Losing the plot a bit

dreamslim

Silver Member
Hi all,
I'm having a bit of a mid-week lag and have lost my motivation. Have been on track last 2 days and still am today although I have had 10 of my syns already (no more planned for the rest of the day though so will just have to try and resist any other temptation).
Anyway, I think the problem is I'm out on sat night and know I can do that on plan but I keep getting the thought of 'I'm off plan sat anyway so one (insert synful product here) wont hurt.
I need to give myself a massive kick up the bum. I've top ended my syns the last few days so will not be able to use any extras or anything I just don't want to end up on a blow out.

And on another point why is it when I start losing weight that I suddenly become very aware of my belly. It keeps feeling like its getting in the way of everything. I've only lost 1.5lbs at the mo so it still is really but even when I lost 1 stone last year it felt more prominent even though it was definitely flatter.
Do you think we lose weight faster from the areas around the belly? Crotch/abdomen etc and it just FEELS like its more in the way?
Just a bizarre thought I've had that I think goes some way to explaining my lack of motivation.

I realise I talking to myself but I'm going to carry on anyway. Lol.
I've just written my food diary for the last 3 days and, actually, I haven't been as off track as I thought. I think the key to keeping on track may be logging my diary all the time. 9 syns, 11.5 syns and 15 syns. Not bad, eh?

Lol first sign of madness talking to yourself. I am feeling a bit fed up of it all at the minute too as I gave up smoking on NYE and I know I've gained at least 4lbs I've not weighed for a fortnight because of work and its WI tonight :/ I've decided to just go and face the music and start afresh. No point in giving up we know the plan works we'll get there x

lol those posts cracked me up. We all go a little mad sometimes :p

Anyway, yeah you're not doing too badly. You might be using your syns earlier in the day than you're used to, but that doesn't mean you're going off the deep end. You'll be fine. If you behave yourself for the rest of the week, and try not to go too mental at the weekend on your night out, you should be just fine :D

Just because you're going out doesn't mean you hve to go off plan.

Work out a reasonable amount of Syns that you can stick to, and that will be you total.

Thanks all, nice that I'm not talking to myself anymore. Haha.
I've resisted welsh cake in the office today so there must be some motivation there.
The reason I had so many syns this morning was coz I skipped breakfast and had to take a client out so while he was at his appointment I went and had subway. I was still careful about what I chose (went for sweet onion chicken teriyaki in a wrap so worked out it was about 10 syns) so felt that by 11am it was all over. Lol.
I guess I lose focus a bit mid week but I'm so glad this site is here, it helps even when I was talking to myself. Haha.

I thought a wrap was more syns than that :-S

I become belly aware too, it's as if the rest of me loses and my lardy stomach stays the same. Feck.

xMandyDx said:
I thought a wrap was more syns than that :-S

Uh oh, hope not. It's not online though. The sweet onion teriyaki salad is 3 syns, a small wrap is 5 syns and the sauce is 2 syns??? I had to try and work it out from syns on the go so it may be wrong.

JezVonSavage said:
I become belly aware too, it's as if the rest of me loses and my lardy stomach stays the same. Feck.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean and it's not just a body image thing coz it actually FEELS more in the way - for me, anyway.

Anyway, I think the problem is I'm out on sat night and know I can do that on plan but I keep getting the thought of 'I'm off plan sat anyway so one (insert synful product here) wont hurt.

This is me all over and one of my biggest problems I think. I know rationally that 1 evening out means nothing in the big scheme of things, but it will often set me off on a 3 or 4 day binge :eek:

Hope you manage to resist this urge.

x

hun,i feel your pain,i also am going out saturday,and despite losing 6lbs this week (weight in yesterday) which made me sooo happy i cant help but think,oh well,going out so might aswell go off plan!! im about 5 syns over today,but hoping to pull them back tomorrow(never usually even eat my 15syns) feel free to pm me if you feel any urges to shove food in your mouth!! :) and also,my belly never gets any smaller!!!!!! bum and legs are non existent,arms and shoulders rather boney.boobs shrinking by the hour and then this massive flabby belly!! :( im just hoping lots of stomach crunches and cardio will help (when i find the motivation ahah) you can resist temptation hun,goodluck xxx

Thin in 2012 :) said:
This is me all over and one of my biggest problems I think. I know rationally that 1 evening out means nothing in the big scheme of things, but it will often set me off on a 3 or 4 day binge :eek:

Hope you manage to resist this urge.

x

Thank you.

I didn't have the Yorkshire with my roast dinner so that's 2.5 less syns than I calculated so hopefully will make up for an error in working out the syns of the sweet onion chicken teriyaki wrap.

blossom102 said:
hun,i feel your pain,i also am going out saturday,and despite losing 6lbs this week (weight in yesterday) which made me sooo happy i cant help but think,oh well,going out so might aswell go off plan!! im about 5 syns over today,but hoping to pull them back tomorrow(never usually even eat my 15syns) feel free to pm me if you feel any urges to shove food in your mouth!! :) and also,my belly never gets any smaller!!!!!! bum and legs are non existent,arms and shoulders rather boney.boobs shrinking by the hour and then this massive flabby belly!! :( im just hoping lots of stomach crunches and cardio will help (when i find the motivation ahah) you can resist temptation hun,goodluck xxx

Thanks blossom, we'll have to keep each other in check before sat night out.
The ridiculous thing is I'm out almost every Saturday night but it's usually a 'last minute' thing with me and the bf so coz it's not a planned thing like this week it doesn't affect me. :) weird huh?

Thanks blossom, we'll have to keep each other in check before sat night out.
The ridiculous thing is I'm out almost every Saturday night but it's usually a 'last minute' thing with me and the bf so coz it's not a planned thing like this week it doesn't affect me. :) weird huh?

how weird!me too haha
im usually out drinking most weekends,but pre drink vodka,n just tend not to think about it,but this weekend its a friends 21st,and fancy dress,so i think because its been planned for so long its making me feel like i have to be off plan more than any other night out?!?! funny how our brains work aye!x

Back