Smart Points Losing weight for Summer 2017 xx

Definitely will go to class next week - need to be 100 percent on plan ( not counting today's loss as scales usually vary) x

Will your girls be back at school by next weeks meeting? X

Hollie starts school on 13th X we viewing the house on 10th x

How exciting! Our School goes back on Tuesday next week x

The school holidays have gone fast! Maisies back on 6th and Emily's 8th.

They've got an open day and we might be able to reserve our plot so only got few more weeks to add to the deposit xx

Hope u find a money tree in your back garden x

So survived first week on a budget and actually feel better for it- spent around 100 quid which includes nappies, food shopping, KFC lunch last weekend , treating Emily to some money so she could go out with friend and ice creams at the park.
I think that eat well for less programme puts food shopping in prospective, even though I'm good shopping picking items on deals etc but I still spend far to much. Also we've hardly had any takeaways so hopefully that will make a difference with dieting.

Food today:

B- 2 choc biscuits and Alpen light.

L-Chicken in wrap, quavers

D-Turkey burgers, salad and wedges

S- Mint areo, Milky Way .

Last edited:
So survived first week on a budget and actually feel better for it- spent around 100 quid which includes nappies, food shopping, KFC lunch last weekend , treating Emily to some money so she could go out with friend and ice creams at the park.
I think that eat well for less programme puts food shopping in prospective, even though I'm good shopping picking items on deals etc but I still spend far to much. Also we've hardly had any takeaways so hopefully that will make a difference with dieting.

Food today:

B- 2 choc biscuits and Alpen light.

L-Chicken in wrap, quavers

D-Turkey burgers, salad and wedges

S- Mint areo, Milky Way .

Well Done on a brilliant weeks budgeting! Me and Poppy absolutely love Eat Well For Less, we always watch it together the morning after its on. Poppy is like me and quite frugal so she is shocked (and sometimes Appalled!) at how people spend their money!!!! Did u ever watch Economy Gastronomy? It was Hosted by Allegra Mcevey and Paul Merret a few years back and was similar, I love all shows like that!!!! X

They always have some good ideas on that show, don't remember the other show-I'm always amazed too what people waste their money on X Im generally good with shopping, it's my oh that's awful he never looks at price just picks anything up. I wouldn't be able to stick to that amount every week but it's a good start especially with four children X

I think you did brilliantly for 6 of you, was there any really great was you found to save money on the food shop or wasn't more down to the cutting down on the takeaways?x

You did really well this week. I'm awful at spending money. I buy lunch in m&s most days which costs around £6 per day plus my morning Costa at £2,50. eek that's over £40 per week!

It's very exciting that you may be able to reserve your house soon. Are you taking the girls when you reserve?
X

I think it's more food shopping, this week I been making meals by using up food we already have- if we do get takeaway it's usually costs between £15-20 and not buying lunches out probably saved a bit too. To be honest I think we spend about 150 on food each week.
Also not brought any clothing that's where I probably do spend a lot- I wouldn't be able to stick to 100 every week but going try and spend less when I can.
My oh spends quite fair bit on lunches especially working in London it does add up doesn't it. I'm lucky I can't drink coffee anymore but use to be the same.

I'm hoping someone will look after them for us as it be easier to sort things out I know it be nice for them to see - I'm not sure if it's a house or town house they have available but they both look nice houses x

Last edited:
I think it's more food shopping, this week I been making meals by using up food we already have- if we do get takeaway it's usually costs between £15-20 and not buying lunches out probably saved a bit too. To be honest I think we spend about 150 on food each week.
Also not brought any clothing that's where I probably do spend a lot- I wouldn't be able to stick to 100 every week but going try and spend less when I can.
My oh spends quite fair bit on lunches especially working in London it does add up doesn't it. I'm lucky I can't drink coffee anymore but use to be the same.

I'm hoping someone will look after them for us as it be easier to sort things out I know it be nice for them to see - I'm not sure if it's a house or town house they have available but they both look nice houses x

I think you did brill and small changes will make a big difference, I'm doing the 366 day money saving challenge this year, first time I've done it and I can't wait till the end of the Year!!! It's so exciting about the house x

What's the 366 money saving challenge?
I'm going try and stick to spending between 100-160 a week- all the money we saving will add to a deposit wether we get that house or not it will help in the future.
Like you've said small changes can make a difference.
We looking forward to the viewing it be nice to see what there like we've seen a few pictures of show room versions but ours will be an empty shell. When we first saw the houses we didn't expect to get this far- we still need to have assessment done X

What's the 366 money saving challenge?
I'm going try and stick to spending between 100-160 a week- all the money we saving will add to a deposit wether we get that house or not it will help in the future.
Like you've said small changes can make a difference.
We looking forward to the viewing it be nice to see what there like we've seen a few pictures of show room versions but ours will be an empty shell. When we first saw the houses we didn't expect to get this far- we still need to have assessment done X

It's so exciting for you, you can see what you can potentially put your stamp on!!!

The 366 day challenge is that you save 1p on 1st Jan, 2p on 2nd Jan by the time u get to £3.66 on the 31st Dec! On that day I will have £671.61 in my box!!!! I don't always have change on me so I worked out how much each month is and I put it in when I get paid. It's a really great thing to do and I can't wait to start 2017 with the Pot!!!! X

That a lot of adding up, a lovely amount to look forward too- it's a fab idea- any ideas what the money will go on or will you carry on adding to it.

Yeah it is exciting but there's only 4 left x

Lucky for me I'm a maths geek so I enjoyed doing it! I would like a new dining table and chairs and TV, I have both already but they are far too small for the new house so I'd like something bigger. X

Aww so excited for you! Sounds a great way to spend the savings. How is the house coming along? The house sounds so big x
Actually a new dinning table is on our list too but that's the only thing we be buying xx

The house is still a building site but it's making progress slowly! We are in quite a small 2 bed at the moment (chose area over size to get Poppy into the school) and now we are going to a very large 3 bed, I think if it was a new build now it would be 4 bed in fact x

Back