Loosing weight before ttc

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Kids have been (and still are) teething and sick. On top of that, I was away at a hen weekend and then followed it by a nlowout birthday party for a friend. It's been hectic and with both kids waking every hour or two at night I am so TIRED , I cna barely even think let alone type. I'm in work (but on lunch) at the moment and I don't know how I'm even thinking straight. Plus had one of those BORING BORING BORING meetings which seemed to drag on for about an hour longer than necessary and where nothing was decided at the end. SO frustrating.

I'm only catching up but it sounds like everything is going well. Congrats on all the weight loss everyone - I'm DELIGHTED.

I'm not even bothering weighing myself this week. I know I've put up weight. So the plan is to go and weigh next Monday when I'll either stay the same or lose some. At least then, I'm not beating myself up over having put on weight this week. There's no need to do that .

Right off to have some low fat soup for lunch and more litres of coffee. Might be a few days before I get back on again but I'll be keeping an eye on you all :)

Take care,

Determind

hey determined, good to see you again.... sounds like your worlds been hectic!! Poor sod being up all night with your kids, i'm not looking forward to that, LOL :sigh:. Well done thou on moving on and not dwelling, ur right what good would it do? anyway, life isn't always ideal and we all have to learn to deal with those situations :confused:

Hope the afternoon flies by and your soon home having an early night :nightf:

whoop whoop i am officially into the next stone down!! 8lbs to go and i've lost 3st :D:D:D:D I am keeping everything crossed i can do that by 22/02..... :girlpower:

How are the rest of us getting on? :wave_cry:

Hya Oli!! well done you. Thats brilliant, must feel so rewarding loosing so much weight in a short time.

Determined i am shattered to, my little lass is teething and not managing to sleep a straight hour with out crying :(
Sounds like your being your name, and will do well this week though! well done.

I am feeling like crap, i have not lost yet (i to weight at least once a day!) and i just want to start doing the exante diet, but i can't afford it atm.

hope your all well xx

hiya Elaine.... i wish we would both stop this daily weighing!! :cry:if we saw a bigger loss then that might keep us going, sometimes it all comes off in a oner! :D

Yip, this diet is great but i can see how it can cost more for ppl with kiddies and an OH to feed. I've been keeping our food receipts and we have spent about £27.00 the last 2 weeks on food :confused: poor OH has been eating everything out the freezer, well i say poor OH but i've been batch cooking and freezing pots for lunch and tea :D at the mo he has chicken chilli, beef chilli, spag bol, stew and dumplins and chicken stew. Gonna do corned beef hash tomorrow cos got sliced corned beef that gonna go off :jelous: so waste not what not, LOL.

Elaine, you will soon be shaking your shakes and drinking off those lbs! :D:D:D

Determined, hope you've got your stride back. Oli x

hiya Elaine.... i wish we would both stop this daily weighing!! :cry:if we saw a bigger loss then that might keep us going, sometimes it all comes off in a oner! :D

Yip, this diet is great but i can see how it can cost more for ppl with kiddies and an OH to feed. I've been keeping our food receipts and we have spent about £27.00 the last 2 weeks on food :confused: poor OH has been eating everything out the freezer, well i say poor OH but i've been batch cooking and freezing pots for lunch and tea :D at the mo he has chicken chilli, beef chilli, spag bol, stew and dumplins and chicken stew. Gonna do corned beef hash tomorrow cos got sliced corned beef that gonna go off :jelous: so waste not what not, LOL.

Elaine, you will soon be shaking your shakes and drinking off those lbs! :D:D:D

Determined, hope you've got your stride back. Oli x

It does get addictive weighing every day though eh!. Oli, your man sounds like he is taken good care of with having all those yummy meals :D. When i did the cambridge diet, i was on step 4 the 1200 cals one, and i did get on fine with it, my first loss was 14lb! which was amazing!!. then it went to 6lb then lower as i was starting to cheat, which was very stupid of me. So i will either treat the exante one as 2 shakes and a meal or try and do the 3 shakes i think. At the moment the deal on the exante site you save over £100 in the bundle pack which sounds great.

Hope your all doing fine!
x

He sure is well taken care off! :) but he is worth it, he is such a lovely man (most of the time :jelous:) he emailed me to say he loved his bangers and mash for lunch, lol :D and between cooking and me cd-ing its saving us a BOMB! :eek:

I don't know much about exante but be careful, have the right amount of packs don't make up your own diet. I am lovin CD, its tough but the weight losses are such an incentive. There is a spreadsheet on the cd section on here that you can save and put in your own weight etc and it works out if you keep going your end date which is SO motivating :bliss:

What are you planning for valentines? i'm going to make OH steak and chips, his favourite. There is nothing more important than me losing some weight to get pg :innocent0001: so we'll be celebrating next year! (hopefully with a bean!)

Oli x

He sure is well taken care off! :) but he is worth it, he is such a lovely man (most of the time :jelous:) he emailed me to say he loved his bangers and mash for lunch, lol :D and between cooking and me cd-ing its saving us a BOMB! :eek:

I don't know much about exante but be careful, have the right amount of packs don't make up your own diet. I am lovin CD, its tough but the weight losses are such an incentive. There is a spreadsheet on the cd section on here that you can save and put in your own weight etc and it works out if you keep going your end date which is SO motivating :bliss:

What are you planning for valentines? i'm going to make OH steak and chips, his favourite. There is nothing more important than me losing some weight to get pg :innocent0001: so we'll be celebrating next year! (hopefully with a bean!)

Oli x

Hiya Oli, i ideally would prefer to be going on CD again, as i really loved the ready made chocolate shakes, i had never tried the soups though.
I have been told that on exante the soups taste better (but that is obviously due to different people different taste buds eh lol). But i only liked the chocolate/chocolate mint shakes on CD. But the bundle pack i am hoping to get on exante is

28 Shakes

7 x Banana Shake

7 x Chocolate Shake

7 x Strawberry Shake

7 x Vanilla Shake

28 Soups

7 x Mushroom Soup

7 x Thai Chicken Flavour Soup

7 x Tomato & Basil Soup

7 x Vegetable Soup

28 Bars

14 x Toffee, Nut and Raisin Bars
14 x Chocolate Orange Bars

So hopefully i get on fine with it, i so desperately want this horrid weight off. Hubby and i keep talking about when would be best to ttc again lol!, we have decided it would be better to try in the summer as we had mentioned before, as then it is more sensible as i hopefully by then have shifted at least another stone +.

Regards to Valentines day i am really not sure :eek: hubby is not working it as far as i know, but i think it will most likely be a nice tea and a dvd from blockbuster or something lol!!

Hope your all keeping well!!

x

Morning Elaine, how are you? weekend already!! hope you get your packs soon, how long is the offer on? The selection looks good but i would be worried about having to drink the soups too, i live on chocolate and banana hahaha! :rolleyes:

I jumped on the scales again and am down 2.5lbs, grrr!! wish it was faster :mad: drinking loads and eating nothing! Mind you if i can shift 4/5 per week thats nothing to be down about eh? :eek::D roll on Monday WI.....

Keep in touch over the weekend when you can x

Morning Elaine, how are you? weekend already!! hope you get your packs soon, how long is the offer on? The selection looks good but i would be worried about having to drink the soups too, i live on chocolate and banana hahaha! :rolleyes:

I jumped on the scales again and am down 2.5lbs, grrr!! wish it was faster :mad: drinking loads and eating nothing! Mind you if i can shift 4/5 per week thats nothing to be down about eh? :eek::D roll on Monday WI.....

Keep in touch over the weekend when you can x

Morning Oli
I know what you mean in regards to favorites lol!, i never tried the banana and strawberry ready made drinks, i did try all of the shake sachets though but chocolate, and the chocolate mint was the nicest for me.
That offer is now more expensive, it changed not long after i copied and pasted the list, but they have tried to con it also!, cause it was under the £90 now its £99.96! :mad: with free p&p if you order before tomorrow, but not possible for me, and it will no doubt stay at that price, it was around £3 or so for p&p

I really don't know what to do now :cry: i had thought about getting these shakes, 2 a day and a low carb meal, which is cheaper also.
I just wish these shakes would not be so expensive, i know your saving money atm though Oli, i wish i had done this before having my kids, and managed to maintain it :(, but i suppose there is no sense wishing, cause i can not change the past, plus i wouldn't want to, cause i may not have had my darling girls! (who actually let us have a 6 hour straight sleep last night!!! :D :D which i do feel great about, as it feels like months since we last managed a straight nights sleep).

Hope you have a good weekend when it comes, which reminds me, i still need to buy my hubby a valentines card! lol
x

Oh Elaine, don't be upset. Everything comes to those who wait and maybe packs are not the answer. What about speaking to your GP and asking about prescription liquid diet. A friend of mine a few years ago did lipotrim with a dr's script. Worth a try? :hug99:

I can see its expensive, is there no way you could do a higher step of CD where you only need 14 packs per week? How much do you normally spend on groceries per week? things will work out, have faith x

It is to be done as 2 meal replacements and one low carb meal i believe, but it is not to be used just on its own, you need to eat also.

I really can not afford it being weekly even at the 2 sachets a day, cause something else always crops up, but i will see about getting those other shakes, and see what like.

Thanks Oli x

Morning Elaine.... how you feeling today? I'm soo tired! Finally figured why i haven't lost as much as i hope, started my P this morning. Makes sense. Was such a doom and gloom last night and was really hankering after some grub but played a few games on the wii fit, so was -13lbs since i was last on it which was wicked to see :D need to make a bigger effort to use it more.

Not up to much today, don't even plan leaving the house, OH is working till 12. Gonna get crackin on my cleaning jobs then i can chillax, LOL! Was in town yesterday and bloomin krispy kreme have heart shaped donuts :rolleyes::rolleyes: considered getting on for OH but decided against it cos i would have inhalled it when i got into the car, haha.

Hope you enjoy valentines and see you Monday (if not before) for the WI x

hey guys. have been having a scan read. looks like you are all doing fabulously :)

just thought i'd say, since some of you seem unsure how much weight you want to lose, that you aren't (or at least this is what i was told by the mw) considered a higher risk pregnancy weight wise unless your bmi is 35 or over when they book you in. not entirely sure whether 35 is inclusive or not. i got in at 34.5... ha. there are higher pregnancy risks when you are overweight, which is why you are consultant-led rather than midwife led at a bmi of over 35.

if you have a bmi of over 40 then they usually give you a couple of extra scans towards the end of the pregnancy to check that the baby is not either too big or too small given that they may have some trouble in feeling it. of course my midwife told me all this about the possibility of baby being too big or too small and about the extra scans, only to tell me afterwards that i wasn't fat enough to qualify :S so she worried me for nothing!! ha.

so sorry for barging in. don't know if any of that is relavant but thought it might be helpful to someone :)

abz xx

grrr.... just typed out a big speel and lost it cos i was working out BMI!!!

thanks for that info Abz, it really does help :hug99: give me a real goal to aim for. Thanks babe, keep reading and kicking us along if we need it will ya?

just worked out if i get to 14 7 my bmi is 34.8 LOL! so thats my first goal. Then we can start ttc until we're lucky enough to get our first BFP!

just back from sainsbury's with OH, not going again, am in such a mood! everything was on 2 for 1 or BOGOF (well thats a gross exaggeration but it felt that way) and i am sure they had the fresh bread airfreshner blasting the shop!!! Got OH a steak for tonight for valentines, so that and skinny chips then choc pots :rolleyes: overspent on my budget (but i shall forgive us because i got little treats valentines!) mind you in saying that we are still spending way less, spent £45.00 which is about a third of what we used to spend between groceries, takeaway and eating out.

Thanks again Abz, you really have given me a boost, i read on someones ticker that a goal without a deadline is a dream so now i have my target i am off!

Oli x

ha. glad it was some help hon. it always helps to have a goal. and it's fab to see your bmi ticking down. i got mine to just under 30 for my wedding and it had managed to balloon to 34.5 by the time i was 12 weeks preggers, ha. i have 'conveniently' thrown away my scales after swooshing water out of the bath onto them by accident and now have absolutely no clue what i weigh :S am really dreading finding out too, ha.

abz xx

getting "rid" of the scales is a good idea, worry about any gain once your LO arrives :D

everything seems weight controlled doesn't it? i wonder thou, what we would obsess about if it wasn't the lbs!!

Bet you are excited about your LO, must be amazing to conceive first month (i've been reading your diaries, now we've chatted Abz i'll be sure to stop by.

Just cooked steak, chips and onion rings for OH, he is eating it now :p i am not even tempted, i am on a mission.... BMI 34.9 here i come.

me again....... :eek::p

Well its sunday night, sitting watching dancing on ice after a v traumatic experience!! was over at my Mom's earlier, OH was watching Villa :rolleyes: anyway, needed to go to the loo, it was agony, from now on i am never missing the fibre89 again :eek::eek::eek::eek: sorry tmi i know :eek:

Weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping for 5lbs, was -4.3lbs this morning (obsessed!)

Come on my fellow lwttc-er's :D:D:D

Monday 15th Feb

Yahooooo lost 5lbs this week, bringing me to the grand total of 38lbs, whoop whoop!! :girlpower:

12lbs till my first nifty fifty :p:p was saying to OH this morning to expect to be paying out in the next 3 weeks, oh i am sooo in the grove just now.

Elaine? Erin? Lucy? Determined? where are you guys x

Back