losing weight for the final time

had another lovely day with the kids swimming. we were all so hungry when we came out of the pool so we decided to eat there, I really wanted a chicken salad but they had no chicken left. I ended up ordering fish,chips & peas, I replaced the chips with salad. The fish was fried, I only had half of it, all the salad and peas. not too bad. I don't usually eat fried food, I find that it feels quite heavy in my tummy. we wont be eating there again but made do as we couldn't wait. I feel really pleased that I'm making better choices, before I would've had cheese burger and chips or something like that. that was about an hour ago and my tummy still feels a bit funny. next time I think I'll take some fruit so we can snack on that instead.

I've been saving £5 for every 1lb I lose, when I reach my goal I'm going to use this money to get new clothes. this will mean that I have £410 to go shopping with :) I've been doing this for the last stone I've lost but need to backdate it for the first one lol. I hardly ever spend money on myself but this is something I'm going to do 100% I can't wait to go shopping, I'm going to leave the kids at home and have a day shopping in peace :)

x x

That's a great way to 'reward' yourself! Much better than on food.

It's frustrating how 'bad' the food at health centres/swimming pools is! When I did the danceathon earlier this year, there was nothing on plan that I could eat! Literally just burgers/chips/hotdogs/pizzas. And what makes it even more annoying, is that most of these places are council owned/funded - so you'd think they would be supporting better eating!

That's a great way to 'reward' yourself! Much better than on food.

It's frustrating how 'bad' the food at health centres/swimming pools is! When I did the danceathon earlier this year, there was nothing on plan that I could eat! Literally just burgers/chips/hotdogs/pizzas. And what makes it even more annoying, is that most of these places are council owned/funded - so you'd think they would be supporting better eating!

Our swimming pool/gym only has vending machines. Sometimes they have tracker bars...

yeah it really is rubbish what they have on offer. least I know not to eat there again and be better prepared next time. x x

that reminds me, last year I went to the gym and sauna with a friend, we had a good workout and then on the way to the sauna she got 2 chocolate bars and a bottle of fizzy pop out of the vending machines, she said she'd just worked them off so was treating herself lol :)

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, I've decided to drive so I don't drink loads of calories :) its a set meal, either chicken or beef. there's nothing I can really do apart from maybe not eat it all if its calorific. I'll see how it is on Saturday. Not sure if I mentioned on here that I love dresses, I'm treated myself to a new dress for every 10lbs that I lose. I got a beautiful dress last week for £35, I'm going to wear it to the wedding. I really love it but know it wont fit me for long, think I might get it in a smaller size once I'm at goal. its perfect for so many things :) x x

Is it a roast meal? The only part to really worry about is roast potatoes, and possibly gravy but for the amount of that you'd actually eat I wouldnt. If there's yorkshire pudding then they are (surprisingly, blissfully) pretty low cal (generally speaking). Chicken is lower cal than beef so I'd go for that, skip tates and fill up on veg.

I bet you'll look lovely in the dress! I'd love to reward myself for each 10lbs I lose but Lipotrim has sapped all my money and I can't afford to treat myself to things!

Glad you're doing okay xx

Is it a roast meal? The only part to really worry about is roast potatoes, and possibly gravy but for the amount of that you'd actually eat I wouldnt. If there's yorkshire pudding then they are (surprisingly, blissfully) pretty low cal (generally speaking). Chicken is lower cal than beef so I'd go for that, skip tates and fill up on veg.

thanks Dextermummy :)
I'm not sure if its a roast meal or not, I've already chosen chicken, the question was do you want chicken or beef? so unsure what its going to be with. I don't like gravy so hopefully I'll be able to get it without. I'll let you know how I get on x x

I bet you'll look lovely in the dress! I'd love to reward myself for each 10lbs I lose but Lipotrim has sapped all my money and I can't afford to treat myself to things!

Glad you're doing okay xx

thank you :)

yeah I forgot how expensive LT is, think they were putting their prices up too when I was last on it. but its not forever :)

x x

good morning all,

another 1lb down this morning :) its a great feeling to see the scales going down, still 4 days till official weigh in and I'm already 2lbs down so can't complain. for the first time ever, I'm totally happy to lose 1lb/2lb per week. I'm no longer looking for big losses. I think I put pressure on myself in the past, that pressure has gone now.

having a day at home today, think I'll sort all the new uniform out, get it ironed etc. I'm going to try and exercise for an hour today.

I'm feeling so good about my new way of eating :)

have a good day all x x

That's such a fantastic idea, do you mind if I copy you? I used to treat myself every week that I hadn't smoked when I first gave up and it's surprising how much it works! x

haha copy away :) I always think its good to treat yourself. In the past it would've been food but trying to move away from that x x

Hi all,

I made an envelope last night with 82 boxes on its to represent the 82lbs, I wrote every weight from my start weight to my goal weight and crossed off the ones I've already done. I'm going to add £5 for every lb lost. around £100 in it already, need to work out how much there should be in the there and add the rest, roughly should be £150. hubby thinks its a good idea and said that I'd probably end up spending it on the kids lol. I'm not going to. For once I will be selfish and say it is spent on new smaller clothes only :) cant wait.

half a pound down today. I'm really enjoying weighing everyday. there's no pressure attached to it anymore.

I slept in the spare room last night, my husband wasn't tired so was watching a film till late and had the fan as he was hot, I couldn't sleep so thought I'd sleep in the spare room. I slept all night, such a good sleep. I might have to sleep in here a bit more. feeling so refreshed this morning. I did 100 sit ups before getting out of bed.

loads of ironing to do today, checking all kids school stuff and work this evening.

looking forward to the wedding tomorrow.

x x

Wow, you're doing amazingly well; I'll definitely be following your diary, it's so inspirational :)! I love the list idea, I might have to borrow it if that's okay ;)? Enjoy the wedding, good luck with the meal! x

Hi Cloud, thank you. losing weight this way feels so natural, wish I'd done it years ago but probably wasn't in the right place emotionally then.

yes borrow away, we'll all have loads of money for clothes at goal :)

x x

good evening all,

I had a pretty healthy dinner but feel like I've eaten too much. I got home from work and was so hungry and ate my dinner too fast. 2 hours later my tummy still feels heavy :( I need to more aware of this. It doesn't feel good when my tummy is heavy and bloated.

not had much time to exercise today, sure I'll make up for it chasing my 3 year old around all day at the wedding and dancing.

looking forward to the wedding tomorrow. my hubby isnt very well so he's staying at home, I'm taking my little boy instead. feeling fine about the meal, I don't have to eat it all but its not the end of the world if I do.

off to sort my son's clothes out for the morning.

x x

Hey all,

The wedding was so lovely, my son loved it and was dancing for hours.

Food wise, I ate more than planned but never felt really full or bloated. I had a tiny bit of the starter, half of my dinner and all the pudding but it was only 5 profiteroles and they were small. Later on in the evening they had a buffet so had a little bit of that. I was pleased that I didn’t eat the whole plate of dinner. They also had a popcorn and sweet stall, my son had some, I had 2 pieces of popcorn lol. Overall food wise wasn’t awful, just more than I’d normally eat. I said no to the wedding cake, even though it looked really nice. I guess I mainly had restraint when it came to the sweet stuff. Woke up today not feeling hungry at all, maybe because the buffet was at 8.30pm and I don’t usually eat that late.

Didn’t weigh myself today lol. Official weigh in tomorrow.

Have a good day all x x

Back