Losing 5 stone before trying for a baby

Just checking in- still hovering at around 11stone 11/11 stone 12. Not doing very well at losing my last stone and a bit. The problem is that I am pretty happy at the weight I am now, so don't have a great deal of motivation to put in the effort to lose the final bit. That and the fact that I have been injured so haven't been doing as much exercise. At least I am learning to maintain! Hope everyone is well and doing better than me at losing those pounds.

I do get where you're coming from, I havent set a final target yet as im just not sure or I worry im setting myself up for a bit of a fall. Its great you're learning how to maintain as I think that will be the really hard bit. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just popping in to say hi, I am still the same weight as I was three weeks ago, so still maintaining at the mo. Pretty happy with that though as it was my birthday and I had quite a bit of nice food for that, and I haven't really been thinking much about weight loss at all.

hi sparkly been working overtime at work diet hit the hall the last two weekends so im back on monday x

Hi everyone,

Back after a few months away! I ran the London marathon in April in just over 6 hours :). Since then, however in have been having problems with the back of my knee and have put on about 4 pounds. So I am back to try and eat healthily and maybe lose a few more pounds. Hope everyone is doing well?

WOW! I could never run a marathon, you have my complete admiration! Huge congratulations just for that!

4lb is not a huge loss when you're not able to be as active as you were - it's pretty much enevitable that a little would creep on, don't beat yourself up! You've already achieved so much! :)

Well done on the marathon, hon! That 4lbs will come off in no time. Just look after your knee (from someone who has two wrecked ones, lol). :) xx

hi sparkle
well done on the marathon run i would have took 10 steps and collapsed lololol
you will have the 4lbs of in no time x x

Thanks ladies, glad to be back :). Going to see the physio on Monday so hopefully that will help. Have had a good day eating wise for me so far today and haven't felt that hungry which is rare for me.

hope all goes well darling x x x

Hi ladies- well I am back again after another few months away. Knee is still bad- I had an MRI and found out that I have bad arthritis and my knee frequently gives way :-(- am seeing a physio at the moment who thinks he can help with the giving way part at least. Anyway, I want to lose a bit more weight to reduce the strain on my knees. I am going to do it through healthy eating- I have all 3 of the Hairy Dieter's books which are fantastic.

How is everyone getting on?

Ouch, sorry to hear about the arthritis, hon. :( I've got it in both knees and am having my first knee replacement next month, gulp! How is everything else going for you? :) xx

Hi Tracy
Remember me? When's your knee replacement? Mine is on November 18th. I can't wait. Although slightly terrified as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Tracy
Remember me? When's your knee replacement? Mine is on November 18th. I can't wait. Although slightly terrified as well

Hi Kat, how are you doing? Of course I remember you!! My op's on the 14th November - wow, we can be knee replacement buddies, lol. My diary's in Calorie Counting Diaries if you want to pop over - have you got one anywhere at the moment? :) xx

No I haven't. I took a break from minis for a while. I've been up to the hospital today to the knee clinic where they give you all the ins and outs etc about the enhanced recovery programme and painkillers. Which is basically about how quick they can get you out of hospital. :) i see if I can find your diary

Tracy what's it called? I can't find you

No I haven't. I took a break from minis for a while. I've been up to the hospital today to the knee clinic where they give you all the ins and outs etc about the enhanced recovery programme and painkillers. Which is basically about how quick they can get you out of hospital. :) i see if I can find your diary

Oh I've got something like that coming up, but not until the week of my op. Tomorrow I've got an Anaesthetics appointment, then in 2 weeks I see the consultant, so three pre-op appointments in all! I must admit I'm getting pretty nervous about it! :) xx

Back