Losingit's losing it journey

On track today, not stepping on the scales until Saturday weigh-in, i'll end up crying into a supersized pizza and chips otherwise lol. Had a nice juicy steak for lunch with spinach and mushroom, and roast chicken thighs and more spinach for dinner. Didn't have breakfast, had a long lie in and got up late, making the most of the clock changes ;). Snacked on ham slices rolled up with philly cheese inside, yummmm.

Hi, glad toy have your focus back, food luck with the next few days.

woaaa, -4lbs this week.... wasn't expecting that! It was that TOTM last week so i think i'm shedding some retained water weight from then maybe, but whatever it is i'm happy. :)

Thanks everyone :)
I have been naughty again last night. I took my 4 year old to a big organised fireworks event. Because parking is so bad we walked from home, about 1.5miles each way. Was freeezing cold. When we got there i bought my daughter some chips, and myself some fried chicken - to warm us up. My daughter only ate about 3 of her chips, which annoyed me 'cos she said she was really hungry, but that's kids i suppose. They cost around £3.50 for a small portion and i have a thing about wasting food, i can't bear it. So i went ahead and ate them, silly me.

At least I got a 3 mile walk in. Plus it was so freezing i must of burnt loads of calories just sitting there, we were outside for a good 3 hours. Stood on the scales this morning and surprisingly i haven't gained so i might of just got away with it, fingers crossed. Fireworks were good, had a nice evening out :).

Chips on a cold night would be pretty hard to resist - and I am exactly the same, hate wasting food!

I'm sure the walk will go some way to mitigating the damage :)

I used to be like that about wasting food but I read something on another board that said when we do that - eat something that not only has no nutritional value to us but is actively bad for us, we're making ourselves the rubbish bin. And it's much better to throw away a few bit of food than throw away our own efforts. I've found it's helped me not to mind if I order a meal and throw away the bread, chips etc.

Chips on a cold night are definitely hard to resist though.

Morning, I totally agree with ML, I used to ve the same, I think it is how we were brought up...I broke the habit when the kids were smaller, I never insisted on them finishing what was in their plates and then I started to apply not clearing the plate to myself.

I've gotten into the habit of cooking my daughter tiny portions for dinner to avoid the dilemma of having leftovers, either that or make sure it can be put in the fridge for another day. Still, she seems to eat non-stop and definitely doesn't have my fat gene, she's as thin as a rake and extremely active - i'm happy for her, i hope it continues and she doesn't have to go through the nightmare i did being "the fat one" that always finished last in PE.

This week could be the week where my weight gets below 15stone, i'm going all out to try and make it! Strangely enough the chips didn't effect me at all the other night, i never did put any weight on from it. I'm already down 1lb from weigh in on saturday, i'm dead on 15stone now, and very excited to be here.

Went swimming this morning, haven't gone swimming for a few years. Managed 16 lengths in about 35 minutes and feel good. Was also nice to have some time to myself as the little one has gone back to school after half term.

Work has been chaotic. A couple of weeks ago we had a DDOS attack on our website and a hacker attempt to crack our servers with over 100,000 password attempts. Things like this have a way of bringing out your weaknesses, and ours was our server. Luckily the server is still OK and it held up but i've been jumping around trying to do something about it to make sure it doesn't happen again. We are moving our site to a new server probably next week. I know better than to try and do it myself so am paying the experts to do it but it's still a nerve-wracking time, we get 2 million+ hits a month on our website and it feels like the end of the world if we have any downtime.

Oh my gosh that sounds like manic stuff at work, well done on coping so calmly with it all!

How did you get on with the swimming?

Swimming was good, i was quite slow compared to how i used to be but that's to be expected i suppose. The only thing i don't like about swimming is that "heavy" feeling you get when you get out the pool - i had it all afternoon yesterday.

Sneaky peak on the scales and it was flashing between 15stone0 and 14stone13.8 ---- soooo excited. The last time i was under 15 stone was when i was 15 at school, i remember being weighed and seeing 15 stone and being mortified.

Had a session with my personal trainer yesterday. Ran 1 mile in 12minutes 45seconds, not amazing i know but it's my record and i worked really hard to get there so am very happy :). Went to the gym today to give it another go but couldn't hardly run at all cos my legs were aching and did a mile in 16 minutes instead, lol.

By the time Saturday comes i think i may have lost another 3lbs, amazing. The only thing i'm doing differently lately is cutting out the cheese, not sure if it's that or if i'm just having a good couple of weeks, but i don't care i'm just happy.

Wearing my size 16 jeans today, a little tight! Went shopping to Asda today and took loads of clothes into the fitting rooms and tried them all on just for the hell of it. I'm even starting to look OK in dresses now. Normally i hate clothes and just wear the same thing - i'm the kind of person who buys plain t-shirts in two different colours, and several pairs of the same size jeans, and only ever wears that day in day out. But i'm changing now i'm getting smaller and am excited to wear different things for the first time ever.

its lovely when new sizes fit such a buzzzzzz

i have limited myself with cheese, i dont know why its just one of those things that you know that although you can have it and lots of it, you know its not really that good for you to have too much. love cheese though!

Back