Losing 28lbs With Your Help

GreenSaints

Hi all :wavey:

This must be my hundredth time of being 'on a diet' but this time I'm really focused and thought I should start a diary (thanks to the prompting of Plumfoodie) :character00148:

Outside my weight issues, I'm also currently tackling debts that I have accured over the years. I have a debt diary on MSE and write in it religiously. If it wasn't for that, I don't think I would have cleared half of what I have, so I'm thinking this diary will do that same...........I hope! :innocent0001:

I'm going to do a 'big shop' tomorrow as normal, but I have listed a lot of things that are low GI/GL. I haven't tried this way of eating before and I am really interested in trying it, though it confuses me so much! :confused: I'm going to give it my best shot though. I plan on writing daily what I'm eating, so I hope you all can keep an eye on me and keep me on the straight and narrow! :whoopass:

My new plan starts on Sunday - so I have another day of binging! :p Everything 'bad' is going out of the house so I am focused 100%.

Every week I'm going to set a weight loss goal and a focus goal. The focus goal is just to keep my mind on the prize! Whether it's a treat, an exercise goal or just something non weight loss related - just to keep everything in perspective.

Week 1 Weight Lose Goal: 2lbs
Week 1 Focus Goal: Not weigh myself every day

So, that's about it really. Hope I haven't waffled, and would love to make some new buddies :D

hello and welcome aboard :)

You have a great and sensible plan in place, you will succeed on that hun!

i am doing it 'alone' healthy eating and exercise, i have a lot more than you to lose, but it is working! :)

just want to wish you luck, keep posting, you will receive lots of support and advice on here :)

Hi

Thank you for replying :)

You've done fantastically well. Congratulations! And with good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise :)

So today is my last binge. Kinda of like my last supper! :p

I'm off to Asda in a bit to get my food for the week. Luckily (depends how you look at it) I'm only eating at home 4 nights, as I've got a work do on Thursday and eating round my mum's Friday and Saturday.

I know what I'm eating out and have got low GI/GL meals planned at my mums. This also gives me a few days to get some more recipes sorted for next week.

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow with my first day and official weigh in! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Hi GreenSaints!
I just wanted to wish you all the very best. You sound like you are very organised and I'm sure you will do great. I'm just 'eating healthy' at the moment but I have tried Low GI before. I went to the library at the time and there was a huge range of Low GI cookbooks available. I got one by Anthony Worral Thompson and found it great for ideas.
Have a great weekend!

Hiya :)

Thank you for your reply

Do I sound organised? That'll be a first! :p

I'm just trying to think how I've got rid of most of my debt and I'm trying to apply those methods to this.

So, I'm going to come on here lots (you won't get rid of me!), write my food down as soon as I eat it and just try to get my head as determined as my heart is.

I am super excited to start tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend :D

You do sound very organised!. The fact that you've planned the shop and what you're eating at your mum's is brilliant..if she's anything like my mam, she shows her heart through her food and that ain't good for the waistline!.
I just started a diary last week and I'm using to plan my day, and then going back in to tweak it if I do anything differently. I have been thinking that I might have a 'cheat' day once a week to keep me motivated..I did that before on another diet, after weigh-in and it didn't make a difference to the scales but definately made me happy!
I'm looking forward to reading your diary. Bet you'll come up with some nice recipes that I can copy!

Aww, thanks hun :) But I'm really not that organised! But I'm pleased it looks like that so I can feel smug :D

Yes, my mum does force food on me, but I've categorical told her what I can eat and when I say no more, it means no more!

The good thing is, she is a vegetarian who doesn't like chocolate, so if I get tempted it'll be by healthy stuff! So on Friday night we are having an omelette (my mum makes the best omelettes hands down!) and on Saturday we are going to have an Indian, which I've decided I'm going to have a big portion of tandoori chicken tikka and no rice.

I suppose I better tell you a bit more about me before I keep going on! I'm 27 and live in Peterborough with my boyfriend of (nearly) 9 years, a fish and a cat :) My boyfriend has lost about 2 stone recently and I don't know how! I love him to bits, but secretly I hate him for easily losing this without trying! Damn him!

I had my last binge tonight and I feel awful for it, which is good I suppose as if I ever get that feeling of wanting to eat 'naughty' food, I'll remember this feeling!

Can't wait to get going. Just need to keep focused, not let any disappointments stop me and just keep going :)

Hi all,

I just wanted to say, thank you SO much for making me feel welcome and giving me lots of motivation and I haven't really started yet! I'm very grateful :)

So far, so good -had my first serving of All Bran (think I'll get used to the taste!) and me and my boyfriend are off for a bike ride :)

Will let you know how lunch goes :)

RainbowRose said:
hello and welcome aboard :)

You have a great and sensible plan in place, you will succeed on that hun!

i am doing it 'alone' healthy eating and exercise, i have a lot more than you to lose, but it is working! :)

just want to wish you luck, keep posting, you will receive lots of support and advice on here :)

Hi
You aren't 'alone'
You have all of us to answer to !!! And encourage you
Go girl xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi again :)

Just to post that I had lunch/tea and it was delicious! We were going to have chicken, but I totally forgot we had some turkey steaks that needed eating, so we had:

• 2 x turkey steaks (fried)
  • A mountain of cabbage, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli
  • Roast chicken gravy (I know, but I didn't know I was going to have turkey! :p)
The gravy was delicious! It is only 6.8g carbs and seems to be 50 calories. I will be getting that again I think and using it for every meat! :D

So bar the All Bran and milk and two clementines, that's all I've eaten and I'm stuffed! If I get hungry later, I have some mixed berries that I can have with some natural yogurt. Nom nom nom :D

Thank you hun :)

I did get a bit peckish, so I've just made myself a pre-Top Gear snack of 100g natural yogurt, 100g mixed berries (originally frozen), 100g strawberries and 10g sugar (the berries are a bit sour!)

It's quite nice, but I think I might have a flavoured yogurt next week as the plain yogurt is a bit boring!

So today has been very successful I think :D

Day Two

Still feeling positive. Did Level 1 of 30 Day Shred. I was nearly on Level 3 a week ago, but I thought I wanted to start from the beginning to coincide with my new 'diet'

Best go and make my lunch now. Chicken caeser salad. Nom nom nom :)

Hmmm, well I did fall off the wagon today. It's only day 2! :(

I had an awful day at work and succumbed to a Sainsburys mini chocolate chip muffin (approx 170 calories) :(

I wouldn't have had one, but in the meeting food was provided, so I did resist 2 packets of biscuits, 2 boxes of muffins, various sandwiches and crisps.

I don't have any 'bad' food at home, so I should be back on the wagon again. Having an omelette which I'm really looking forward to :)

Hope everyone is having a better day than me!

Aw, that's not too bad at all. You can maybe do a bit of exercise when you get home..that'll work off the muffin and bust some of that stress!. Fair play to you for resisting the other food. It's hard to stop yourself when other people are eating it in front of you.
Have a lovely relaxing evening and you'll be back in great form tomorrow!

Back