losing motivation

elida

Hi all,
:sign0144: , this is my first post.
I have been on the diet since July 17th and lost 8.5 kg in total, I have another 8.5 kg to lose to reach my goal. For the last 2 weeks I am kind of stuck. What kept me going until now was getting result almost every day, now I am struggling. I was looking for success stories, that's how I came across with the board and wanted to say hi :).

I know I will eventually start losing again (please tell me so) but it is hard to stay on track! I started to rationalise cheating here and there (like this morning, I had grilled tomato on my PP day or I had an atkins bar yesterday and told myself it should be OK since it is low carb..) and of course it is not helping moving the scale..:confused:

This diet is much easier than I thought it would be and I was doing so good.. I just need to focus again..

hope everyone is doing well...

Mind over matter, it is hard because the scales have frozen for me for a good 2 months now, each day i fail i keep saying i'll start again tommorow, but today im fed up carrying on wearing tracksuits because other clothes look to tight so here goes i need to make an effort too !

Elida, don't give up. Try varying your menus so you're not bored. I've found some great recipes on different dukan sites. I've only been on cruise phase for 3 days but today I got into a pair of shorts I haven't been able to wear since '99. That's what will keep me going( I hope). I read a good mantra-'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels'. I keep telling myself that every time I feel tempted to stray. You've done so well, keep it going!

Take it one day at a time, don't have anything in your house that will allow you to cheat, do a few days of ATTACK again and the scales will have to move! Saying 'just don't cheat' is obviously easier said than done but it's not just you, every single time I cheat I gain or stall...you simply cannot expect to cheat every day and lose, so the problem is not that you personally cannot lose weight or that you're a failure where this diet is concerned. Just remove the temptation and don't give yourself such a hard time, guilt will only push you further from the path of success x Start again today, start again now!

wise words wkdstepmum xx

Welcome!

When I have a stall I hide the scales for a bit.... and weigh once a week rather than every day.

I would try varying what you eat - as Wendy says. Go back to the book and see if there is anything you havent tried before to try and shake things up a bit.

8.5kgs is brilliant. Stick with it you will get there.

Post your menus on the menu thread and ask if they are ok? New eyes can see things that we are blinded too.

And Welcome

I think you and I started at the same time, and have lost pretty much the same amount of weight. For the last 2 weeks, I have kind of stalled (not helped by the going off plan last week, when I went away). My husband on the other hand has lost consistently and is almost at goal. So yes, I am a bit p***ed off. What keeps me going is that my weigh loss trend is going down, and I will get to goal. I think you and I have had too much weight loss too soon, and we are now getting inpatient. Take heart, follow the plan, and we will get to where we want to be.

Tessa

Go back to basics (cut out the tolerated items completely, do your 30 mins exercise each day, stop having those little cheats which over the course of the day add up, up your water intake etc.) and after a week I bet you'll have had a loss and will feel motivated once more. :D

Thank you all for the warm welcome and support:)
Today I saw a friend who hasn't seen me since I started with the diet, she was shocked:) I guess this was what I needed exactly:rolleyes:
I will be a good girl and not cheat at all starting from today until I feel comfortable:)
Taffy girl, losing the scale might help for a while, you are right. I am not bored with the food, but maybe I should go with eliminating some stuff to see what is causing this..
Tessa, looks like we have the same amount to lose with the same start day:) I was losing 2-3 pounds every week steadily up until 2 weeks ago, this was frustrating.. I will up my exercise starting from tomorrow, hoping that will do the trick.. Please let me know when you start losing again, I will update you too..

I am happy to see the results in everyone's signature, it is really helping too by the way:)

How about posting your menus? We might be able to give you some ideas to jazz things up again. Do you marinate? use any of our recipes? bake things with your oatbran?

I cook the galettes and have them as snack with fat free cheese mostly.
I am pretty much eating the same every day, turkey bacon and 2eggs for breakfast, salmon/ tuna/chicken breast for lunch and dinner (with salad or steamed veggies on PV days). I don't eat red meat.. I don't marinade, I grill whatever I am having, I use a spray olive oil. For dressing I use the vinaigrette (prepared according to the book)
I don't eat out unless absolutely necessary.
Also, I drink green tea, not very fond of it so I mix it with peach tea and prepare a big bottle of ice tea and drink through the day..
Addicted to diet coke, trying to stay in the limits of 3 cans a day which is a struggle:)
For desert cravings I have skimmed yogurt with sweetener and vanilla flavour but not every day.
That's pretty much it..
I started taking vitamins, I guess that was messing me up.. Whenever i start using vitamins my appetite gets out of control.. I will take them twice a week from now on, not every day.
I think I will start losing again next week if I can up my exercise for a few days, but I don't feel like I have the energy:( Will try though..

Please don't panic when the scales stop moving down for a week or two - our bodies work in cycles (not just the obvious monthly ones!) and sometimes the underlying loss is masked by hormonal changes and water retention.

When I was in in Cruise I regularly stopped losing for 10-12 days and then would lose 6 lbs in a single week straight afterwards.

Jade, I read it on Uk site chat section.. Also they were saying that there is a one egg yolk limit now (if you have no colesterol problem, if so it is 2 yolks per week), they are revising the plan constantly..

Hmm bit annoying when you've bought the book 2 weeks ago and now the advice in there isn't valid! I don't see what the problem with diet coke is as no sugar, no cals and in the book he recommends drinking it to stop cravings. It's hard limiting the eggs u have what with muffins, galettes and wanting to have inspected for breakfast!

Back