Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

Well I feel like the bottomless-pit monster has definitely left my body!! Had a really good day yesterday and today has started good too! I no longer feel like I need to eat my own body weight in biscuits which is always a good sign!!

I've got my son off school today as we have a hospital appointment later, he had an infection in November which settled in his hips so just got to go for some x-rays to make sure it didn't do any damage to them and then hopefully he will be discharged. I can't see there being any problems as he's walking fine so fingers crossed!

Tuesday 10th January - EE

B - toast (heb + 2.5 syns)
L - Coq au vin (2 syns), potatoes, broccoli, biscuit bar (6 syns)
D - Diet coke chicken, wholegrain rice

Coffee throughout the day (hea)

Last edited:
Thank You! They say he has an 'irritable hip' nothing to worry about, it just may make him limp from time to time but he should grow out of it by the time he's a teenager so no damage done thankfully!!

I just thought I would do a quick update on the food spendings this week. Well to be honest there hasn't been a lot spent at all! On Thursday last week I bought some more chicken portions which were £2 which I used for the Diet Coke chicken and Coq au vin this week, and I also got a tin of butter beans, marrofat peas, red kidney beans and chick peas (which I used to make the chick pea chilli over the weekend). Still need to use the butter beans and marrofat peas in a stew (got mince and stewing beef in the freezer) and will use the kidney beans and mince to make a chilli. I think that was only about £4 and then I got some reduced wholemeal bread from work for 25p so not a bad spend at all this week!!

Wednesday 11th Jan - EE day

B - toast (heb+2.5 syns)
L - Ainsley cous cous (1.5 syns) tomatoes and peppers, choccie biccie (3.5 syns)
D - Diet coke chicken and wholegrain rice

yes i reached it about last october, but ww said my goal weight should be 132lbs so i went back and reached that in December so have my gold card which means i dont pay anymore as long as i keep within 5lbs of goal weight, so im delighted :D Im sure you will be at your goal weight the way your going. Saw on your menu cous cous i love that :D
hope you had a good day;)

Many congratulations again! I've never reached my 'target weight' so we shall see this time eh?? lol! I do feel that as I get older I find the bad relationship I have with food getting better so I'm pleased about that!

Oh I love cous cous!! I've just had the last of my Ainsley stash so back to plain cous cous now, I think it's so handy to have for lunch as it's so quick and filling too! I love this recipe for plain cous cous, it was from Women's Own I think!! Place cous cous, chicken stock cube, frozen peas in a lock tight box and cover with boiling water so it's 1cm above the cous cous, leave for 5 mins. Mix with chopped cooked chicken and sliced tomatoes, warm in microwave for a minute then season (I use salt and garlic granules) yum yum yum!! xx

You can do it, im a lot older than you and find it hard to shift the weight, so thats why i put my goal at 140lbs, but the ww has made me change my eating plan. oh i dont eat meat but i could change a few things and turn it into yummy veggi recipe :D think i will have that for my dinner! having lunch out so will keep it light tonight :rolleyes: Hope you have a good day :D

Last edited:
Weigh in day today and I STS which I am thankful for!!! But this week I'm going to 'try' to be 100% and try to get the ball rolling a bit more!!

I went my Mum's today and she said 'ooh you've lost weight' I said... not really I've put it on!! It's funny how clothes can add or deduct pounds though as I do feel slimmer in what I'm wearing today (the irony... size 14 jeans, 12 blouse and 10 cardigan he he!!)

I've also just been to town on the hunt for bargains... only spent £23 which was good!! My brother gave me a £10 Argos voucher before Christmas so I treated myself to a nice beaded bracelet and a set of pearl earrings and necklace (I only had to pay 87p!!) What I actually wanted to get was some wool... I have taken up knitting and crochet as a way of keeping my hands busy at night. I'm not actually knitting anything as such, just trying to master techniques and genuinely improve... my niece is having a baby in June so maybe I'll do her a little baby blanket when I'm confident in my abilities!! So I think I spent £13 on various wool, then I actually bought a scarf from Primark lol for £2 and a roll of gift wrap for £1, then £2 in Poundland where I got a loaf tin (want to have a go at the Weetabix cake) and an annual for Dylan, finally I went to Wilko's and just got some random toilitries and cat stuff for £4.

Not bad I thought for a day out shopping!!

B - Toast (heb + 2.5 syns)
L - Ainsley Cous Cous (1.5 syns) banana, 2 biscuits (6 syns)
D -

i started knitting when first grandchild was due and have knitted for friends baby jackets :) And over the christmas i knitted a lovely hat for granddaughter will put a picture up later, going with daughter for her first wi tonight so hoping for a good loss :D
just to let you know i have put a photo of me when fat and one now in my albums (wish i knew how to put it on front page permantly never mind) :D

Oh wow how amazing your transformation is!! I bet you feel so much better now, WOW!!

I hope your daughter has gone on OK at weigh in, let me know how it went xx

Wow!!! I love looking at before and afters!! U have done really well :) xx

Friday 13th EEK!!

My food diary is pretty much the same everyday and as I record it for myself in a note pad I've decided just to add any recipes I make or this diary will become boring and repetitive!!

I have a beef stew on the go today, casserole mix, tinned tomatoes, potatoes, butter beans, stewing beef, beef stock, mixed herbs, garlic granules, black pepper. Smells nice so hopefully it'll be nice and tasty and filling!!

I went shopping this morning... still on a mission to save money!

In Sainsbury's I spent £3.43... bread 80p, milk 49p, ham £1, bananas 32p, Go Ahead slices 82p

In Lidl I spent £2.89... whole cucumber 41P, baby potatoes 59p, bag red apples £1, 2L pepsi Max 89p

Not bad eh?? Off to work today and for most of the weekend so catch you all soon xx

I bet she was so pleased :)

I really am on a mission lol! I would love to save enough to pay my mortgage off by the time I'm 40 rather than 49 when it's due to be paid... it's become a bit of a challenge :)

well done Becky on the sts, I know you were worried after your weekend naughtiness. I know you can do well this week :)
Go you with the money saving, I have been trying to do the same as we spend far too much on food.

Well it has not been a good 2 days!! TOTM has sent me demented food wise!! I really need to get back on track and find some willpower! Just needed to pop on here and confess it all... oh well there's always tomorrow!! xx

Back