understatement. I went to bed and bawled my eyes out. He came up a while later and explained that he said no because he wants me to lose weight and for his own health issues (which he is getting checked out) to be sorted too. He said " I guarantee that you'll be pregnant again by the end of the year". I cried again but with joy this time. What a rollercoaster. Between the crying and the overeating last week, I must be coming up on a period. I'm off the pill now (not that we're officially trying) but I just want to be off it a while before we start to ttc. I even went to my first spin class this morning - what a ride :)

So that's all my news. Apologies for not being online, kids have ear infections, teething, conjunctivitis (etc, etc) and are having a rough time of it at the moment - porr little kiddies. Still they're getting better and so am i.

Hope to hear from you all how the weight loss is going. Talk soon,

Determind

Aww i bet that felt wonderful holding that little baby :D, the only babies i have held are my own lol.
Lovely to hear your man still wants to have another little one, glad he cleared up what he meant, hugs still though.
Hope you manage to get your bmi down quickly, i am looking forward to mines being under the 40

Well done staying the same though, much better than gaining eh!

Hi ladies

Very pleased to have found this thread as I am in the same boat!

I have a lot of weight to lose - BMI is 48! :eek:

Not having reg periods either, really depressed as just want to get pregnant so I am going to try the Cambridge Diet! My birthday is on 26th Feb and hoping to start week after. Really scared as never done anything like that before and scared of hunger but am desperate for a baby so am determined.

Good luck to everyone xx

Hey determined/Elaine and welcome Flora.... :D:D

Guys we're all in this together, we can do this! we're doing it already, we're all just work in progress :sigh: come summer we will all be smaller and with any luck pregnant huh?

I must admit i am shocked how well this diet has worked for me this time, i've tried it before and failed miserably!! hope i've not just jinxed myself saying that.

Ooh lovely, a new baby! not had a squeeze of a new baby for ages, my sis had a baby a couple of years ago and that was the last little baby i held... Oh was lovely.

Be good and keep in touch :D

Welcome Flora :)
I know what you mean in regards to bmi! mines started at 50, it is very scary seeing those numbers isn't it, Oli is doing the Cambridge diet, and is doing brilliantly! i hope you manage to do the diet well, i think once you get to that stage like! right thats it! its the best way to be, i am wanting to start doing a liquid diet to shift more weight off, i have managed to pretty much maintain my weight loss from doing the Cambridge Diet step 4 (1200 cals included with 2 shakes)

Good luck everyone xx

Morning guys, are we all fired up and determined today? :D

I'm just off the scales (got to stop weighing myself!!) another lbs down this morning :eek::D

Not up to much today, plan on doing some ironing, seeing a couple of friends and coming on here catching up with you guys...

We can do this :girlpower:

Hi ladies

Very pleased to have found this thread as I am in the same boat!

I have a lot of weight to lose - BMI is 48! :eek:

Not having reg periods either, really depressed as just want to get pregnant so I am going to try the Cambridge Diet! My birthday is on 26th Feb and hoping to start week after. Really scared as never done anything like that before and scared of hunger but am desperate for a baby so am determined.

Good luck to everyone xx

be hungry now, eat when your preggers lol

dear diary! well today has been hard! been feeling weird all day, weak, shaky and very overwhelmed. Not eaten anything and been drinking, no intention of jumping ship but i think if i was too it would have been today. Made tea for OH (tomato soup with cheese on toast) and i was sooo close to scoffing some cheese. I know it won't make me feel better but my god did i want it :(

Determined to do this, i am usually such a quitter but to be honest failure is not an option for me right now. My new mantra is quitters never win and winners never quit!

I keep telling myself this is not forever, its a few months, being heavy forever is a life sentance. I think i'm making it sound more dramatic that it is, my life is pretty good and i know that but if i want to change something has to give huh? to see the rainbow you gotta endure the rain (dolly parton)... gee i am deep tonight.

Hope you ladies are good. Oli x

dear diary! well today has been hard! been feeling weird all day, weak, shaky and very overwhelmed. Not eaten anything and been drinking, no intention of jumping ship but i think if i was too it would have been today. Made tea for OH (tomato soup with cheese on toast) and i was sooo close to scoffing some cheese. I know it won't make me feel better but my god did i want it :(

Determined to do this, i am usually such a quitter but to be honest failure is not an option for me right now. My new mantra is quitters never win and winners never quit!

I keep telling myself this is not forever, its a few months, being heavy forever is a life sentance. I think i'm making it sound more dramatic that it is, my life is pretty good and i know that but if i want to change something has to give huh? to see the rainbow you gotta endure the rain (dolly parton)... gee i am deep tonight.

Hope you ladies are good. Oli x

Well done for not falling off the wagon Oli, sorry to hear its been a hard day for you, but it sounds like you have done amazing with keeping on track!, your weight loss has been really great and steady to, so just keep focusing on that brilliant work!!. How many more months are you planning on doing the Cambridge? is it to a set weight? or just to do a few months and see how things are?.

I have lost 1lb so far from Monday, hope it continues to go down *fingers crossed*

Hubby suggested i do 1 week of exante to see if i like it or not, then buy the month amount, so i will decide hopefully by the middle of the week, to allow for delivery of the month pack.
I need this weight off soon...

(please forgive me for posting this next part!!)

I have been getting positive ovulation tests on day 20 of my cycle, and i am on day 18 atm, so i will be seriously tempted :eek: (well should i say, i am!) and hubby said he would be happy if we were to ttc now!, so i need to behave! although it is very frustrating.

Hope your all well xx

Hi Elaine, how are you? I have to admit, i would love to ttc as well but i know things would be easier and better for me to do it in a few stone... but that is me, i am by no means saying you should. I can see why you would be tempted to try now, i honestly think if i did ttc now i would be doing it for me, selfishly so i could fill my belly with "cravings".

Keep thinking how brilliant you would feel if you were around 14st when you conceive, how brilliant summer will be. We're all here for the same reason, to lose weight to have a LO... stick with it Elaine, you will be so proud of yourself.

100% support for you whatever you decide to do x

Hey Oli/ Elaine,

Sounds like it is a day of temptations for everyone. Well done on avoiding the cheese- don't know if I could be that strong and Elaine well, Oli is right in that you know you'll feel much better if you've lost a few stone before you ttc. These thoughts might be related to the fact that you're on Day 18 and the hormones are kicking in. I know I am ALWAYS like that when it comes to that time of the month.

Well, I had an ok kind of day. Not much happened really. So well onwards and upwards tomorrow.

Talk soon

Determind

Mornin guys, how are you?

I had the weirdest dream last night, dreamt i was eating cheese and onion crisps on a plane, haha! woke up this morning feeling mega guilty that i ate :17729: was telling OH and he said fill yer boots with those kind of dreams, haha!

Feeling more positive today, jumped on the scales so .5lbs down, positive i can lose the 4lbs by Monday i want :D obviously i would take 5 hahaha

So Elaine, what did you decide to do? rock on your BFP if thats what you choose x

Morning ladies :bliss:

I am going to resist this cycle i think. I just have a overwhelming urge to go for it though, its stupid i know.
I would love to be a lot lighter than what i was when preg with my girls, so i need to focus.

Well done with the more weight down Oli!, how much in total do you think you will loose?.

I am 3lb down so far from Monday, but i never lost that Monday, so hopefully it will keep coming off. I am just eating atm lol! kinda following slimming world LOL!!! - i need to get my head sorted on what diet i want to do, no wonder my weight is all over the place

Hope your all getting on well
xx

LOL! at your dream Oli! bless you feeling guilty to hehe, but it didn't happen, and your doing great! :)

hiya - for what its worth i think your doing the right thing, i know all our ultimate goals are to have happy healthy pregnancies resulting in happy healthy babies but you need a happy healthy mammie for that and if we are all honest we're not that at the mo - we're work in progress :hug99:

I have a fair bit of weight to shift, a lot, but i am working on 50lbs at a time. Only 12 till my first 50 are gone - i reckon we will be ready to ttc June/July and i will be under BMI 30. Plan of doing the diet for the next 22 weeks and i will, i will, i will! My stop date is the 21/07. I think not having a date would drive me insane :rolleyes:

What about you guys? do you have a date in mind to actually begin ttc-ing?

Oli x

be hungry now, eat when your preggers lol

:giggle: i have an awful feeling that is EXACTLY what would happen..

lose a lot of weight, get preggers then eat like it's going out of fashion :17729:

hence I am considering SW as opposed to CD to do it more slowly and sustainably!

aw well done to everyone and :grouphugg:as well...

I am in the same dilemma as everyone else too..I am desperate to conceive our first baby but I know I really should wait until I've lost some weight. TBH I'm not taking any precautions at the minute, if it happens it happens but I am focussing on getting fit and healthy as well. I know in my heart of hearts I should wait until I am at that magic number but with the problems we're having I'm so scared it will NEVER happen so we're just going to let nature take its course. :sigh:
Mum of 3 - I second you about getting into the right head space. Getting away from this comfort eating is a vicious circle!

Has anyone tried Paul McKenna? I have started listening to his cd and I have to say it is very inspirational! I wouldn't trust myself to not follow a diet but I'm hoping he helps with the emotional eating :)

Ladies Im so sorry i havent been online to keep in touch. To be honest I wasnt sure what I was doing diet wise so I just wanted to get my head sorted.

I went out and bought a weeks supply of slimfast today so im starting that tomorrow. My aim for this week is to walk at least 4 days.

Well done Oli! You must have willpower of steel! Can you bottle it and send it my way :D

Elaine....its a hard decision to make but you know what you want to do at the end of the day. Im doin the same as florabell Im not being careful at all so if I had a happy accident I wouldnt mind.

Back