Losses on SS+

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
Just a question really. I am doing SS+ 4 shakes and 200ml of milk. I have about 6 stone to lose and just wondered what the general consensus of opinion is on losses. I lost 5lb first week, 3lb second week and it looks like I haven't lost anything this week. I don't understand this. I know I lead a very sedentary lifestyle. Don't go out to work so basically do the housework and walk round the shops when that needs doing. Go everywhere by car as we are not in walking distance of town/shops etc. Whats the answer? i don't think I can do SS would upping the exercise help?

I'm doing ss+ and have lost 16 3/4 in four weeks
my last 2 weeks have only been 2lb each but still really please with overall loss.... Lost oodles of inches though yipeeeee

The weight losses are hardly noticable regardless of exercise. Do which one suits you best :)

Biltsy what type of lifestyle do u lead? Are u at home/work? On your feet alot?

I AM A FULLTIME MUM AND FOSTER MUM, SO HOME ALOT, HENCE THE POSTS, AND AT MOMENT STILL DETEST EXCERCISE LOL

I TRY TO WALK MY YOUNGEST TO SCHOOL TOO, BUT THATS BEEN DIFFICULT WITH ALL THE BAD WEATHER...

I DO JUST MANAGE TO DO 10 TO 20 ON MY CROSS TRAINER ABOUT TWICE A WEEK BUT THATS ITS REALLY...:whacky068:

the weight losses are hardly noticable regardless of exercise. Do which one suits you best :)

i love you kd

now i don't feel so bad being a couch potatoe lol:8855:

sorry KD did not understand what u meant by this are u saying that adding exercise would not make any difference to the losses?

Exercise is always good, and certainly really helpful with maintaining. Don't want to discourage you or anything!

But, as far as weightloss goes whilst on SS or SS+, it wont make much difference on the scales.

Exercise is always good, and certainly really helpful with maintaining. Don't want to discourage you or anything!

But, as far as weightloss goes whilst on SS or SS+, it wont make much difference on the scales.
how is that possible then? Surely weight loss is down to the amount of calories u use up. If you have a person who is sedentary and uses for example 1500 cal a day in energy to live and do what they do and then another person who does exercise thereby making their body need 2000 cal to exist then that person would lose more weight surely? Or is ketosis not about the amount of calories? I assumed that cambridge was about the fact that i am taking in 650 cal and therefore my body is using the rest that it needs to exist from my fat reserves. Surely the more I move about the more my body needs to take from those reserves?

Hi Sharon
I'm on the same plan as you and apart from the first one it's taken about 6 weeks for me to lose each stone. A little longer than I would of liked initially but now that I'm nearly there it doesn't actualy feel that long ago since I started. Lots of people seem to have a slower 3rd week as their bodies adjust but it generally evens out the following week. xx

Yeah but atkins puts you into ketosis cos its low low carbs

how is that possible then? Surely weight loss is down to the amount of calories u use up.

Ah, but are you talking about fat loss or weight loss? Fatloss should be down, but most people are more focused on what the scales say.

If you have a person who is sedentary and uses for example 1500 cal a day in energy to live and do what they do and then another person who does exercise thereby making their body need 2000 cal to exist then that person would lose more weight surely?

500 calories in exercise is a lot, especially every day...and don't believe all the exercise machines ;)

You are already on very low calories anyway. Not sure of the science on this point, but if you are taking in 500 calories and burning 500 calories, I wouldn't have thought that would be good.

Even so, assuming metabolic rate hasn't been decreased (which it will have done), 500 a day extra in exercise every day of the week (which isn't good), will mean an extra pound.

Again, that is if metabolic rate hasn't slowed, if you don't retain water through exercise, which many people do.

Wouldn't say that from a weight loss perspective it was that great a deal.

Or is ketosis not about the amount of calories?

Ketosis is about carbs, not calories. Cambridge is a ketogenic diet that happens to be very low calorie too.

Thank you KD that has cleared that up for me. I do tend to get a bit obsessive about stuff and like to know all the ins and outs so thats helped me no end. I am going to try and move myself a little more than I have been but I won't be overdoing it

how is that possible then? Surely weight loss is down to the amount of calories u use up. If you have a person who is sedentary and uses for example 1500 cal a day in energy to live and do what they do and then another person who does exercise thereby making their body need 2000 cal to exist then that person would lose more weight surely? Or is ketosis not about the amount of calories? I assumed that cambridge was about the fact that i am taking in 650 cal and therefore my body is using the rest that it needs to exist from my fat reserves. Surely the more I move about the more my body needs to take from those reserves?

Yes losing weight is about the deficit in calories taken in to the calories used but if you do a lot of physical exercise (ie go to the gym) then you will also tone/build muscle which weighs heavier than the fat lost so you could lose 4lb of fat but gain 2lb of muscle so you'd only lose 2lb, but if you checked your inches lost that would be more telling, also the more muscle you already have the greater the calories you require to live ( I know what I mean honest!) also if you have lead a very sedentary lifestyle for a long time you need to bring exercise in gradually, I've been on SS+ for 5wks and lost 29lb and over 11inches I also go to the gym but did this before I started cambridge so have just lowered the intensity of my workout so as to not overdo it, but to maintain my muscle tone :)

Thank you KD that has cleared that up for me. I do tend to get a bit obsessive about stuff and like to know all the ins and outs so thats helped me no end. I am going to try and move myself a little more than I have been but I won't be overdoing it

Cool :) Exercise is good, just don't put too much of the focus on how much extra you may burn because of it, cos it may not happen like that.

move more, because it's fun to move :)

so you could lose 4lb of fat but gain 2lb of muscle so you'd only lose 2lb, :)

Sorry, but you would not gain 2lbs of muscle whilst on a diet, especially a VLCD. You need to eat a lot to gain muscle, and it's even less likely if you're a lady.

Sorry, but you would not gain 2lbs of muscle whilst on a diet, especially a VLCD. You need to eat a lot to gain muscle, and it's even less likely if you're a lady.

That was an example not an actuality :eek:

I would be inclined to agree with KD on this one your have to exercise awful lot to build muscle. I always remember to comments when following WW or SW that if you were exercising you were gaining muscle which weighs heavier than fat hence slow weight loss. However you would have to be doing a heck of a lot of exercise to gain weight in muscle over a prolonged period of time not just a few days

I would be inclined to agree with KD on this one your have to exercise awful lot to build muscle. I always remember to comments when following WW or SW that if you were exercising you were gaining muscle which weighs heavier than fat hence slow weight loss. However you would have to be doing a heck of a lot of exercise to gain weight in muscle over a prolonged period of time not just a few days

Yes, and plenty more food to make muscle. Most people say that you need to be eating well over maintenance cals to gain muscle. I hear there are other ways, but it means a clever combination of carbing up and down, and taking in much more protein.

Back