Losing nothing!!! Please advise.

Thanks for that link, some good tips there.

LornaGrace said:

Thanks lorna, I'll make a note of all these tips from the link you posted and hopefully I'll notice a diff.

I also went back through my old food diaries to see if I could match up the weeks where I had good losses to the food I was eating the same week. Some weeks there wasn't much difference but for my best losses I ate a lot more salad & had meals like stir fry, beef & veg stew, mixed grill, so I'm trying these again this week.

Thanks again x x x

Yeah and me, I'm so fussy with veg but love fruit, I may look online to see if the have anything.
Me too, there are a few of us about. Someone I met at our group is the same, cant stand veg but loves fruit. She has managed to lose over 2 and half stone on ee, and not eating much if any veg, all fruit. Total admiration to her!

hollys nan said:
Me too, there are a few of us about. Someone I met at our group is the same, cant stand veg but loves fruit. She has managed to lose over 2 and half stone on ee, and not eating much if any veg, all fruit. Total admiration to her!

So there's hope for us yet!!!! X

Certainly is, it is nice to know there are others like myself, in fact I think she is worse than me for veg. She only likes mushrooms, but has lost so much and looks fantastic, so fruit is the way to go if you dont like veg! She told me she eats a bit of her meal, nibbles some fruit, then goes back to finish her meal. Cant say I could really do that, so I just eat a right big bowl of fruit first, then have my meal, and if I am still hungy, have some fruit after too! I do like red and green though, just felt I wasnt getting anywhere last week.

I think I'll try one of those plates from eBay, at least I could put the fruit in the one compartment as my desert so to speak and it wouldn't get mixed in with my main meal! That way I'd know I'm getting my 1/3 superfree on my plate!!!

Certainly is, it is nice to know there are others like myself, in fact I think she is worse than me for veg. She only likes mushrooms, but has lost so much and looks fantastic, so fruit is the way to go if you dont like veg! She told me she eats a bit of her meal, nibbles some fruit, then goes back to finish her meal. Cant say I could really do that, so I just eat a right big bowl of fruit first, then have my meal, and if I am still hungy, have some fruit after too! I do like red and green though, just felt I wasnt getting anywhere last week.

I'm doing red days, I have to say its harder then ee, I love my carbs! I'm going cold turkey at the moment and feeling really deprived.
Red day three today, can't say it will last. xxxx

You can have a small amount of your carbs within your HEB though, and you do have extra HEBs on red. How about mixing red and green?

I think I'll try one of those plates from eBay, at least I could put the fruit in the one compartment as my desert so to speak and it wouldn't get mixed in with my main meal! That way I'd know I'm getting my 1/3 superfree on my plate!!!
Hi there, our c told us that it is best to eat the fruit first as the idea is to fill up a bit before your meal if yr not having superfree food within your meal. I have been eating a bit like this this week. Others in the group say this seems to work, although they all like veg, unlike me! Hope this helps

hollys nan said:
Hi there, our c told us that it is best to eat the fruit first as the idea is to fill up a bit before your meal if yr not having superfree food within your meal. I have been eating a bit like this this week. Others in the group say this seems to work, although they all like veg, unlike me! Hope this helps

Thanks hollys nan, I'll try that. I've switched things around a bit this week with my meals and lost 1lb so far (official home weigh in Friday) hoping for 1 more by then x

I'm doing red days, I have to say its harder then ee, I love my carbs! I'm going cold turkey at the moment and feeling really deprived.
Red day three today, can't say it will last. xxxx

Okay, I may going out on a limb here but.....

If you are feeling deprived and finding it hard the it's not going to work!!!

SW works well because it's not about deprivation or feeling hungry. We should never ever feel hungry on SW, it's a recipe for disaster, a slippery slope to failure. Well, you get my drift...

If you like carbohydrates then have them. Just maybe reduce your portion size a bit but don't suffer.

I rarely do red days because I'm hungry on them so I know how you feel, but don't struggle. It's not worth it.

I agree with Jaylou I don't do red days as for some reason I feel deprived too, even though when I look at what have eaten on extra easy days its very often like a red day but without the healthy extras!
I tend to do extra easy or green days but still no need to go mad with the carbs but just enough to fillme up and make me feel like have had some!
Don't go cold turkey and struggle certainly not for 3 days in a row! SW rocks because we don' have to :) xxx

It is also worth mentioning that the key to a successful red (original) days if you are a big carb lover, is to make your sides interesting and filling.

Doing red (original) days doesnt mean that you can only eat just meat. A side of vegetables can be made really interesting and filling.

For instance whenever I do red days, my sides tends to be either a huge plate of roasted vegetables (carrots, courgettes, peppers, onion, tomatoes, beetroot) and if you have a HEa spare, some crumbled up feta is delicious mixed in, once you take it out of the oven.

or

Another good side I do, which is really quick, is to grab some of those freezer bags of veg (things like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc). I put a big serving of them in a oven proof dish, cover with a little stock, and then top with a HEa serving of cheddar or mozzarella and a bit of black pepper and bake in the oven. A great side for many meat dishes.

And lastly - Butternut Squash. Which is a fantastic superfree veg in my eyes, is great roasted with a bit of paprika and really satisfying as a replacement for potatoes. The same with swede or celeriac too which can be great replacements for mashed potatoes in dishes.

Also don't forget that you can use your extra HEb for a small carb serving if you really want it.

I'm new but my weigh loss is going well lost a stone , and I eat loads of fruit and lost of speed foods example of a day

Breakfast Strawberry and banana with muller light

Large tub of fruit salad to pick at in day strawberry grape melon plums and apple( just leave it on my desk and by the end of the day I've munch it all)

Lunch beans on toast or chicken/ tuna salad or baked potato

Tea sw burger and chips with salad or sw special rice, fish and chips , lamb with rosemary potatoes and veg

After all this I never use many syns cas I'm full and happy , try having a pot of fruit and much it through the day that way you get lost of superfree speed foods x x good luck

Wow! Everyone has given me so many tips, I'm doing okay now on Red, tomorrow gonna do ee to change things around, this week I lost 1 and a half pounds, so I'm happy about that, it means I need to keep changing things around so I keep losing.

I'm getting the hang of this, if I can loose a pound a week I'll be chuffed.

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread, I hope we can continue to help others who are at a stand still.

xxxxx

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
:)

Wow! Everyone has given me so many tips, I'm doing okay now on Red, tomorrow gonna do ee to change things around, this week I lost 1 and a half pounds, so I'm happy about that, it means I need to keep changing things around so I keep losing.

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread, I hope we can continue to help others who are at a stand still.

xxxxx

Well done on 1.5lbs loss, its amazing how mixing things up a bit helps. Keep up the good work :)

well done & good luck for next WI x

Janeasetler said:

xxxxx

Well done, I also had a good week after mixing things around. I lost 2 lb!! Got my stone & half now x

Well done, I also had a good week after mixing things around. I lost 2 lb!! Got my stone & half now x

oh well done, so pleased for you, just don't go treating yourself YET! Which was the biggest mistake I did when I dropped to my lowest in 15 yrs, I'm still after 4 months trying to lose that.

xxx

Back