Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Well foodwise I wasn't particularily good last week but did do 2xaqua 2xswim and 1xyoga and 1xwalk so exercise was up. I would say yes it does help me with weight loss but more importantly it is making me feel better and my legs in particular are now quite toned.

I'm still avoiding exercise that puts weight on my ankle. The boing boing is actually kind to the joints because it's low impact and used a lot for physio. I'm doing 1 min heel raises, 1 min jogging and 1 min bouncing. Not exactly olympic standard! As long as I don't fall off it my ankle should be fine. If I feel a twinge I'll stop but I reckon walking puts more strain on it.

Even though I'm addicted to collecting DVD's I find a class I can't get out of works best for me. Sad but true, I know the yoga is doing me good and I enjoy it once I'm there but the thing that gets me out that door and into those stances for an hour and a half on a Mon night is the fact that I've paid ten weeks in advance.

I might try the gym but it's not really my idea of fun and what's with the glass walls!

Are there any classes you could talk your OH into doing too? A quarter of my yoga class are men, I don't know how usual that is. Or maybe a wee bit of salsa or skating or martial arts? Badminton, tennis, ping pong or canoing ? Or make him take you to Center Parcs for the weekend so you can learn to cycle in safety away from cars!

My daughter has got a new exercise bike that she's been using while she watches crap on the telly. It wouldn't work for me but she's loving it.

I might start weighing monthly too after the holiday. I stood on the wii the other day and it told me I'd lost 6lbs. I don't know when I last used it to weigh and didn't look but that -6lb really made me feel much better than seven or eight weeks of 1lbs and sts's.

Wow! 6 different exercise sessions is great going - No wonder you've got thighs of steel! Sounds like you're doing what you need to do and even with less than perfect food - and better than that - it's working.
I would recommend a gap from weighing actually - you know when I said I had a bad week a couple of weeks ago and gone up about 4lb , I since din't check and am now back down to up 2.5lb up from my lowest weigh-in this round, so not so much damage. I think when I focus on the fluctuations - it just makes me feel I never achieve. Whereas I've lost a little bit in the last couple of weeks and that's with not brilliant food either.
I'm going to weigh in again at the end of May and we shall see. I'm going to get rid of my weekly chart too .... a static line of minimal movement is always disappointing!

You must have a nice Wii - my Wii hates me :cry: - it's always telling me off and I always weigh more than my scales ... as for my Mii ... I think it's reached expansion point and I'm beginning to resemble Verruca Salt :eek:!

Once i get back into a routine and feel a bit more up to it [bad period cramps today - usually lasts a couple of days] I'll do some when I get in. I must be similar to your daughter in that I can do that sort of thing whilst watching telly. When I did SW the first time - I had an air walker that I used religiously and it helped mye hugely to lose 2 & a half stone and that was with no other exercise at all.

Oh has asked about badminton but he gets so busy with work and when he gets home he wants to do a bit of gardening then it's dinner time and it doesn't happen. He's planning on cycling to work come the summer. I think he will now as his mum mentioned to him he was putting on a bit of weight and the perils of diabetes/heart disease ... though she did tell him she though I had lost weight - so phew!

So cycling for him and we're both lessening the portions. He's built a bit like a labrador - very solid but can put on muscle easily and I know if he were to cut out some drink and stop chomping on the breacd he'd have a couple of stone off in no time.

Good day today. Roll and crackers at lunch, pears for snack now and chicken caesar salad for later. Yum yum.

Ooh also where did you get your tankini's from? I'm particularly interested if you've got good boob support :banana dancer:

I played a lot of badminton at school and it's a great game. Lots of fun and great for fitness. Maybe it's something for the weekend?

I've now got far too many clothes for my holiday!

Congrats on people noticing the weight loss, it's always nice. Aiming for bmi of under 30 and weighing less often sounds like a doable plan.

Oooooh I love the shape of that first tankini - very 50s starlet! I'm just slightly wary of the neck tie strap being the only support. I had 2 similar last year and had terrible neck pain after from the weight of the boobs. Though of course if said boobs are smaller by this holiday - I may well try these out. I know Bravissimo ones are meant to be fab but I just can't justify paying that much for them.
I will be looking out for a couple of petite length maxi's and maybe some cotton trousers a bit nearer the time. I always do loose dark linen but feel a bit frumpy in them.
"too many clothes" ... pfffft there's noo such thing ... it's not a proper holiday if you don't come back with at least third of your clothing unworn!

How's the Scottish weather by the way? You must be getting the nice weather now. I even went without a cardigan this afternoon - gotta be tropical for me to do that! :D

The tankini tops fasten at the back with a bra strap and the halter neck is just really for show. It's pretty supportive and a fraction of the cost of the bravissimo ones. They look better on than off actually, so I'm really pleased with them.

Paid £200 to take 2x 15kg cases so that's the issue with the excess clothes :(. Whatever happened to cheap flights? There are so many extras these days and don't get me started on the extra 3% to use your card :mad:.

Grumpy 'cause I'm on the way to the dentist and I DON'T WANT TO GO :cry:.

Still need a jacket and wooly socks up here :winter_brr:

Last edited:
Went to Zumba gold this morning. It's miles away so I'll need to work Sundays but I'm glad I went to the gold class because omg was it hard work! Fun though.

Ouch to your poor tooth! Ice-cream will make it better ...:p Is it expensive there? A check up and hygienist costs £70 here so I basically go about once a year before my holiday. I find adding a bit of baking soda to my toothpaste evry couple of days keeps my teeth looking normal. Hope it's less painful soon x

Please tell me you've finally got some warm weather? It's been so hot that I've got heat rash on my back of nect and chest - mostly as been out gardening and going to the garden centre. I'm always perpetually astonished how you can lose an entire day in these places! Food's not been brilliant but I have been a lot more outdoorsy and active so feel better for that.
We also went to IKEA so I now have approximately 420 tealights of various colours smells and burn times!
Good luck with WI tomorrow & have a lovely Bank Hol Monday - must be the first in a couple of years where it aint gonna rain & we're having a barbie!

Oh also I had a look in the big Asda by Ikea and the clothes were all lurid and 80s throwback - not nice. I bought 2 navy cardigans ... I didn't need 1 never mind 2! But one had three-quarter length sleeves and the other was short so I reckon fine for work. I would've bought some nice cotton vest tops if it weren't for the fact the scoop neck is so low that most of my bra would be exposed- why oh why do they always do that?? :sigh:

80's throwbacks eh? I might have some originals kicking around in the attic. Of course they'll be size 10's if I do! Or maybe even 8's!
So agree on the necklines. I've no idea who they think they'll suit. I've got quite a few tops I have to wear a top under for decency's sake. Two tops in summer is only ideal in Scotland. Weather still dreach. Wet n' grey. Winter coat still zipped right up. Defo not bbq weather. I'm working Monday and hoping it's dry Tues cos might have a day out then.
I have completely neglected my garden this year :sigh: loved it when son still lived here as he was at horticultural college at the time and did all the hard work while I pranced about choosing plants. Perfect.

Lost 0.5lb this week which I'm delighted with as it was yet another * week. One week early. Do hope I'm ok for my holiday.

Dentistry cost a fortune everywhere I think. Don't really want to think about it as I constantly spend more than I make. :rolleyes:

Loving the t lights. Daughter has got a fire guard with t lights on it.The same as this
COLLECTABLE VINTAGE DECORATIVE FIRE SCREEN FIRE GUARD WITH CANDLES & GLASSES..** | eBay

It's a girl thing.

Congratulations on turning back the years weightwise! That's gotta feel fabulous! You're bang on that target for holiday missy! Have yourself a little celebration and a treat of summat nice for you :)

Can't believe you're having such crappy weather - we had 22 degrees here :cool:. I spent a good portion of it in a pub drinking cider and then in the garden at home.

We went to a lovely plant nursery which is just someone's nice house really and got a load of bargain plant. I am currently in a peony obsession and now have 3 even though they're just babies but no flowers. I'm absolutely rubbish at gardening so will only get perrenials or "hardy" things that can take benign neglect or cack-handed care! He used to have an "all green no flowers" policy before I came along so I'm now slowly converting him to flowers.
Can you get a local teenager or someone to do the donkey work in the garden? Once you've got it cleared out - you can do the plant choosing thing. Or maybe even try seedlings? I love those massive monster oriental papaver poppies you get. I rescued one for 20p from a plant graveyard and it's now a beast - the flowers about the size of my head!

I'll be getting him to love my tealights next ... I really won't though - you're right it's a total girl thing. I have some lovely turkish lanterns from holiday and even he likes them a little bit. I adore that screen - so cosy and romantic of an evening - no good for me as I am very clumsy and would be setting fire to the carpet with it.

Eating's been ok but I'm more aware of my weight in the height and am noticing how many other big women end up in the linen trousers and tunic top zone and can't believe I'm there too. Not always but that's what my holiday wardrobe will be if I don't cop myself on. Cider and choc ices DO have calories!

Hey you, dissing my wardrobe? Big fan of the tunic top.

It's the weather that's been the real problem with the garden. After all, what is the point of having children if you can't guilt trip them?

Re the indulgences. I'm sure there's a recipe on here for syn free choc ices using quark and oxo cubes :giggle:but you do need to syn the cider :crazy:

Ok I confess, this evening I made a cous cous cake:ashamed0005: I'm trying out new hex free breakfasts. Fruit and yoghurt alone just isn't filling enough for me and I'm fed up using both hexes by 8am. I don't expect it to taste like cake. I'm more thinking solid semolina puddingyish ? Anyway I reckon it's worth a try. As it's part of a meal I don't think I need to syn it but if I did it's quite low as I'm not planning a large portion.

Needing a wee change foodwise but also wanting to shift a few lbs before holiday because the plan is to go completely off plan for about 9 days.:eating: eat lots of :icecream:and:party0051:

Back