Losingit's losing it journey

Had a session with a personal trainer today. Unfortunately he doesn't agree with Atkins, although he said if i managed to lose 4 stone on it (which i have) then i should carry on because something must be working for me ;-). Good job he said that or i wouldn't have gone back, lol. I am exhausted but feel great.

people who are in these jobs dont always know what they are talking about! its all just personal opinion and not usually based on any research on the subject, so thats fine if trainer doesnt want to do atkins, we know it works and we know the science behind it! well done on the fitness tho xx

weigh in day, down 2lbs to 15stone 5 :) 1lb to go to get to my previous weight a few weeks back.

Well done on the loss, personal trainers don't know everything, if you find a way of eating that you enjoy and you loose weight on it, that is all that matters....

Feeling good :) Just got into a size 16 t-shirt, very happy, it's not even tight. I also have a brand new pair of size 16 jeans which i'm dying to get into, but can't quite yet - i can get them up over my bum but can't quite do the button up... just a month ago i couldn't even pull them past my thighs. Weightloss so noticeable now that i'm getting comments from most people, which is cool. I feel like i've gone past a point where i normally give up in most diets.. a point where you start to feel good so stop dieting when really you need to carry on because you are still a long way from goal.

Personal training is going good, feeling strong and fit... i really think that is what is making the most difference to my shape right now, more than the weightloss - just feeling everything firm up and it's great. Trying to imagine what i could look like at my goal weight of 10stone5, it feels obtainable now i "only" have 5 stone to go (instead of 9 stone when i started!).

Well done on the 16s, moving down a size always feel great.

I feel like i've gone past a point where i normally give up in most diets.. a point where you start to feel good so stop dieting when really you need to carry on because you are still a long way from goal.

That's fab losingit, what a good feeling eh? :) And well done on the 16s!

Going away for half term next week with my 4 year old - to Butlins... eek. Determined to stay on plan though, last thing i want is to put on 8lbs again after i only just lost it from the last time!

Had a difficult week with work this week, had a DDOS attack on my website and 100,000 attempts to 'guess' our server passwords. The DDOS took our website down for almost 2 full days, luckily managed to fix it now but it's cost me a lot of money. Trying to catch up on everything generally so i can get some time off next week - not that Butlins is a relaxing break (!) but i'm hoping i won't have to work too much, one of the drawbacks of owning your own business i suppose.

Weigh in day tomorrow! I know i've lost weight this week, might only be 1lb but i'll be happy nevertheless.

Weigh in, 2lbs down :), can't wait until i'm under 15 stone - not long to go now!

was just searching the internet trying to find some visuals for the amount of weight i've lost so far (55lbs) and came across this picture of a fish which is 50lbs - kinda puts things into perspective ;) 50lbs_11.jpg

I think a lot of us will have seen this visual, which is 100lbs of fat (i've lost half of it, yippeee)
100-pounds-of-fat.jpg

Just got back from 5 days at Butlins.... and i survived :). I ate low carb all the time. It was hard to stick to 20g a day though, most days i think i probably ate more like 30 to 40g, but i did it! Will jump on the scales in the morning and see the results.

Put on 2lbs :(

That's not bad at all after making it through a holiday, remember if you ate out you can never be totally sure whether something snuck in - but 2lbs is nothing and will be off in no time. It could have been 3 times that if you hadn't been so in control.

I was really stupid yesterday and ate pizza (about half a big one), and a handful of chips. I think it was because i was annoyed that i'd spent my whole holiday being so so careful about what i ate and still put on weight. Was feeling depressed too, post holiday blues. Why do i have to sabotage myself like this, arghhh, i don't think my body (or mind) wants to go under 15stone, whenever i get near it all goes to pot.

Definitely getting straight back on track today, this won't turn into a whole week binge!

Like ML said 2lbs is nothing and will come straight off. I know how frustrating it is when your good and still gain, but your doing great! :)

Yes get straight back on track. It's funny how the mind works, we decide to treat or comfort ourselves with food when we really know all we're really doing is punishing ourselves.

Get back on track and don't weigh for a week. You'll be ok.

Back