Losses on SW so far?? Considering it...

I started on 11 March and have lost 3 stone 10.5lbs, iv'e got 3.5lbs to go to my target and have found it really easy to do because of the kinds of food we can have, i go to a group every Tuesday night. I'm no chef but have picked up so many cooking ideas i feel like one now, this plan fits in with my life as a mum to 2 teenagers, a wife and working full time. You should give it a go as i think you will love it too. Hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

Thanks Looby, i think i am gonna give it a try. I just worry that i will over eat on the free food!

Oh well in that case I still think you'd be fine! I'm not as good on red days, mainly the cost I must admit, but if you are willing to spend the money on meat then red days can be soo delicious!

I get the scwartz (??) shotz things, they do cajun, bbq etc. I get a chicken breast or two, throw the shotz on and cover in foil, cook in the oven for 40 mins and let it cool, cut it up and have chicken to snack on all day. it's easy. Then of course there's fry ups which you can have plenty of on red days - fried eggs, bacon, 1 or 2 slices of eggy bread, quorn sausages, tomatoes, fried mushrooms (urgh i hate them but you may love them hehe) and it's all totally free (except the bread with be a HX). How tasty does that sound every morning?? mmm!

Also meatloaf is a fairly easy one on a red day, and chicken stuffed with cheese wraped in bacon, and steak of course with a HX B serving of potato wedges.... mmmm.... so much to do. You'll love it!

Btw nice av, is it a venture picture by any chance?

Emerald
X

Those meals sound delicious! I will look out for the shots things, never heard of them! I guess it will be costly, but so was cd when i was failing all the time!:rolleyes:

Its not a venture pic, it was taken by a local photographer in Exeter. I am very happy with the result though!

Have a look at the stuff when you come down on Saturday...

It's the easiest plan I've ever followed.. and you know I've done a few in my time!

Sxx

lost my weight in seven month.........i loose 7lb ish a month...find the diet easy to do..........all i do is alter my recipes so that follow the lines of slimming world...........easy

Janie, i really hope it IS that easy, i am a simple soul who needs no complications!:rolleyes:

Hi Becky.

I started SW on 1st October and have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks (you can see the actual losses in my siggy).

I haven't done a green day yet and it's highly unlikely I will do a green day. I just don't like pasta for a start, but I don't burn carbs off very well, so I stick to red days. You don't need to be a great cook. I can cook but often can't be bothered LOL, so I'll have a bacon omelette. very quick and easy to do. My family basically eats what I do, only I add potatotes or chips or whatever they want, and I'll skip those. I sometimes plate up an extra dinner to have the following night. My family can then have something whatever they want and I've got a healthy meal ready to nuke.

I do go to the classes though. I couldn't stay on plan if I didn't. I'd cheat too much without having a 'day of reckoning' each week.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Don't spend too long choosing a plan, just jump right in and commit yourself and get going, otherwise you'll arrive at Christmas still trying to decide and not having lost a pound before then.

Oh, with SW you will be surprised how much free food you can have. You won't be hungry!

I have lost 1.5lbs short of 1.5 stone in 8 weeks. Had a little blip this week but on track for it to come off next week. That was my own fault though and not the diet!

I did CD last year and it made me ill! I know that some people love it, but I think SW is the best eating plan for life, and not just to lose weight.

I go to club. I like the support and encouragement. I am also competitive and like to see if I am going to be Slimmer of the Week.

There is a fair amount of cooking but there are so many recipes on here, you won't be short of ideas and it's basic cooking too, so you don't need much skill!

If you like to eat and hate feeling hungry, you will love SW.

Well done on your losses Space Angel! Think i will go to a club too, my daughters can come, and my 12 year old can join in with the diet. She needs to loose a bit!

Hi there

I have been on this for about a month and have found it very easy... I found this site about 2 and half weeks ago or 3 and they are all so support it... oh doing it alone as I don't live in the uk.

I have lost over a stone so far... but the majority was before I found this great forum.... I like both green and red days but what ever day you have... plan ahead and look forward to what you are having.... it is so easy to follow and to be honest I find that this is the best one that you can feed your whole family on without them noticing that they are any healthy eating plan....

Wishing you lots of luck...

Thanks treats, i dont have much time for cooking (work more or less full time with my own business, there is always some paperwork or studying to do in the eve), but i will give it a try!

CD is the Cambridge diet- there is a forum on Minis dedicated to it.

Have a look at the stuff when you come down on Saturday...

It's the easiest plan I've ever followed.. and you know I've done a few in my time!

Sxx

I will take a look, i just worry about eating too much! Surely the calorie content of the free food counts for something ie too much = weight gain?? xx

Hi Becky.

I started SW on 1st October and have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks (you can see the actual losses in my siggy).

I haven't done a green day yet and it's highly unlikely I will do a green day. I just don't like pasta for a start, but I don't burn carbs off very well, so I stick to red days. You don't need to be a great cook. I can cook but often can't be bothered LOL, so I'll have a bacon omelette. very quick and easy to do. My family basically eats what I do, only I add potatotes or chips or whatever they want, and I'll skip those. I sometimes plate up an extra dinner to have the following night. My family can then have something whatever they want and I've got a healthy meal ready to nuke.

I do go to the classes though. I couldn't stay on plan if I didn't. I'd cheat too much without having a 'day of reckoning' each week.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Don't spend too long choosing a plan, just jump right in and commit yourself and get going, otherwise you'll arrive at Christmas still trying to decide and not having lost a pound before then.

Oh, with SW you will be surprised how much free food you can have. You won't be hungry!

Great post, I will answer you later thanks, gotta dash!

SW is such an easy plan and you don't have to do any special cooking if you don't want to. I didn't cook at all before I started SW but now I make cottage pies, spaghettie bolognaise, pasta dishes, fritatta etc

22lb in about 8 weeks is fabulous! Are you still enjoying it?? Not bored yet? mostly red or green days?

I'm still enjoying it. I do green days, only done 2 red days since I started. Have done SW twice before and lost a max of 2 stone but this time feels different in that I'm totally focussed, not sure where that came from just hope its there till I get to target lol

Hiya

I started SW 31st march this year and have lost 3st 3lbs so far. Have only had three gains, each of 0.5lb each in that time. I can honestly say I have never felt hungry on this plan. I don't do any more cooking than I did before, it's just more intersting food and flavours I am using. I go to class and have only missed 2 since I started, but I am lucky, I have a great group and a brilliant leader :D

Charls x

Hi Becky.

I am far too sensitive to carbs, so i will do mostly red days too. Trouble is, i get constipated with Atkins-type food; can i have a bowl of shreddies in the morning??

SW is such an easy plan and you don't have to do any special cooking if you don't want to. I didn't cook at all before I started SW but now I make cottage pies, spaghettie bolognaise, pasta dishes, fritatta etc

hiya Taz,

Truth is, i can cook, but cant usually be bothered:eek:, or find the time. The kids have school meals, so a quick tea, and i have no man to cook for, except at the weekends. Guess i have gotten lazy in my old age!

I'm still enjoying it. I do green days, only done 2 red days since I started. Have done SW twice before and lost a max of 2 stone but this time feels different in that I'm totally focussed, not sure where that came from just hope its there till I get to target lol

I would be happy with 2 stone atm! Cant seem to get motivated to diet!:rolleyes::eek:

Hope you continue to be focussed, and it rubs off on me! I think Minis will help, it really helped when i ssed originally!

Hiya

I started SW 31st march this year and have lost 3st 3lbs so far. Have only had three gains, each of 0.5lb each in that time. I can honestly say I have never felt hungry on this plan. I don't do any more cooking than I did before, it's just more intersting food and flavours I am using. I go to class and have only missed 2 since I started, but I am lucky, I have a great group and a brilliant leader :D

Charls x

Well done Charls, brill losses there!

Right, thats it! I will start at my local club; next Wednesday at 5pm!

Thanks everyone! You have really helped me make my mind up!:thankyou::grouphugg::clap::clap:

Good decision, I am sure you won't regret it. :happy096:

Good Luck

Charls x

I go to classes and have lost 3 stone 2 lbs in 6 months. I do a mix of red and green days, but probably have a lot more green days as I love beans, vegetable curries, potatoes etc. Today I have a beef stew in the slow cooker for tonight though.

I am far too sensitive to carbs, so i will do mostly red days too. Trouble is, i get constipated with Atkins-type food; can i have a bowl of shreddies in the morning??

You get to choose what's known as a healthy extra B (you'll probably notice posts with HEXB mentioned). This is your fibre intake, so you can have stuff like special k, weetabix etc. I'm not sure about shreddies without actually going to the book to check, but you can definately have cerial as a healthy extra, or you can have whatever brekkie you like as long as you count it as syns.

Back