Losingit's losing it journey

Woohoo well done you 2 miles!!!

I'm abit addicted to fizzy pop it drives me mad !

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used to be addicted to diet coke, but it seems to have been replaced with my addiction to energy drinks instead - not sure which one is worse really! I really don't like drinking plain water.. i drink about 3 cups of fairly weak black coffee a day and make up the rest of my fluids with sugar free orange squash which i try to make as weak as possible (probably around 1g carb total).

Ran another 2 miles today. Exhausted but feel good. Having a rest day tomorrow which i'm looking forward to. Scales are going down again, it's hard to resist the temptation to jump on them every day but i'm getting excited because they were showing 14stone12 today. I didn't think i'd ever see these numbers so i have to keep jumping on the scales just to double check it's really real.

Rediscovered the joy of cheese crisps last night (just small slices of cheese nuked in the microwave for 90 seconds then left to cool til they go crispy, mmmmmmm). And ate a lot, probably around 250g or more of cheese!!! Which is obviously too much. Then jumped on the scales this morning and weight going down again so maybe i got away with it. Added up my calories just for the hell of it, and it still came to below 2000 for the day which i thought was interesting.

Anyway, i had 20g of cheese left this morning which i made crisps out of again for breakfast. I'm glad i don't have any more cheese in the fridge and i won't be buying anymore for a while cos i can't control myself!

Bored today, don't know what to do with myself - all the things i need to be doing are not appealing to me right now.

Morning :) how are you today?

Ohhh these cheese crisp things sound good!! I shall try some of them!

xxx

I clearly did the cheese wrong, was only in 1 minute and it came out a plate full of melted cheese lol xxx

You have to do it for 90 seconds, sometimes longer if your cheese is cut in thick slices. When it first comes out it looks like a mushy mess, wait a few seconds for it to cool slightly, then lift it off the plate onto something cool (another plate maybe). Wait a few minutes and it transforms into crunchy cheese. sometimes it doesn't work and i get mushy cheese, but that is also yummy, lol.

Weigh in today, 14stone12, gained a pound from yesterday but that's OK i ate a lot yesterday and it's still a 2lb loss :)

Really struggling to stick to plan at the moment. Back up to 15stone3 this morning after a couple of bad days (crisps, chocolate, pork pies, savoury rice). Still sticking with the exercise no problems, don't know why i can't get my diet in order too it's not like i'm new at this! I think it's something to do with Christmas approaching, always a difficult time of year for diets and every year i end up having a 4 to 6 week long binge-fest. Something about feeling christmas in the air makes me just want to stuff myself silly. Really can't afford to be doing this now, weeks and weeks away from christmas yet!

Perhaps allow yourself a certain number of days to eat what you like over Xmas, set it in stone and write it down, so any time up until then you're tempted to slip you can tell yourself - I'll eat it on the 24th or whenever? This diet isn't very forgiving of weekly slip ups but it can cope with the odd week off every few months, so that's what I do.

Thanks moonlights - normally the very fact that Atkins is so unforgiving for slipups is enough to keep me motivated and on track as i hate that instant gain. I'm hating this feeling of being out of control.

Well, four days to go now until weigh in so if i stay 100% i might get away with a STS on the scales by Saturday. Onwards and downwards...

losingit said:
Thanks moonlights - normally the very fact that Atkins is so unforgiving for slipups is enough to keep me motivated and on track as i hate that instant gain. I'm hating this feeling of being out of control.

Yes - actually it's one of the things I like about the diet in a weird way (though I have my misery guts moments where I just WANT something off plan and know I have to deprive myself). But when I've done calorie controlled or SW type diets before there is always a feeling of - oh well I ate badly today I'll just starve myself tomorrow to compensate. On Atkins you can't compensate, if you're out of ketosis you have to work to get back in - but for me the compensation days always turned into - oh well I'll do it tomorrow. Then I'd have another bad food day and think, well I still have 5 days left... And gradually I was eating badly more than I ate well. Other aspects of those diets didn't work for me either (always being hungry for a start) but it was definitely the amount I tried to 'get away with' that did for me in the end. I think I'm one of those people who needs strict all or nothing rules.

ahh.. you just reminded me of all the reasons why i'm on atkins in the first place, i can totally relate to your experiences.

100% back on plan as of now.

Morning :) yes the cheese is good either way lol I had it again lastnight I'm too Impatient though I'm eatin it before it crisps lol

I am also struggling and it's becaus of Christmas and all the treats what I'm stockin up on, I keep reminding myself i can have a few treats over Christmas and not to spoil it now. I know Atkins is a change for life but I think I'm always gonna crave chocolate cake and biscuits!!!

Have a lovely day today xxx

Been good for a couple of days now, was tempted by my daughter's marshmallows this afternoon but pleased to say i resisted and ate a yummy salmon steak for dinner. Scales not shifting yet below 15stone, and two days to go til official weigh in, really really don't want a gain :(.

Still keeping up the exercise, ran 2 miles this morning and working my way through week 2 of couch-2-5k. Found a lot of comments online from people who complain about initial weight gain when running, so maybe all this new exercise isn't helping the numbers on the scales right now but i know it's best for me long term and the scales have to shift eventually.

Hey hun! Yes it's true!! When I started the gym I would gain rather than lose it drove me mad! Keep an eye on ur inches.

Have a lovely day xxx

weigh in day and i've put 2 lbs on this week :(

oh poo never mind, it will be off next wi.. i put on 1 but i don't think i have really, just as oh was home all week we went out a lot and my eating was all over the place, back to normal now tho.

Back