Lost 10lbs then fell off the wagon!

Hi all,

Had my first weigh in today and lost 9 lbs - was so chuffed! But come tea time i was so tired of having the shakes all week i needed something savory so i had some grilled chicken (very little) and cucumber.. that was the plan - just that but i couldn't help myself - i also had a 1-egg omelette with a slice of bread :break_diet:

I can not believe i was so stupid - wasn't even hungry -just didn't want to have the sweet shake for dinner! I'm now beating myself up! Will i put on all the weight i lost his week? DaveThomas how did you feel after? Did you weigh yourself a couple of days after slipping up? did u put on weight? did it take long to get back into ketosis? sorry for all the questions - i want to know how bad i stufed up :cry:
it takes exactly the same amount of time to get back into keotosis! You have to go through week 1 feelings again. It will affect your loss next week..you maybe luck and still lose but would have lost more... if you dont want shakes try chicken soup! and if you are bored of the shakes on wk 1 ??? how long do you have left on lt?

if you eat your body will be in a state of shock and you will feel like crap,up the water and get some practice in like garry said and never mind walikng over the finish line you can always crawl xx

lmao @ crawl.. i actually woke my child up laughing God help us all xx

I think I have grown from my "slip-up". I would still like to have normal food, but I know now that it made me feel no better, and I only had guilt afterwards. Put it behind you, and move on, but just do your best not to do it again. It will take another 3-4 days to get yourself back in to ketosis. That's 3-4 days you COULD have been losing fat!

We are all learning on here, especially me.

Good for you Dave ! its all about willpower and remember we are also doing this to break the bad habits we had in the first place..so cheating is showing poor self control.. thats a scary thought isnt it for when the diet finishes... say no no no... and drink more water .. be chilled xx

Thanx everyone,

I think i've grown from the slip up as well - woke up this morning and went to the gym - i feel better already - especially knowing that i won't do it again. Also went to the chemist and swapped some shakes for flapjacks - they are quite alright - at least they are not sweet - so i know what to do when i'm tired of the shakes.

I'm now even more determined to carry on - luckily i didn't feel hungry at all in the first week and wasn't even hungry last night - just wanted a change - perhaps just fed up of the shakes - to which i found a solution in the flapjacks. Haven't been feeling hungry today either despite the workout. It's a pity i'll have to wait for ketosis to kick in again - but in the meanwhile i'll just workout, swim and practise some yoga.

I've told myself that if i manage to lose 15kg in 6 weeks i will treat myself to a wii fit - so something to look forward to :)

thanx to everyone for your messages and support - i'm so glad i found this site :)

Dont forget hunni ... you can only have 1 flapjack per day!! And you need to drink extra water as they dont hold any ...good luck getting keotosis back x

I tried the flapjacks again yesterday and actually liked them which was surprising really cos I could'nt stand them. Hoping the taste buds don't crave madras when this is all over lol

thanx nictastic - didn't realise i could have only one a day - had only one today though - and i'll bear that in mind from now on :) x

Your obessed with this dave being someone else arent you MT ??!?!?! POOR BLOKE! Leave him to it!

Well, I had my second weigh in...and I can't believe it, especially after my little set back last week. The pharmacist said it was the biggest loss she had seen in only 7 days;

Week 1 - 10lbs
Week 2 - 15lbs

I am absolutely over the moon! I know I had the weight to lose, but I would never have dreamed I could be down to 17st 1lbs from 18st 12lbs in just 2 weeks! Thanks everyone! And definitely no "Ham sarnie" for me :)

to be honest i did similar on my second week but i still lost a further 4 1/2 lbs!! so did my partner! we had chippy tea too! i dont think thers any chance you will gain all 10lbs fromone chippy tea! and if you dont do it agin will still probably lose chin up and carry on seriously its not worth it!!! ;)

also i got told my lipotrim helpline its Does not take the same time to get back into ketosis (2-4 days) just of one blip, as when your first going into it your loaded with days of carbs! she said it would probably be 1-2 days

Well, I had my second weigh in...and I can't believe it, especially after my little set back last week. The pharmacist said it was the biggest loss she had seen in only 7 days;

Week 1 - 10lbs
Week 2 - 15lbs

I am absolutely over the moon! I know I had the weight to lose, but I would never have dreamed I could be down to 17st 1lbs from 18st 12lbs in just 2 weeks! Thanks everyone! And definitely no "Ham sarnie" for me :)
Well done hun..thats fab.. you should have started a new positive thread for your weight loss!!!!!

Well done Dave, cracking loss, good one mate .

We bought the kids a Wii at the weekend, and I haven't been able to put it down...it dosen't half knacker you out though :)

I'm thinking that must have helped with the loss!

Back