loss of appetite - End of week 4

deedee1

The last few days have become a increasingly hard as i have completely lost my appetite.

There's not too much problem getting the shake in for breakfast but the bar at lunch eventually goes down after 2 hours of picking. The soup for dinner is the hardest part. Im starting to leave it till it cools right down so I can drink it fast.

Starting to worry that Im going to be left with a lack of appetite when I finish this diet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

No
never in a million years
:D
bad luck! I think (no it is)
wow, the protein rich thing is really working for you

do you think you may be ill too ?

Trust me - when faced with real food, your appetite comes back alright. Oh yes. I wouldn't worry about that...

Even on this, I tend to find my appetite comes and goes. It often goes once you get into a groove, and then comes back at random moments, or I might have a 'hungry week'. I think that now your system's just not used to being fed, it stops expecting it. I think the lack of variety has something to do with it too (the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this is the case), because it's not like you can get excited over your next meal. That might be part of the design. Although you're due an 'add a meal' week soon, which shall add a whole new dimension to the experience...

Personally, I generally consider it a good thing, because when hungry I can think about nothing else, can get a bit preoccupied and can't concentrate. So I actually like not wanting, for a change.

If you can change your packs about a bit, it may help if you're particularly concerned. But for me, those spells with decreased appetite are considered one of the perks... :)

Last edited:
Ive pushed my meal a day forward a day to see if I can manage food. Got it down ok and but the stomach its not happy. Guess it will take a wee bit to get used to it.

Don't think ive ever lost my appetite before so I was a little bit concerned. I never got this size with no appetite lol.

Thanks for the advice, its greatly appreciated. I will stop worrying about it now.

Just (appetite or no) be sure to eat real food first! :)

(Very good reasons, several threads on here somewhere as to why, have a dig if you're interested.)

I think booze is what got me to this stage in the first place. Its amazing how much you can eat when drunk.

Not 'arf. And at the time you don't care, either.

I've never been this sober for this long for years... ;)

Ha ha
do you know how bad that looks

"ooo I could kill
a pint

Of wine"

I will miss booze more in summer, on
hols or weekends away

The last few days have become a increasingly hard as i have completely lost my appetite.

There's not too much problem getting the shake in for breakfast but the bar at lunch eventually goes down after 2 hours of picking. The soup for dinner is the hardest part. Im starting to leave it till it cools right down so I can drink it fast.

Starting to worry that Im going to be left with a lack of appetite when I finish this diet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ketosis is key to doing a TFR as it greatly reduces the feelings of hunger and makes a vlcd doable... some people experience deep ketosis like you where the appetite goes completely and when I do Total Food Replacement diet I feel the same way and I must have set times to have my shakes for if I skip one, it makes it harder to catch up late in the evening.

I can assure you your appetite will come back... and when you are ready to come off TFR... remember it is very important to refeed properly as eating carbs right away will unleash the hunger monster which is very difficult to pull back from.

Also it is important to remember you must have your three shakes a day plus water to maintain good health.

The first time is the golden time as for some reason it can be very difficult to get back to doing TFR second time around.

Good post. When I was on the diet seriously, I had problems with the bar too - it was just too much. White wine is my downfall, and for some reason I just can't get back on track to lose the last few pounds. I must cut out the booze and JUST DO IT!!

Ha ha
do you know how bad that looks

"ooo I could kill
a pint

Of wine"

I will miss booze more in summer, on
hols or weekends away

Meh! just telling it like it is!

The thing I miss the most is the post-work livener, or the friday evening couple 'o beers...

Friday evenings seem just so wrong now... :)

Oh god, I know - the no booze is really difficult! I haven't gone this long without drinking since I started drinking... that's terrible!! I find that usually I am happy to be anywahere, doing absolutely nothing as long as I have alcohol, but now I'm getting really antsy and bored all the time. My bf is being an absolute saint though and has jacked in drinking while I'm Exante-ing. Makes it a hell of a lot easier!

Oh god, I know - the no booze is really difficult! I haven't gone this long without drinking since I started drinking... that's terrible!! I find that usually I am happy to be anywahere, doing absolutely nothing as long as I have alcohol, but now I'm getting really antsy and bored all the time. My bf is being an absolute saint though and has jacked in drinking while I'm Exante-ing. Makes it a hell of a lot easier!

Oh bless him! what a trooper! However TBH, it'll be good for him, too.

I was out on a works night out last night and drank soda water all night. It was so hard and my god!...... drunk people are a right pain in the gluteus maximus. Will be steering clear of the pubs for the remainder of the diet.

After this is all over I will defo ensure that wine is factored into the weekly calorie intake.

The meal a day is going ok, find it hard to eat all the food as I get full quick. Fingers crossed the weight lose keeps going.

The only way I can keep going is by having to something to look forward to. On my wedding anniversary on April 27th me and hubbie are going out for a small meal and two glasses of wine :) At least there is some alcohol on the horizon!

Back