lose weight or lose family

okay so i purchased exante ages ago a bumper pack and I still have 62 shakes left. I am always thinking about losing weight but never committing and it is destroying my family life. I feel crap, I hate the way I look, I dont feel romantic in the bedroom, dont want to go out as a family because nothing to wear and self concious blah blah blah. so last night my husband let me know that it is not just me who is unhappy. He is tired of excuses and me being miserable and not wanting to go out as a family and that things need to change. He has always been supportive and loving no matter what weight I am but I think he has had enough of miserable me and quite rightly has pointed out that if weight is what is making me miserable then lose it. So today is the day I am going to commit to 3 weeks total solutions as I have 3 weeks of stuff so here goes.

Lovely to see you here :)

Thing is, you need to do this for yourself - to have gotten to the point where you can't stand the situation you are in anymore. Is that true for you? Any diet done for the wrong reasons, or for someone other than yourself isnt going to have the staying power.

Family are good motivators and we love/hate them for it! But you need to be the determined one here, and put yourself in the place mentally where its you calling the shots.

At least that's my experience!

Good luck with the next three weeks - we're here with and for you all the way :)

thanks meggity. This is for me completely I dont want to start my 40s wishing things away like I have done with my 30s. So here goes.

Good luck and stay strong 2daynot2moro and you never know these 3 weeks may just prove something to yourself in the process :)

2daynot2moro said:
I am always thinking about losing weight but never committing and it is destroying my family life. I feel crap, I hate the way I look, I dont feel romantic in the bedroom, dont want to go out as a family because nothing to wear and self concious blah blah blah.

Hey,

I could have wrote the exact same thing a few weeks ago and although my partner would probably never say it, I know he is miserable about the fact that I'm not really up for going out and doing family things anymore. I told him it's because I just like staying in but that is a big fat lie! On my 4th week now (18lbs down) and although I have a long way to go and am constantly thinking about food, the thought of being able to go on holiday as a family and actually enjoy it and go out with my partner and get all dressed up is what is getting me through TS. So it can be done and you CAN do it! Perhaps make a list and stick it on your fridge of all the things that you will be able/want to do when you get to goal and another list of why you have to lose the weight. Each time you reach for food, just read the list- it had helped me greatly. Best of luck, I am sure you will do fab xx

Hey,

I could have wrote the exact same thing a few weeks ago and although my partner would probably never say it, I know he is miserable about the fact that I'm not really up for going out and doing family things anymore. I told him it's because I just like staying in but that is a big fat lie! On my 4th week now (18lbs down) and although I have a long way to go and am constantly thinking about food, the thought of being able to go on holiday as a family and actually enjoy it and go out with my partner and get all dressed up is what is getting me through TS. So it can be done and you CAN do it! Perhaps make a list and stick it on your fridge of all the things that you will be able/want to do when you get to goal and another list of why you have to lose the weight. Each time you reach for food, just read the list- it had helped me greatly. Best of luck, I am sure you will do fab xx
Couldn't agree more .... you can do this focus on your first WI to get you through and how pleased you'll be when you lost weight! It is hard but I was miserable with summer coming along, not wanting to go out because I felt I mess ... well now just finished my 5th week and have lost 18lbs and my what a difference I feel ..... there is nothing better than the feeling of baggy clothes! COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Good luck hun and I will be following your next three weeks to keep you motivated!! xx

And you'll be amazed how much more confident you are after losing some of the weight!!

I have no problem going to bournemouth beach in my mankini now :D

I can relate to some of it, but I'm not in a relationship and don't have children. But my weight and my mood still affects the people around me in more ways than I ever thought possible.

Even though none of us know who you are, it has taken a lot of courage to admit all of that. It is also a very big step to go from putting it off to getting started. Obviously, under the circumstances, you now have more pressure on you to succeed. Maybe that is exactly what you needed.

I really hope that you will see the first 3 weeks through and then go on to do what you need to be happy. If you stick to the plan you will get there, but just concentrate on one day at a time.

You have support here if/when you need it. :)

thanks everyone and 14to9 that is it exactly I want to ski in winter and beach in summer and knock the socks off my partner when we have date night instead of wishing we could stay home and watch tv in pjs. Half way through today and all good but need to drink another litre and half of water. Night times are not my problem so if I can get through to 6pm I will have my first day down- fingers crossed.

You know you can do it, it's only a few hours :)

Well done for taking positive action....... let us know how you get on :D

I know that feeling oh too well avoiding going out and seeing people because of your weight, I really hope you succeed and find the happy family life you want :)

Best of luck with your journey! Never thought I'd be able to do this, but into my 5th week now! So grateful for this forum too, has helped me through many a difficult day.
And Lurvedecake, love to see that mankini! Lol ;-) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Imagine putting a rubber band over your head and under your nose. It's not very comfy, dunno how you girls wear thongs lol :)

When I hit my target, I promise I'll upload a photo :D

This is a really awful disease and you are not a bad person. Its so hard and no-one except a fat person really understands what effect this has on you physically, emotionally and psychologically. Being fat is just awful, it makes you feel bad - and this spills out in all your relationships and all your life.
Its a disease. There is no magic pill but you have discovered the 'magic packets' - its the best around. I feel for you and a few days of feeling rough and hungry are nothing when compared with feeling fat. So you have reached the pit, the only way is up. By writing it you have become to come to terms with you and you are sure you don't want to be that person any more.

Go for it, so quickly you will start to feel good about yourself, A few pounds make a difference, a stone is staggering and three stones a miracle.

What a great journey you have just started, this amazing forum has like minded souls who will share your journey. Some are winning, some faltering but all understand your pain and despair. Its going to get better and soon you will feel better and soon you will feel great. its quite an adjustment so be patient and you will win, your life is about to change.
Go for it!
GSQ

Back