losing weight for the final time

Hi Jenny, here to follow and cheer you on :) Enjoyed reading your diary, very interesting. You're so determined to lose that 15lb, sure you'll do it. Glad you're liking Atkins X

Hi Jenny, here to follow and cheer you on :) Enjoyed reading your diary, very interesting. You're so determined to lose that 15lb, sure you'll do it. Glad you're liking Atkins X

Hi Tibbs, welcome and thank you. I'd be so pleased to get to that goal of 15lbs lost, I'd be over the moon :) have a good day x x

Good morning,

I need to face up to the fact that I'm weighing daily again. I think the urge to want to weigh myself will go away soon, I'm going to try and relax about weighting myself, I think its just because the initial weight loss is quick, its nice to see the numbers going down. another 1lb down since yesterday which takes my loss so far to 9lbs and I'm on day 5. the scale was flicking between 15st and 14st'13lbs, it landed on 15 lol. so close to the 14s :) It will be interesting to see if there's a difference with my knee when I'm a few stone lighter, surely less weight to support will be loads better for it. now only 1 stone and a tiny bit of a lb to get me in the 13s. I'd be happy with 2lb a week loss so if I don't quite make it, its ok.

off to work in a min.

x x

32 days until Jan 1st weigh in
244 days until goal weight (hopefully)
21lbs down - 63lbs to go

I'm so pleased you're enjoying Atkins! I found days 3 and 4 worse for cravings - seems you've got through it though.

Christmas is something I've gone back and forth with myself - most things, as you've said can be avoided, are on plan, or there is a low carb option (eg chocolate). I just couldn't imagine Christmas without roast potatoes though! So my plan is to eat as many roast potatoes as I want, but not relax in other ways. This may change on the day - but whatever happens I've made up my mind I am OK with it.

In case it helps - you are likely to remain in Ketosis up to around 40 or 50 g of carbs. Its not technically how you are supposed to do it, but you could give yourself 50g carbs for Xmas day, and you might find this covers most of the things you like. No need to 'save' carbs from other days - it won't make a difference (not like calories), but can be helpful in terms of mentally feeling a bit freer with food, but still controlled.

Hope you have a lovely day at work and well done on today's loss! I've also fallen into daily weighing and needless to say I haven't been impressed yesterday or today! I need to keep reminding myself that it could be down to muscle though from all the swimming xx

Hey, thank you. I do want to get out of the habits of jumping on the scales first thing, be great to see a months weight loss on the scales on Jan 1st if I can resist waiting the whole of December lol. remember you only have a small until your goal weight so try not to be disappointed if weighing daily. yeah you're right about muscle, all that swimming :) have you taken measurements? might be a good way to track progress x x

I'm so pleased you're enjoying Atkins! I found days 3 and 4 worse for cravings - seems you've got through it though.

Christmas is something I've gone back and forth with myself - most things, as you've said can be avoided, are on plan, or there is a low carb option (eg chocolate). I just couldn't imagine Christmas without roast potatoes though! So my plan is to eat as many roast potatoes as I want, but not relax in other ways. This may change on the day - but whatever happens I've made up my mind I am OK with it.

In case it helps - you are likely to remain in Ketosis up to around 40 or 50 g of carbs. Its not technically how you are supposed to do it, but you could give yourself 50g carbs for Xmas day, and you might find this covers most of the things you like. No need to 'save' carbs from other days - it won't make a difference (not like calories), but can be helpful in terms of mentally feeling a bit freer with food, but still controlled.

Hey Buffy,

thanks, I'm really enjoying Atkins, it doesn't feel like I'm on a diet :) luckily I haven't really had cravings, that might be because I was eating pretty well before starting so maybe had less sugar etc in my body to crave. happy about it though.

haha I can live without roast potatoes so will probably leave them off my dinner, I love stuffing and Yorkshire puds though so be nice to have them but I think a nice piece of cake would be more satisfying. I always feel uncomfortably full after Christmas dinner, going to try and avoid that this year. Christmas is only 1 day so sure if you have plenty of roast potatoes you can get straight back on it boxing day and it wont make much/any difference to the scales.

thanks for the tip about staying in ketosis with higher carbs.

x x

evening,

another day done :) I think that I'll probably weigh in tomorrow and Thursday and then do my best to wait until Jan 1st. weight loss will slow down soon and I don't want to feel disappointed every morning that the scale doesn't move so I would love to weigh monthly. I still can't believe I'm 9lbs down after only 4 full days, that's more than I lost on vlcd first week.

going to bed early tonight, going to try and read some more of my Atkins book and watch a bit of Dexter before getting an early night.

goodnight all x x

Good morning,

I have the whole day off today :) I was meant to be working this evening but 2 clients cancelled so I asked the last to change for Friday so it means an evening off woohoo.

I weighed again today and I was 1/4 lb down but not quite in 14s. tomorrow is my last day of weighing before Jan 1st so I've got my fingers crossed that there's a 14 on the scales. so day 6 and 9.5lbs lost, cant complain :)

I'm not hungry at all this morning so will just have a small breakfast. I miss making a quick piece of toast and crunchy nut cornflakes but its worth not having them to get rid of the lbs.

I've been eating a few almonds and pork scratchings the last few days, I love them both so really happy they are ok on Atkins, although pretty sure I wasn't meant to eat them until after the 2 weeks induction.

31 days until Jan 1st weigh in
243 days until goal weight (hopefully)
21lbs down - 63lbs to go

had a rubbish day today. I've had toothache for the last few hours and I've felt sick most of the day, not eaten much and then felt really weak :(

I'd planned an early night but its almost 11.30pm and I'm still up, hubby annoying me.

so I'm off to make a hot water bottle and get some sleep.

hope for a better day tomorrow. x x

Good morning,

its official weigh in day lol, I'm in the 14s woohoo. I'm so excited. day 7 and I have lost 10lbs, I'm so pleased. Its so difficult to know how my body will react to Atkins diet over the next month but if I could lose a stone I'd be so happy, it would mean that I'm at 13st 13lbs and take my weight loss to over 2.5st. When I'm in the 13s, goal doesn't seem so out of reach. Last time I was in the 12s I no longer felt fat, just a little chubby. The desire to weigh everyday has gone now I'm in the 14s, can't wait for Jan 1st weigh in.

toothache has gone :)

Its my friends birthday today so we're going to the pub for lunch, I tried to download their menu but it wouldn't load so I'll have to see what they have when I get there but sure there will be Atkins friendly choices.

I was reading yesterday that I can have sugar free jelly so got about 8 packets, as soon as I make jelly the kids eat it, so I got 5 little tubs, they are 250ml which is a serving size and told the kids the jelly in the tubs is off limit. I then let my daughter take one to school today lol. I didn't feel hungry again this morning so had a little pot of jelly with a spoon of double cream, I still can't believe this is diet friendly but apparently it is :) I usually make jelly with lemonade as it tastes loads better but made it with water, its a little bland but with the cream it was so nice.

Have a good day all

30 days until Jan 1st weigh in
242 days until goal weight (hopefully)
22lbs down - 62lbs to go

Good morning,

its official weigh in day lol, I'm in the 14s woohoo. I'm so excited. day 7 and I have lost 10lbs, I'm so pleased. Its so difficult to know how my body will react to Atkins diet over the next month but if I could lose a stone I'd be so happy, it would mean that I'm at 13st 13lbs and take my weight loss to over 2.5st. When I'm in the 13s, goal doesn't seem so out of reach. Last time I was in the 12s I no longer felt fat, just a little chubby. The desire to weigh everyday has gone now I'm in the 14s, can't wait for Jan 1st weigh in.

toothache has gone :)

Its my friends birthday today so we're going to the pub for lunch, I tried to download their menu but it wouldn't load so I'll have to see what they have when I get there but sure there will be Atkins friendly choices.

I was reading yesterday that I can have sugar free jelly so got about 8 packets, as soon as I make jelly the kids eat it, so I got 5 little tubs, they are 250ml which is a serving size and told the kids the jelly in the tubs is off limit. I then let my daughter take one to school today lol. I didn't feel hungry again this morning so had a little pot of jelly with a spoon of double cream, I still can't believe this is diet friendly but apparently it is :) I usually make jelly with lemonade as it tastes loads better but made it with water, its a little bland but with the cream it was so nice.

Have a good day all

30 days until Jan 1st weigh in
242 days until goal weight (hopefully)
22lbs down - 62lbs to go

Fantastic WI results, well done:) you seem to be enjoying Atkins. I'd definitely switch to that if I ate meat and wasn't dairy intolerant as seeing good results from people I follow. You're going to smash your goal weight :) X

Fantastic WI results, well done:) you seem to be enjoying Atkins. I'd definitely switch to that if I ate meat and wasn't dairy intolerant as seeing good results from people I follow. You're going to smash your goal weight :) X

Thanks Tibbs, I'm so pleased with it :) x x

Just got back from lunch at the pub, I had an all day breakfast but without the stuff I cant eat, ended up with bacon, sausage and eggs. my friend the same, her plate was so full with hash browns, toast, mushrooms etc. had diet coke. they have the best cakes ever, I was really pleased that I resisted, rest of the people I was with had pudding but it wasn't worth it. a few minutes of something tasting nice isn't temptation enough for me to go off plan and maybe not lose as much as I could for Jan 1st weigh in.

almost school run time, I can't wait until I can walk to school and back but with my knee still recovering I don't want to push it too far. I picked my son up at the pub as he was in a running mood, its really aching now :(

x x

Good morning,

just got back from the school run and I feel poorly :( I can't manage breakfast today, just the thought of food is horrible.

good news is I didn't weigh myself today. told hubby last night that I'm not weighing until Jan 1st and he laughed and said that I couldn't last 5 days, we made a bet and I'm so competitive that I will win lol.

still feeling pleased that I'm in the 14s. I can notice being 10lbs lighter, my tummy looks flatter, its crazy how I always lose weight off my tummy first, when I'm around 13 stone I have no fat there at all, takes a little longer for it to go from everywhere else though.

I'm working tonight so hopefully I'll feel better by then.

29 days until Jan 1st weigh in
241 days until goal weight (hopefully)
22lbs down - 62lbs to go

we were talking about Christmas yesterday and my husband thought I'd be having a few days off atkins over Christmas, I explained that I'm not apart from a little piece of cake maybe, he wasn't happy but when I explained how important it was to me, I think he kind of got it. plus if I have Christmas day off I'm more likely to have boxing day off and before I know it will be Jan 1st and I'll be starting again, I don't want that. I read that rum has no carbs and I quite like it so will be drinking rum and diet coke over the festive season :) he then looked online and said he'll make me an atkins friendly cake :) I'll have to watch him though as I can imagine him added extra ingredients lol, he's so sweet sometimes so I could potentially be eating cake that's on plan too. feeling really excited about a healthy Christmas this year.

x x

Just got back from lunch at the pub, I had an all day breakfast but without the stuff I cant eat, ended up with bacon, sausage and eggs. my friend the same, her plate was so full with hash browns, toast, mushrooms etc. had diet coke. they have the best cakes ever, I was really pleased that I resisted, rest of the people I was with had pudding but it wasn't worth it. a few minutes of something tasting nice isn't temptation enough for me to go off plan and maybe not lose as much as I could for Jan 1st weigh in.

almost school run time, I can't wait until I can walk to school and back but with my knee still recovering I don't want to push it too far. I picked my son up at the pub as he was in a running mood, its really aching now :(

x x
Ooo your poor knee, hope it's not too sore. Very impressed with your choices at the pub especially when there was loads of temptation:)

Ooo your poor knee, hope it's not too sore. Very impressed with your choices at the pub especially when there was loads of temptation:)

Thanks Tibbs, I feel so committed to achieving my goal weight, I don't want to let anything get in the way of it.
knee felt better after a few hours, can't wait until its totally healed.

have a great day x x

Good morning all,

I wake my 3 year old up mon-fri at 7.30am, he's grumpy and never wants to get up. get to Saturday and he wakes up at 6.30am ready to pay lol. how does that work.

I'm so glad its the weekend, some relaxation time.

going to cook a fry up for us all in a min.

I didn't weigh in again today, day 2 of not weighting, I will win the bet with hubby. I think I will weigh after a week, only because I've added a few things to my diet like jelly, almonds etc so I want to make sure that I'm still losing, otherwise I'll stop eating them.

have a good weekend all

28 days until Jan 1st weigh in
240 days until goal weight (hopefully)
22lbs down - 62lbs to go

Good morning all,

I wake my 3 year old up mon-fri at 7.30am, he's grumpy and never wants to get up. get to Saturday and he wakes up at 6.30am ready to pay lol. how does that work.

I'm so glad its the weekend, some relaxation time.

going to cook a fry up for us all in a min.

I didn't weigh in again today, day 2 of not weighting, I will win the bet with hubby. I think I will weigh after a week, only because I've added a few things to my diet like jelly, almonds etc so I want to make sure that I'm still losing, otherwise I'll stop eating them.

have a good weekend all

28 days until Jan 1st weigh in
240 days until goal weight (hopefully)
22lbs down - 62lbs to go

1 of my grandchildren is exactly the same, then after 1/2hr is grotty because she's tired but won't go back to bed! She's usually asking to cook or do craft at 6am when she's here:eek:
Enjoy your weekend too X

Back