Losing weight with mental health issues

lcdoncaster

Hi

This has taken me a while but finally acknowledged that my mental health (depression and anxiety) is getting worse and have decided that losing weight and getting healthier might help this.
I am not sure which diet would be best, as I like the idea of doing slimming world, but worry about having too many carbs. It would also be nice to make some slimming friends, as I cannot attend groups and feel quite alone. I have tried calorie counting but end up not writing all the food I have eaten.

Thank you for reading

Hi :)

Hi Icdoncaster, Sorry to see that you suffer with depression .. it's a horrible thing to deal with as I am well aware being a sufferer too.
Being overweight I found definitely had a very bad affect not only on my feelings of inadequacy but also my health. Since losing a fair bit I now am much more able to face things and people with better confidence plus my health is so much better too.
There are lots of people on here that are doing SW so you should find plenty of advice and support.
Don't forget we are all fighting the same battle one way or another so you needn't feel alone as we are all here to help each other.

All the best with your journey to slimdom. :)

Back