Loosing weight before ttc

mummyofthreegirls

Hiya :bliss:

(please forgive me if this should be in another part of the site).

I want to loose 4 stone before my husband and i ttc our 4th little one, we have 3 girls, 4yr old, 3yr old and a 1yr old.
And i was wanting to know if anyone else is loosing weight at the moment to ttc, and what diet your all doing.
I have stopped the Cambridge Diet, mainly because i only liked one flavor of shake, and i was getting fed up drinking the same one all the time.

I hope to chat to other people on the same boat so to speak lol!

xx

Last edited:
Hi hunni

a big warm welcome to you!! Slot of us had babies whilst on cd lt or when we came off them so there are lots of stories to be shared!!

I'm 37 weeks gone now so won't be dieting for a couple of weeks but can't wait to hear o your progress!!

Congratulations on your family already!!

Xxxx

Thanks LovelyLauren, what an exciting time for you! :D hope you have been keeping well

Thanks Freefalling, best of luck loosing the weight you want to loose, hope it does not take long for you to conceive when the time comes :D

I have so much to loose, and i would love to be able to eat and loose weight but i think it may have to come to drinking the shakes etc to loose the bulk of the weight. I have bought a few nutritious drinks that i will use as meal replacements for lunch, and maybe breakfast also. And prob try and do low cal eating also.

Good luck xx

morning elaine, how was yesterday? I was so good and only lost a flippin lb overnight! My OH said if you do that for 28 days you've lost 2 st - errr duh! lol! Oli x

Morning Oli

I am still up in the air as to which diet i should be doing lol!!. I have spotted low carb shakes online which i am thinking about getting, not sure if i should just go for it and do just fully having shakes, or have low carb food to lol.

I have gained weight since yesterday, so really need to get my butt in gear!!.

Well done in the 1lb loss! it is pretty amazing to think how much you could loose loosing a lb a day though eh!. I counted on the calender if i was to loose 2lb per week for 28 weeks (end of July) it would be a 4 stone loss, which would be brilliant, as thats when we really do hope to ttc.

What diet are you doing? i have the wii (not the wii fit plus one though) but i have been trying to do the fitness coach with it, i never knew how unfit i was lol! did 30 minutes earlier in the week and it about killed me :8855:

Take care
xx

Don't forget that in order to conceive you need to be healthy so please make sure if you're doing any of the meal replacement schemes it's nutritionally balanced. Diets like Cambridge, Lighterlife etc are thoroughly researched and if used properly are proven safe for most people.
If you are using "nutritious drinks" make sure they have been designed as meal replacements as most have not unless they are bought from someone with nutritional training.
The website that you linked to states
They are mostly to be eaten in moderation, with the bulk of what you eat being non-branded unprocessed foods such as vegetables, salad, fish, chicken, meat, eggs, cheese, seeds, nuts and berries, and the bulk of what you drink being water.
so maybe consider doing an approved diet or asking your GP to refer you to a dietitian. Also whatever diet you're doing, don't forget your folic acid! Lots of luck TTC :)

Thanks Vickie, i love my veg so i really should loose weight easily with the fact i like all the foods mentioned, but i really make a lot of wrong choices.

How exciting your wedding day coming up so soon :D, hope everything is set and ready for the big day!! :love047:

Thanks very much

And congratulations on the birth of your baby girl to :D hope your both well

I would love to be able to afford to do the cambridge diet again, i lost my first stone on it, i am trying to look for something along the same lines but cheaper :eek:
xx

Hiya :) i already have a little girl who is 9 months, would LOOOVE to have another but have decided to to TTC till i can lose my pregnancy weight from my daughter! but can never find a diet to stick too! haha :D best of luck sweetie x x

I would love to be able to afford to do the cambridge diet again, i lost my first stone on it, i am trying to look for something along the same lines but cheaper :eek:
xx

Exante do a 1 month supply (can be solely shakes or a mixture of soups, shakes and bars), its 89 pound or thereabouts.

Thats the cheapest I've seen. I did try the kee diet stuff but it was disgusting.

£89 per month!! gee whizz.... positive bargin x

well, all going well here, still 100% but only day 15 so not jinxing myself, determined!! lost another 6lbs this week, so i am delighted.

Elaine, how's it going?

thanks for posting all your cd conceivers, your keeping us going x

Hiya Oli, Well done with the 6lb loss!!! thats fantastic! :D good luck with the coming up weigh in also x
I have not been getting on great to be honest. But i am going to be doing a big shopping today so i can by low carb foods, and i am buying those shakes i mentioned about to.

Good luck loosing the weight Hannahgraceee, i have a small age gap between my eldest and middle daughters (15 months) and its so lovely having them so close, its a 22 month gap between my middle and youngest daughters, which i think is a good gap as my middle daughter took better to having a baby sister, i think because she understood.

I had thought about doing the exante one, but i was not sure if they were nice or not, i nearly got the christmas bumper pack, but then the offer changed when i could afford it lol! i even bookmarked it lol!

morning, good luck with the shop babe, i wish i could do it with food but i know i can't! what about slimming world, isn't the red days high protein? cd works fine for me cos its def less than i would be spending on food but i know its not the case for everyone.

Just gotta keep our eye on the prize x x

My head is up in the clouds lol!, i was going to order the bargain pack of exante, but my hubby said, just do the low cal diet and get the weight loss going first then go on to something like exante or cambridge again!.
I have loads to loose, i would love for the weight to come off a chunk at a time :eek:
So we have done a shopping, and i will see how it goes, i will take it a week at a time and see what like lol!. I will do my weigh ins on Fridays i think.

Hope your well Oli and keep up the brilliant work!!! :D

I really couldn't stick to low cal diets. Did cd for just over 4 months and lost4 stone. We then started trying for a baby and I concieved the next month.

Morning Elaine, so, did you weigh? wait till Monday and we'll do it together, be more encouraging. I have loads to lose as well if its any consolation but i am more than up for the challenge. Its my Mom's birthday today so was baking a storm last night, never ate a morsel - wasn't even hard! Long Long Long may this last. Popped on the scales today and was another 2lbs down from Monday so if i can lose another 2lbs by Monday that me bit 2 stone already!!!!

Angie i really hope we're all as successful, 4 months isn't long really when the outcome is a beautiful little baby. Congratulations x

Hiya Oli :)
Well done for not touching any of the food while you were baking! Happy Birthday to your mum, its my father inlaws birthday today to lol.
Also well done with the 2lb loss, you are doing so well!
I weighed in today, but just so i have a start weight for doing this diet. But i will still weigh in on Mondays as its just easier being start of the week to eh

I skipped breakfast which was tut tut
Lunch i had egg & bacon
Tea time i will be having tuna mayo baby spinach and cubes of cheese.

Angie! how amazing loosing so much in a little time! i would love for my weight loss to be as quick!, congrats on your little bundle to :D

Hope your all having a lovely day x

Hi. I started using xenical at the start of January, ive also got a personal trainer i see once a week. My start weight was 22st 8lbs. Im weighing myself tomorrow so i will see if i've lost anything, fingers crossed. Im trying to get down to a healthy BMI but I wanna lose at least 5 stone before i start trying for a baby. Im so desperate to have a child. Im only 24 but have never had regular periods but my doc says thats down to my weight and wont let me have any tests til i lose some weight so here i am. well done for your loss's so far and its nice to find some other people in the same boat.
Erin xxx

Back