Losing 5 stone before trying for a baby

hi sparkly
thats great only 2lbs well done x

Back to only being 1lb above my pre-holiday weight now, yey! Am so so pleased because I honestly thought that I might put on a stone or something in the 2 week holiday (going by past 1 week holidays where I have put on 1/2 stone) and I didn't. Would love to get to normal BMI by the end of September but that might be a little bit ambitious.

Back to only being 1lb above my pre-holiday weight now, yey! Am so so pleased because I honestly thought that I might put on a stone or something in the 2 week holiday (going by past 1 week holidays where I have put on 1/2 stone) and I didn't. Would love to get to normal BMI by the end of September but that might be a little bit ambitious.
sparkly i think bt the time i go on hoilday or when i come back you will have done it your a hard worker and you have done so well on hoilday x x

Well I am now back to pre-holiday weight only 9 days after my holiday which I am thrilled with. Only 3 pounds to lose to get to a normal BMI now. When do you go on holiday Chezz?

hi sparkly wow you go thats great
i am countdown now 17 days friends are house sitting whiile we away

I have now achieved my Half Century-50 pounds lost in total, wow :). Only 2 pounds to lose until my BMI is normal. Can't wait to be lighter than my husband too which is not far off.

I am now only 1 pound off my BMI being normal- seems to be taking me forever to get there though! I get a bit frustrated at times because I want to try and get to 11 stone 7 if I can by December when we start trying for a baby, but I need to focus on how well I have done and that even if I am only losing weight very slowly, I am still keeping off what I have lost. I am running another half marathon on Sunday. This is my 2nd one, the first one I ran last year just after I started this thread and I was 3 stone heavier than I am now! Hoping to be slightly quicker this year (but not sure if I will be!) but the main aim is just to get round as my knees and shin have been a bit dodgy lately.

Chezz how are you getting on? You must be going on holiday soon?

I am absolutely blooming thrilled and over the moon today- I have reached the 11s (11 stone 13) and have a normal BMI for the first time in around 9 years! And Chezz you were right- by the looks of your thread I did get there while you we're on holiday (hope you had a lovely time by the way)! I still want to lose another 6 pounds ish before starting trying for a baby in December. Hopefully then I will fit into more 14 trousers as at the moment I am generally a 16 bottom (although some 16s are too big and yesterday I even tried 1 pair of 14 trousers that were too big). This is really good because I remember last year before I started eating well and exercising more going into a massive clothes shop and not being able to find any trousers big enough to fit me. I was a size 20 then so obviously there were other places I could get trousers to fit on the high street but it did hurt my feelings!

Ultimately, my goal is 10 stone 7 (or size 12) so I would need to lose another 1 stone 6 lbs to get there.

Am going to bask in the excitement of having reached my first goal before changing it on here but don't worry I won't be resting on my laurels, I have a half marathon on Sunday (please let my knee be OK to get through it, it has been a bit dodgy this week!).

there are so many diets that you don`t need to chose between very low calories diet or no diet at all. Being on a diet is – in my opinion – just easier then “trying to eat healthier”. It doesn`t have to be a slimming diet – it can be a sport diet as well.
The most important thing is to change your eating habits – baking and boiling meat instead of cooking it, salads instead of bread and an apple for a snack.
The problem is that when we are overweight our body makes us think that we need certain amount of food. Only later it appears that it wasn`t true – I didn`t feel I eat too much before I started a diet but now I see I`m after half of the portion I used to eat. That is why a diet comes in handy – somebody who knows better tells us exactly how much food we need even if our body doesn`t like it from the start.

Thanks Anna. I can see how structured diets suit some people better, but it is important for me that whatever I do is sustainable so that I can keep the weight off for good. So healthy eating (including changing the way I cook things as you mentioned) with some treats and plenty of exercise is what works for me and it is definitely working- I have lost 3stone 12lb in total and now have a healthy BMI. Only 6lb to go for me now!

Ran my half marathon last week in a time that was 16 minutes faster than last year despite my dodgy knees so was very happy with that. Not so happy with the fact that I haven't been able to exercise for the past week (recovering from half marathon and trying to let knee heal). Off to see physio about knee tomorrow and hoping to try a cross trainer session or swimming tomorrow evening depending on what physio says.

well done hun x x x

Glad to see you back again Chezz, but sorry to hear that your holiday wasn't as nice as you hoped. I am hobbling around today as I was doing some exercises to help the front of my knees which are injured, fell over backwards and pulled a muscle in the back of my knee! Only I could do that, lol!

lol lol no i could do that to

Having gained a pound and then stayed roughly the same weight for about 3 weeks I have finally lost that pound and lost another one so I now weigh 11 stone 12lb- 5 pounds from goal. What is even more exciting is that my husband and I both weighed each other last night and I finally weigh less than him- only by 0.2lb, but yey!

Well I am still basically the same weight wise as the last time I posted. I did, however buy a size 12 top and cardigan the other day that fit me perfectly (although admittedly it is a large size 12) and jeans from GAP that are measured in inches not sizes but are the equivalent of a size 14 :D. I have also started training because I am going to be running the London Marathon in April next year. I am really keen now to lose another 2 pounds which will take me to 4 stone lost.

Back