Loosing weight before ttc

Hey lucy, good luck with slimfast.... :D come chat with us more (if you can) we are all keeping eachother going. LOL @ you thinking i have willpower, i seriously don't, i am just desperate to have a LO :D

Oli x

What about you guys? do you have a date in mind to actually begin ttc-ing?

Hi,

Yep, if things fall into place, I'll start July/ August this year. So far, I've never had a problem getting pregnant as I was pregnant on my first within the first month of trying and my second within three months. Mind you, I had been off the pill for a number of years and was on a totally normal cycle. My cycle and period is a little messed up since DD was born , and I've been on the pill for the last year but I'm hopeful that things will work out fine.

BTW, did you try my new quick loss, guaranteed to lose weight programme? It's called the winter vomiting bug. I managed to get it today somehow :jelous:

Glad to see so many people back on track and LOL at your dream Oli- feeling guilty over eating dream crisps, hehe...

I'm off to bed with a big glass of water. See you tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers,

Determind

Hey guys..... well started AF today, so explains the weird moods of the last couple of days. I've written it in my diary cos i really want to be aware of how i am "working" LOL! Was doing the dishes last night and ate a sliver of cheese, mega pissed with myself by it was completely GROSS! I loved cheese and that cheese was what we always get (cheddar) but it tasted yuck. Told OH who proceeded to remind me why i "choose" to do this - and he is right but sometimes i just don't want to hear it. Feeling ok about things today, so determined to do this diet and get to goal by summer, actually think that tiny bit of cheese has re-focused me cos it was sooo disappointing how rank it tasted. Onwards and downwards on the scales.

How are you ladies?

Determined we're both aiming for june/july - the clock is ticking my friend. 22 weeks yesterday till 21/07 (my target!) :D:D

Looking forward to hearing how you all are soon, Oli x

hey guys. sorry i vanished for a bit. you're all doing so well!!

oli. don't fall into the cheese trap. i did, wasted so much money and weeks of weight loss. i got desperate as my weight losses on cambridge were about half of what most people's are, but yours are going great guns!! don't give up. you're doing fabulously :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz :D i won't, cheese and me are over (drama queen moment!) :p think sometimes i just hate being told what i can and can't do :rolleyes: (grow up huh?)

Will come over to your thread to see how your doing... Oli x

Hiya Ladies :wave_cry: i am having a very low day today, my face is burning also today (was last night to, no idea whats causing it).

I am honestly not sure when hubby and i want to ttc, i just feel it will take years! to loose the weight needed :cry:

I am having such a crappy day, i was shopping with my youngest as the other two were at nursery, and this little boy was crying and screaming and shouting 'i don't want to go home' and he was hitting his mum while she carried him, and i felt myself wanting to burst out crying, i think it was more for the fact it looked like the mother had just had enough, and the kid obviously was so frustrated and upset, i just wanted to give them both a cuddle.

Hope your all doing well
xxx

oh Elaine, i hope you pick up soon. Its hard work having your 3 girls and your OH - give yourself more credit. Sending you a big cyber hug. Its a long road ahead for us all but every day is a day nearer. People have lost more than we all need to lose, yes its not going to happen overnight but it will happen if we keep plodding on. The way i am looking at is it being overweight is miserable and if tomorrow will be better for me and my family if i can do this diet for another day then thats what i have to do.

For what its worth, i think you really need to concentrate on you, having another baby will happen but for now you have to start taking care of you. Enjoy your precious girls until their brother or sister comes along.

Sending you positive thoughts, Oli x

Augh some people are just so insensitive! Im bridesmaid for my sister in the summer and she said that im being selfish by TTC before her wedding....especially considering the problems we had getting me a dress!! Isnt that just lovely!

honey. you may not be showingby the summer. especially if you are losing weight at the same time. it's irrelevant whether you ttc now or later. i almost had a panic when my chief bridesmaid told me she was preggers and we'd already bought the dresses. not because i wasn't happy for her but because you have to cope with so much when organising a wedding and if something suddenly doesn't slot into place it seems like a nightmare!! my best mate had her baby before my wedding it turned out. give her a bit of time. i'm sure she'll feel bad for saying it soon enough. hopefully it was just a kneejerk reaction.

abz xx

Hi y'all,

How's everyone today? For some reason, I'm having a great day. LOADS of energy, I'm in a great mood and I am getting lots of stuff done. I love days like these- let's hope it lasts.

So did I tell you already that I gave up bread for Lent? It's actually quite hard as I love toast/bagels in the morning. Sandwiches at lunch and depending on what I ate during the day, I sometimes even have cheese on toast at night. Hvaing said that, I'm on Day 3 and was orely tempted about an hour ago to buy bread. BUT, I didn't and I'm proud of myself for that. If I can keep this up, I might make it a permanent change and see how I get on.

Oli, you're right about the cheese. I guess that will be next of my hit list but again, it's really hard to do. I think when I reach my next plateau, I'll have a look at that and see what I can do there.

Lucy, I don't if you get pregnant now, that you'll necessarily be showing any belly by the summer. Don't be worrying. Brides (including myself in my day) tend to believe that the world revolves around their wedding and are shocked when people do things outside of that. She'll get over it and if she doesn't, I'd say feel free to tell her to cop on.

Elaine, I hope you're feeling better. Like you, it does seem like a mountain to climb, not only do we have to ttc (which can take time and can be a mountain in itself) but we have to lose weight before we can. I know how you feel. My approach has been using the little phrase "you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time" i.e. I'll lose the weight and I'll lose two pounds a week, then after 3 months, I'll look at what back at I've done and look forward at what I need to do. I'm not worrying about the big picture, I'm just keeping an eye on it.

Anyway, back to work. Talk soon. Hope everyone has a happy healthy weekend.

Determind

Hey ladies, how are you all?

Things here are fine but mad major wobble. Was so mean to OH on Thursday, huge shouting match!! :mad: then got my AF on Friday (i'm sure i am repeating myself, sorry!). Friday never got any better was crying and so upset. Spoke to sis in law (cdc) who said it might be to do with the loss of weight so quickly and the estogen from having my AF. She said to maybe go up the plan till AF ended, so was telling OH and we agreed it would be a good plan. Long story short, ordered domino's!! Felt better, prob all in my head but its done now. Not stopping cd and already had a shake and water today but i def convinced myself eating would make it all better.

Went on the scales this morning and gained 0.8 of a lb! :sigh: so doubt i will lose the 4lbs i wanted by Monday, have only lost 2lbs so far (oh sigh!!!!!!!!)

Hope you ladies are well, chat Monday when we report with numbers xx

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing this late into the thread. We are ttc our first, but the dr thinks i have weight related infertility, but is not willing to investigate further until i've lost weight. I'm using a clear blue fertility monitor to establish if i'm even ovulating, on cd14 and so far had all highs, no peak. My biggest fear is that i won't be able to have children sometimes i'm positive about weight loss but mostly i'm not. :D
I'm retyring ww for the millionth time, i was on sw but i've not really lost anything this time round, think because i never limit my portions and if i forget to take something out the freezer for tea, i end up eating takeaway.
Hope we all get our baby bumps soon!

Hiya ladies, hope your all having a good weekend

Welcome Nicki :) best of luck loosing weight doing ww, i really hope you get a clear positive ovulation test soon, i know that feeling of testing and testing. I have been ovulating on the 20th day of my cycle, but i either just missed the day for my positive or i haven't ovulated this cycle, i felt so low not seeing that positive.

Hugs Oli, i hope your feeling better with being able to eat also at the moment, i found i got very snippy with my man when i lost 1 stone very quickly, its strange with why that happens eh. But you are doing great!!

Determind, i think giving up the likes of bread is a brilliant thing to do, you may even feel better for it. I find the likes of ryvita is brilliant as an alternative. Its right enough though, 2lb a week fairly mounts up after a few months doesn't it.

Well as i mentioned to Nicki, i have not ovulated that i have noticed this month, i really do feel gutted, but i know not everyone does ovulate every month. I have been trying to keep a sensible mind, with not wanting to ttc just yet, but it is difficult, but one thing that is keeping me focused atm is seeing woman with beautiful preggy bumps, and knowing that i am going to shift this weight so i can have that lovely bump. I only showed late on with my three girls, and i would loved to have showed earlier.
I weighed myself, and i don't think i will have lost weight tomorrow, but stranger things have happened.

Hope your all well
xx

22 Feb

Well, just been on the scales and i have lost 3lbs this week, not bad considering the pizza! so total of 41lbs, now my next target is 9lbs in the next 3 weeks. Easy!! :D:D

Feeling way better, AF has gone (already!) but not complaining. Time is passing so quickly huh??

Elaine, hope your ok, i've not been testing for ov at all lately, my clear blue has been demoted until further notice (lol) but your right, don't think of it as a lost month think of it as your body keeping the best egg's possible for when you do ttc.

Welcome to the gang Nikki xx

Hi Determined... staying the same is way better than gaining - and we're all told maintaining is the hardest bit and you have that licked! :D:D keep going x

hey guys. looks like you're doing ok :)

oli, i turned into a maniac when i initially did cd. hormones are stored in your fat cells, so keep at it, because the mania means that you are emptying those fat cells and the hormones are being released :D

i wouldn't recommend dominos again. not because it's naughty on cd (although of course it is) but you won't get away with it like that again and also next time you'll probably get the mother of all carb hangovers!! and they really aren't worth it, ha. you're doing fabulously babes.

congrats to everyone so far :D don't worry about sts. if you are staying on track you'll suddenly get a whoosh. hope the whoosh fairy visits you soon.

and i'm aware i sound a wee bit patronising but i promise i don't mean to. i'm just at the end of a very long day at work. still have an hour to go!!

abz xx

hormones are stored in your fat cells, so keep at it, because the mania means that you are emptying those fat cells and the hormones are being released :D

abz xx

Hi abz,

I NEVER knew that. Wow, maybe that explains why I have progressively got more hormonal as my weight has blossomed. Interesting....

Thanks Oli and Abz for the support but I've hit a wall. I can't believe I did this tonight but I actually ate a quarter box of pringles. I'm feeling super guilty now, I'm definitely falling off the wagon. Anyone feel like hooshing me back up again? I'll never ttc at this rate.

It is purely purely purely habit with me. Once it hits 8.30 pm, I truly convince myself that I need food. I nearly had it tonight but I'm after crumbling and giving in and eating pringles. Anyway, I'm going to have to think of a way around this. Everything else is going so well, - the exercise, the lack of bread, the lack of chocolate, the increase in fruit and vegetables- everything- except this.

Well, too tired to think now so I'm off to bed. Talk soon. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Determind

Back