losing motivation

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by elida, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Hi all,
    :sign0144: , this is my first post.
    I have been on the diet since July 17th and lost 8.5 kg in total, I have another 8.5 kg to lose to reach my goal. For the last 2 weeks I am kind of stuck. What kept me going until now was getting result almost every day, now I am struggling. I was looking for success stories, that's how I came across with the board and wanted to say hi :).

I know I will eventually start losing again (please tell me so) but it is hard to stay on track! I started to rationalise cheating here and there (like this morning, I had grilled tomato on my PP day or I had an atkins bar yesterday and told myself it should be OK since it is low carb..) and of course it is not helping moving the scale..:confused:

This diet is much easier than I thought it would be and I was doing so good.. I just need to focus again..

hope everyone is doing well...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mgeraghty5

mgeraghty5 New Member

Mind over matter, it is hard because the scales have frozen for me for a good 2 months now, each day i fail i keep saying i'll start again tommorow, but today im fed up carrying on wearing tracksuits because other clothes look to tight so here goes i need to make an effort too !

4. wendygrant

wendygrant Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Elida, don't give up. Try varying your menus so you're not bored. I've found some great recipes on different dukan sites. I've only been on cruise phase for 3 days but today I got into a pair of shorts I haven't been able to wear since '99. That's what will keep me going( I hope). I read a good mantra-'nothing tastes as good as being slim feels'. I keep telling myself that every time I feel tempted to stray. You've done so well, keep it going!

5. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Take it one day at a time, don't have anything in your house that will allow you to cheat, do a few days of ATTACK again and the scales will have to move! Saying 'just don't cheat' is obviously easier said than done but it's not just you, every single time I cheat I gain or stall...you simply cannot expect to cheat every day and lose, so the problem is not that you personally cannot lose weight or that you're a failure where this diet is concerned. Just remove the temptation and don't give yourself such a hard time, guilt will only push you further from the path of success x Start again today, start again now!

6. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    wise words wkdstepmum xx

7. Taffy Girl

Taffy Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Welcome!

When I have a stall I hide the scales for a bit.... and weigh once a week rather than every day.

I would try varying what you eat - as Wendy says. Go back to the book and see if there is anything you havent tried before to try and shake things up a bit.

8.5kgs is brilliant. Stick with it you will get there.

8. Poppy03

Poppy03 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stab
    Post your menus on the menu thread and ask if they are ok? New eyes can see things that we are blinded too.

And Welcome

9. Its Tessa

Its Tessa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st3.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.2lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    Dukan (previously LC)
    I think you and I started at the same time, and have lost pretty much the same amount of weight. For the last 2 weeks, I have kind of stalled (not helped by the going off plan last week, when I went away). My husband on the other hand has lost consistently and is almost at goal. So yes, I am a bit p***ed off. What keeps me going is that my weigh loss trend is going down, and I will get to goal. I think you and I have had too much weight loss too soon, and we are now getting inpatient. Take heart, follow the plan, and we will get to where we want to be.

Tessa

10. willbefabulousat26

willbefabulousat26 Likes to Dukan

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Go back to basics (cut out the tolerated items completely, do your 30 mins exercise each day, stop having those little cheats which over the course of the day add up, up your water intake etc.) and after a week I bet you'll have had a loss and will feel motivated once more. :D

11. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and support:)
    Today I saw a friend who hasn't seen me since I started with the diet, she was shocked:) I guess this was what I needed exactly:rolleyes:
    I will be a good girl and not cheat at all starting from today until I feel comfortable:)
    Taffy girl, losing the scale might help for a while, you are right. I am not bored with the food, but maybe I should go with eliminating some stuff to see what is causing this..
    Tessa, looks like we have the same amount to lose with the same start day:) I was losing 2-3 pounds every week steadily up until 2 weeks ago, this was frustrating.. I will up my exercise starting from tomorrow, hoping that will do the trick.. Please let me know when you start losing again, I will update you too..

I am happy to see the results in everyone's signature, it is really helping too by the way:)

12. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    How about posting your menus? We might be able to give you some ideas to jazz things up again. Do you marinate? use any of our recipes? bake things with your oatbran?

13. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    I cook the galettes and have them as snack with fat free cheese mostly.
    I am pretty much eating the same every day, turkey bacon and 2eggs for breakfast, salmon/ tuna/chicken breast for lunch and dinner (with salad or steamed veggies on PV days). I don't eat red meat.. I don't marinade, I grill whatever I am having, I use a spray olive oil. For dressing I use the vinaigrette (prepared according to the book)
    I don't eat out unless absolutely necessary.
    Also, I drink green tea, not very fond of it so I mix it with peach tea and prepare a big bottle of ice tea and drink through the day..
    Addicted to diet coke, trying to stay in the limits of 3 cans a day which is a struggle:)
    For desert cravings I have skimmed yogurt with sweetener and vanilla flavour but not every day.
    That's pretty much it..
    I started taking vitamins, I guess that was messing me up.. Whenever i start using vitamins my appetite gets out of control.. I will take them twice a week from now on, not every day.
    I think I will start losing again next week if I can up my exercise for a few days, but I don't feel like I have the energy:( Will try though..

14. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Please don't panic when the scales stop moving down for a week or two - our bodies work in cycles (not just the obvious monthly ones!) and sometimes the underlying loss is masked by hormonal changes and water retention.

When I was in in Cruise I regularly stopped losing for 10-12 days and then would lose 6 lbs in a single week straight afterwards.

15. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Is there a 3 can a day limit on diet coke?? Didn't know that?

16. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Jade, I read it on Uk site chat section.. Also they were saying that there is a one egg yolk limit now (if you have no colesterol problem, if so it is 2 yolks per week), they are revising the plan constantly..

17. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hmm bit annoying when you've bought the book 2 weeks ago and now the advice in there isn't valid! I don't see what the problem with diet coke is as no sugar, no cals and in the book he recommends drinking it to stop cravings. It's hard limiting the eggs u have what with muffins, galettes and wanting to have inspected for breakfast!

18. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi. I second what Atropos says as I had a stall of almost 2wks then suddenly lost 3lbs in one day and another pound the following day!

I know it's hard to keep motivated though when the scales aren't budging and you are doing everything you should be doing, but hang on in there as those scales will lose in the end!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.