losing weight for the final time

Sorry you weigh more than you thought, but you're so motivated you will lose it.

thanks Buffy. I'm determined to get this weight off once and for all. just annoying when I was 20lbs lighter a couple of months ago, but its done now so onwards and upwards :) x x

hey all,
so since weighing in earlier, I've been thinking about the best way to get to goal asap. I've considered doing diets that I've done in the past and have decided to start atkins, I did dukan before and think they are similar. The main thing I didn't like was the oat type thing I had to have everyday, I can't remember what it was now. I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on. fingers crossed :) x x

hey all,
so since weighing in earlier, I've been thinking about the best way to get to goal asap. I've considered doing diets that I've done in the past and have decided to start atkins, I did dukan before and think they are similar. The main thing I didn't like was the oat type thing I had to have everyday, I can't remember what it was now. I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on. fingers crossed :) x x

I almost jumped with joy - woohoo to LC. No oat things - sausages can be your breakfast friend!

I almost jumped with joy - woohoo to LC. No oat things - sausages can be your breakfast friend!

haha Buffy I was just about to post on your diary to tell you I'm doing atkins too :) you'll have to give me some tips. I've ordered the book today but wont be here for a few days. been reading posts online and think I know the basics. I had bacon, sausage and egg for dinner, it was yummy :) we can be diet buddies x x

so its 1.15am and I'm awake. sil called a while ago asking to stay as she's fallen out with fil gf so cant stay there. I'm waiting for her to get here so I can let her in. already have mil here in spare room so I've just made up a bed on the sofa, hopefully she'll be here soon as I'm so tired. mil came home from hospital earlier today and is almost back to normal now, her partner was working late tonight so we said she might as well stay here so we can look after her. maybe sil will get in with mil lol.

I'm feeling excited about doing atkins, need to print out the list of foods to have over the next 2 weeks. I think I'm going to be fine on this diet as its a lot of the food I really like.

x x

Evening all,

I've really enjoyed day 1 of atkins. only thing I will struggle with on week days is breakfast, with 3 kids to sort ,mornings are always a rush so cooking will be really difficult. buffy any suggestions?

I haven't stopped today, been in and out the car so many times today, I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I went to a positive thinking/meditation group tonight, it was really good and make me think about how I eat. the guy that runs asked me what I do for a living, he then kept referring to counselling and asking what I thought, wasn't really expecting that but was an overall positive experience, they all go to a buffet restaurant afterwards, I came home and made me steak and veg instead.

I managed to drink 2L of water today and still probably 2 hours left before I go to sleep so I'm pleased with that as I often struggle to drink enough.

36 until weigh in
248 until goal weight (hopefully)

Hi Jenny - hope you are well. Sounds like you are a real agony aunt in your family. Remember though to give yourself some 'me time' and not be a soundboard for everyone.
Have a lovely relaxing weekend. I've just bought a book on mindfullness which I'm looking forward to reading.
Well done staying away from the buffet restaurant. I'm yet to come across a buffet which a) was full of healthy options from start to finish and b) I've been good and chosen sensibly. Like you, I'd rather go home.
Great with the water. First thing I do in the morning is go straight to the kitchen, down a pint of water. Get ready for work. By the time I get to work I need to pee. Then I have another pint. I try to sip throughout the day but as soon as I get home, before I've kicked the shoes off, it's another pint of water. Try and get into the routine.
Good luck!
Ben
x

Hi Jenny - hope you are well. Sounds like you are a real agony aunt in your family. Remember though to give yourself some 'me time' and not be a soundboard for everyone.
Have a lovely relaxing weekend. I've just bought a book on mindfullness which I'm looking forward to reading.
Well done staying away from the buffet restaurant. I'm yet to come across a buffet which a) was full of healthy options from start to finish and b) I've been good and chosen sensibly. Like you, I'd rather go home.
Great with the water. First thing I do in the morning is go straight to the kitchen, down a pint of water. Get ready for work. By the time I get to work I need to pee. Then I have another pint. I try to sip throughout the day but as soon as I get home, before I've kicked the shoes off, it's another pint of water. Try and get into the routine.
Good luck!
Ben
x

Hi Ben,

thanks, great plan for water. I woke up half an hour ago and started drinking straight away. I actually felt really thirsty this morning so had over a pint already :)

enjoy reading your mindfulness book, please let me know what you think about it and the title if its any good. I read one a few weeks ago but wasn't very impressed.

yeah I thought going home would be the best thing to do. least I'm totally in control of what I'm eating and didn't have to deal with the temptation.

I'm trying to get as much 'me time' as possible but with work, 3 kids (4 if I include my husband lol), cooking, cleaning etc, me time doesn't happen very often. I always tell my clients about the benefits of self care etc so maybe I need to make more effort to listen to what I'm telling others.

hope you have a lovely weekend x x

Good morning all,

so glad its the weekend, I not working until Tuesday so happy about that.

weekends are so much easier with cooking breakfast, going to make it in a min as not long been up.

my knee is better now so some gentle exercise today involving my legs today. my husband has a multigym, going to use that today also .

changed my mind again about when to weigh myself, its back to Dec 1st lol. as I've started a new diet, I really want to see if there's any changes, fingers crossed. only 5 days to go.

have a good day guys x x

5 days until Dec 1 weigh in
36 until Jan 1st weigh in

Evening all,

I've really enjoyed day 1 of atkins. only thing I will struggle with on week days is breakfast, with 3 kids to sort ,mornings are always a rush so cooking will be really difficult. buffy any suggestions?

I haven't stopped today, been in and out the car so many times today, I'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I went to a positive thinking/meditation group tonight, it was really good and make me think about how I eat. the guy that runs asked me what I do for a living, he then kept referring to counselling and asking what I thought, wasn't really expecting that but was an overall positive experience, they all go to a buffet restaurant afterwards, I came home and made me steak and veg instead.

I managed to drink 2L of water today and still probably 2 hours left before I go to sleep so I'm pleased with that as I often struggle to drink enough.

36 until weigh in

I still find breakfasts most challenging - mainly because I was a toast eater. But some quick things:
  • cook a packet of sausages in one go, and eat them through the week. They can be warmed up when needed, or eaten cold if rushing around. Make sure to get sausages with high meat content ie low carb. I buy Black Farmer, which have 1.5g carb per 2 sausages but I am sure there are other bands.
  • you can make an omelette in the microwave - 2 eggs whisked, add some cheese and ham, and zapp for a minute or so in the microwave (time is trial and error depending on your microwave). Not as nice as in a frying pan, but quick. This suggestion doesn't have veg - so you could pre-cook a batch of spinach and whisk this with the eggs.
  • boiled eggs are pretty quick - you can also pre-cook and eat cold. This is not massively filling so I would probably add a sausage, or some cheese.
  • Muffin in a Minute (MIM) - recipes on official Atkins website, this website (Atkins section), and also if you Google. These really do take a minute, and can be toasted. Flax seed can be bought in most supermarkets - sometimes in the gluten free section. No need to over pay at Holland Barrett or other health food store. N.B can only be eaten after first 2 weeks.
  • Flax seed can also be used to make a Porridge like breakfast - I haven't tried it as I am not a fan of porridge anyway. Recipe on official Atkins page
  • You can microwave bacon and eggs. Not as nice as using a frying pan or grilling (crispy bacon is the best), but microwave will cook everything in 2 or 3 minutes - plus everything can be done at once. Egg in a mug, on a plate with a couple of slices of bacon.

I still find breakfasts most challenging - mainly because I was a toast eater. But some quick things:
  • cook a packet of sausages in one go, and eat them through the week. They can be warmed up when needed, or eaten cold if rushing around. Make sure to get sausages with high meat content ie low carb. I buy Black Farmer, which have 1.5g carb per 2 sausages but I am sure there are other bands.
  • you can make an omelette in the microwave - 2 eggs whisked, add some cheese and ham, and zapp for a minute or so in the microwave (time is trial and error depending on your microwave). Not as nice as in a frying pan, but quick. This suggestion doesn't have veg - so you could pre-cook a batch of spinach and whisk this with the eggs.
  • boiled eggs are pretty quick - you can also pre-cook and eat cold. This is not massively filling so I would probably add a sausage, or some cheese.
  • Muffin in a Minute (MIM) - recipes on official Atkins website, this website (Atkins section), and also if you Google. These really do take a minute, and can be toasted. Flax seed can be bought in most supermarkets - sometimes in the gluten free section. No need to over pay at Holland Barrett or other health food store. N.B can only be eaten after first 2 weeks.
  • Flax seed can also be used to make a Porridge like breakfast - I haven't tried it as I am not a fan of porridge anyway. Recipe on official Atkins page
  • You can microwave bacon and eggs. Not as nice as using a frying pan or grilling (crispy bacon is the best), but microwave will cook everything in 2 or 3 minutes - plus everything can be done at once. Egg in a mug, on a plate with a couple of slices of bacon.

thanks Buffy, ur a star :)

I didn't think about cooking and then heating up or eating cold. I like cold sausage and bacon so that sounds like a good plan. totally with you on the crispy bacon ):

MIM sounds good, I was wondering what that stood for lol.

thanks again x x

day 2 on atkins went really well.

I've had 2.5L of water and stuck below 20g carbs. I'm really enjoying eating this way, it doesn't really feel like a diet. I went shopping earlier and got the kids and hubby some snacks like popcorn and cakes, I wasn't tempted at all :) my 3 year old only wanted a bite of his cake and told me to eat it, usually I'd eat it but told him I wasn't hungry.

didn't get much exercise in today, I always struggle at the weekend but weekdays are usually easier for me to find time. if my leg continues to be ok, I will aim to exercise every weekday and maybe take the kids swimming at the weekend.

I'm eager to see if this diet is working for me, its hard to imagine the lbs falling off this way but I guess its proven that it works. I might have a sneaky weigh in tomorrow just to check its going in the right direction, fingers crossed.

I'm finding that its more important to meal plan being on atkins, the fridge is full of atkins friendly foods and even my husband is on board with me doing it. although his response was 'does that mean you'll be cooking steak for me more often' lol. we had steak tonight and it was so delicious.

When I cook breakfast tomorrow, I'm cooking extra sausages for Monday morning, I'm so pressed for time in the mornings that cooking is so pretty much impossible, so the sausages will come in handy (thanks Buffy for the tip)

I'm off to watch Dexter in bed now. goodnight all x x

Good morning,

had a sneaky weigh in today as I was feeling a little concerned about the amount of food I'm eating. anyway I'm 6lbs down and its only the beginning of day 3 woohoo. was so good to see :) no more sneaky weigh ins now though, sticking to the 1st of every month.

going well with water so far today. I drink around 300ml of water during the night that I never count towards my 2L but I guess its during 24 hours, not just during the day so maybe my water intake isn't as bad as I thought.

slight headache this morning so maybe its ketosis. when I've done vlcds in the past, I'd always get awful headaches the first 3 days until I was in ketosis.

I'm going to clean the whole house today, skirting boards, lights etc so that will be my exercise for the day.

off to cook again, feel like I hardly leave the kitchen on this diet lol x x

3 days until Dec 1 weigh in
34 days until Jan 1st weigh in
246 days until goal weight (hopefully)
18lbs down - 66lbs to go

Last edited:
Hi,

had a lovely day with my family and done some vigorous cleaning. last hour I've felt so sick, couldn't face eating lunch so just had a little bit of ham and cucumber. I eat way more on Atkins than my normal diet so maybe its my body adjusting to all the food I'm now eating. Its mad how I'm eating more but losing weight :) I'm not complaining though. Hope this horrible sick feeling goes soon as don't fancy cooking dinner whilst feeling this way.

I've just been reading about weight loss with atkins, one woman lost 60lbs in 3 months which took her to goal weight, I'd be over the moon to be at my goal weight in 3 months but don't think it will be that quick. I'm so determined to stick to it and feel happy about my body. I remember being 11 stone and feeling so overweight, what I'd give to be back at that weight now. I'll get there though. scale already 6lbs down :) :)

main food I'm missing is fruit, especially bananas, I usually have one every morning. I also like having a drink on Saturday nights, after first couple of weeks I'll have a couple of vodka and diet cokes. think my normal drink of baileys or blue wkd will be a no no.

I'm going to get the ironing done now, ironing for 5 people isn't fun.

x x

Good morning,

I took my eyelashes off yesterday and want them back lol. I've booked an appointment for this afternoon, my eyes look so bare without them, I might have to have them forever.

my husband is trying to gain weight, he left the scales out last night and I couldn't resist jumping on them today before putting them away, I know I said no more weigh ins until 1st of month. anyway I'm 2lbs down since yesterday and 1.5lbs from the 14s. day 4 and 8 lbs down so far, yes it might be water but I don't care because I'm almost in the next stone bracket down woohoo :) I'm so pleased I started Atkins.

I'm not working this morning so the plan is to do some exercise, bit of cleaning and prep dinner for later before picking my son up from nursery.

I'm feeling so positive that I can get to my goal weight eating this way. hubby usually hates me being on diets but is happy with this one so more support there than usual.
I know I'm eating low carb but I don't feel like I'm restricting myself. I'm so glad I didn't do a vlcd.

2 days until Dec 1 weigh in
33 days until Jan 1st weigh in
245 days until goal weight (hopefully)
20lbs down - 64lbs to go

just thinking about Christmas day, whenever I'm dieting, Christmas is a time that I eat whatever I want. Christmas morning we have a fry up and a big xmas dinner and lots of chocolate, cake and alcohol. this year, fry up is on plan, meat and veggies on dinner are on plan, vodka and diet coke covers the alcohol, need to check carb content of stuffing and Yorkshire pudding but can live without them. so only things not on plan is chocolate and cake. I think I might allow myself 1 slice of cake and get some low carb chocolate. I might attempt to make some low carb cake and biscuits. so I think I can do Christmas without binging on carbs and gaining. I really want to be 13st 13lbs by Jan 1st so eating loads of cake and chocolate because its Christmas isn't worth it.

I need to lose 15lbs to get to that goal, just under 5 weeks to go so its maybe doable. fingers crossed x x

Back