Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Oooooh! were you LTM in a previous life? Loving the new name - though making me hungry! Fab to have you back - you've done so brilliantly Tinier Than Most that's for sure :happy096:
Cracking corset there by the way - you'll have a waspish waist in that beauty. we know someone who could make you a tutu to go with that ...don't we bb? :D

Oh a tutu - my kids would be so envious. Not sure about the practicalities of said corset - it says 5-6 inch waist reduction but if I pull my waist in tightly with my hands, I just end up with a belly that looks like an overlarge pudding bowl ... and I don't think my fellow kettlebellers would ever be prepared for the sight of me swinging 12kg in a corset :eek:
weigh in was sts - but had rather a lot of vodka last night, so serves me right really. But I didn't go on any mad eating binge whilst drunk (or if I did, I cannot remember a damn thing about it and unremembered calories simply cannot exist). Back to it today though. I think the tens are going to be tough ...

Got me some zaggora hot flares. Quite suprised - I ordered small but to be honest the xs would probably have fitted! Like OMG XS!! So they have a 2 week challenge - you measure and then wear the pants for an hour a day whilst exercising, walking or doing a bit of housework and they claim that you'll be amazeballs by the results.
I got the flares but have ni idea why they are called that - there are no flarey bits ...
Zaggora Flares
Will let you know how I get on.

1LB off this week. Signed up for the Monday aquacise. Made lemon and tarragon chicken for dinner, not made it before so fingers crossed.:cross:

The chicken was nice, bit too lemony and not enough tarragon but I liked it. My kid's would HATE it though, too bitter for them and containing the dreaded olives, which I love, so it won't be a family favourite.

Went to Aquacise which was a brilliant thing to do on a Monday morning. The water is warmer on a Monday and you can get a swim as well so I did about 16 lengths as well as the class. Not as much as going for a seperate swim but a lot less hassle and free :). Don't really feel like going to yoga tonight but I will. Daytime classes just so much easier to feel the motivation for especially if you are skipping work :rolleyes:

Weather here cold and wet, yuck, yuck, yuck.

Son's girlfriend has asked me to explain Slimming World to her so I'm going down tomorrow to see her. Trouble is she's put on about 3 stone since her Mum died and I don't think she's really made the connection. I don't think she's really ready to lose the weight as she's still using food as a crutch for her sadness but she needs to get a grip and stop gaining as people keep assuming she's pregnant again and it's really getting her down. Plus she's got a bad back and the extra weight really isn't helping. Don't quite know how best to help. Tough love or nicey nicey?

Last edited:
Well done on the 1lb off!:) Lemon is not OH's fave flavour either - though I love it, I think it needs to be part of something richer else it's a bit tart - I've found tarragon a bit medicinal at times too. I recommend a tagine - cook chicken thighs in the oven with some preserved lemons, raisins, almonds etc and it's delicious - have been scoffing it for the last 2 days.

How peculiar that Monday swimming pooo water is warmer than other days - most peculiar :confused: - but keep with it! Very sad about your friend - a vicous cycle, food being the comforter, comments making you feel bad, eat more food to comfort - rinse & repeat.

Only you can tell how she'll best respond - some people can't take the tough love - she's obviously not good with criticism or comments about her weight if it's sending her to food. It might be an idea after the meeting and Body Image to ask her what she thought of the session and if it helped her see how she's been around food. Take your cue from there maybe.

To be honest, yes maybe she isn't ready to change her mental attitude towards food - we both know how easy it is to fall back into old patterns, so you know what even if she's still doing that by SWing and eating too much of free food that might be a start. There's only so much binging you can do on rice or SF jelly & the like.

Ahh scrap that! I've just seen you're not going to class but seeing her. Hmmmm tricky. I don't know ~I confess not sure how successful it might be without a class or some kind or support. She sounds like she needs support. Would you be happy for her to join MiniMins? - there's so many group, emotional eating threads and weigh ins and all sorts - it might just help.

Maybe tomorrow as well as the plan, explain how YOU found SW, what it taught you about food and perhaps throw in the "using food as a crutch" aspect but relating more to your own life and hopefully she'll relate it back to hers. It's a toughie I don't envy you.

I know you obviously care for your friend and want her to see what she's doing and change and feel better about herself, it's not something you can take in all at once and you say yourself you don't think she's ready to change it fully. Perhaps she isn't but getting her on a sustainable way of eating might help and then maybe she'll open up more about the emotional battles.
Best of luck seriously - it probably means a lot that you're helping her with this - you're being a good friend.:flowers:

Quite a successful day so far. Suggested the best thing to do was Slimming World and some bereavement counselling. So she's making SW mac and cheese for dinner and I'm taking her for a half hour assesment next week.

Talked to someone else about social worker and apparently a lot of what he said was wrong. Got someone coming to visit on Thurs via the GP. Considering putting in an official complaint. I was feeling vulnerable at the time but generally I'm not and will sort something out. Other vulnerable people might not be as capable as I generally am and I think he needs to do better, both in his manner and the accuracy of his information.

Yoga was good last night. I would say I enjoy the aquacise more but I'm beginning to appreciate just what a good teacher she is as I'm learning subtle nuiances that I don't remember being taught at my last class. Though I was much younger and fitter at the time and may not have noticed because I didn't have any stiff bits. The hall is freezing though which is a real negative, especially with bare feet.

Need a new passport so got some photos taken. I look a lot older in them than I do in the mirror! In fact I look like my Gran!

The mental health nurse came round this afternoon and he was marvellous. At first Dad refused to co operate but by the end he was singing songs with him. Huge relief. Coming back Tues.

Freaked out by passport photos so I've got my hair cut and dyed. Taking a bit of getting used to but do have to admit that in the new photos I look about 10 years younger, bless you Clairol!

So pleased that you're dad's getting the right support!- such a weight off your mind. I would always say it's worth raising your very valid concerns regarding the social worker. Most organisations want their staff to work to a standard and it's totally unacceptable in a caring profession for vulnerable people that people can be treated like that. I work in a school and always report concerns from parents or pupils - it's what makes management look at what's happening on the floor.

Ah didn't realise that she's your daughter-in-law! Be helpful she's bereavement counselling as well as doing SW. Losing weight is only half the issue and getting help for going through the bereavement process is the other half. Bingeing's often feeling's being pushed down so talking them out might help with the overeating - I hope it's the start for her.

Ooooh what style hair do you have now & colour? I'm a curly girl and scared to cut hair as the last time I did it looked like a topiary/christmas tree!

Waiting in for a visitor and I am making a sour cream bundt cake for a birthday tomorrow - without the bundt tin & the sodding thing is taking 30 minutes than it's meant to ... who knew cooking the extra "hole" would take so long!:p

Gotta go - visitor arrived.

Chin length bob, parting on right with a layered fringe. Colour is medium golden blonde. Everyone seems to like the colour on me but it's more strawberry than I was expecting. I've been blonde before, years ago, and never had a problem with red tones then, but never golden blonde.
So, now that I'm blonde instead of grey I fully expect to have more fun.:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Oh, by nature hair is/was dark blonde/light brown but it's gotten greyer year by year and I've been debating whether to do this or not for a very long time. Passport photos just pushed me over the edge.

Last edited:
Chin length bob, parting on right with a layered fringe. Colour is medium golden blonde. Everyone seems to like the colour on me but it's more strawberry than I was expecting. I've been blonde before, years ago, and never had a problem with red tones then, but never golden blonde.
So, now that I'm blonde instead of grey I fully expect to have more fun.:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Oh, by nature hair is/was dark blonde/light brown but it's gotten greyer year by year and I've been debating whether to do this or not for a very long time. Passport photos just pushed me over the edge.
It must be the weather - I went seriously blond last night. Unfortunately the natural red tones in my hair has left the very top a bit brassy, so going to blue rinse it! Hoping to get that white blond with grey tinge look - my best friend thinks I'm mad as she spends fortunes trying to cover her grey! I've also got a spiky shaved thing on the sides and razor cut quiff on top. I was going to have a hair tattoo but you wouldn't see it with my hair being so light on the sides . Me thinks this could be my mid life crisis ....

Me thinky it might be a mid life crisis too! but you're young enough to fit in a few more mlc's if you enjoy this one. Plus I bet your before and after photos will be awesome.

Down 1.5lb this week. So just made my 4lb per calander month target. Good job it was a 5wi month!
That's great going. I'm on track for 4lb gain month .... damn beer - one night of beer led to a day of toast and sandwiches .... led to 4lb up ... thing is it takes 48 hours to go on but 2/3 weeks to come off. Bah.
Oooooh, not long until you're off to Spain - the year is flying by.

Well done on the 1lb off bb and meeting another target! :happy096:. I have been off kilter for the last couple of weeks - had really hectic weeks and eating has been sporadic and excessive - too many family meals again too.
I think i will hold off weighing until I feel more on track. I know I should know but I know I'll feel bit crap within myself and it'll affect my general mood and the way I behave. Am tired of this though - I will change.

How are your lessons coming along? I'm sure you much have got through quite a few of the good doctor's by now :D

Beer and sarnies eh scratchings? I'm a cheese on toast or peanut butter and jam girl me!

Toast with peanut butter and honey for me please! 2 slices.

I don't think there is any point in weighing yourself if all it will do is make you feel bad. When I first started this 'campaign' I hardly ever weighed myself just tried my best to stick to plan.

Different things work for different people but have you considered weighing once a month? At least you will get a loss every wi which might help psychologically and is a more accurate way of measuring actual losses rather than just water fluctuation.

Haven't looked at Dr Beck for a while but will get back to her eventually.

Did some boing boing. Darn hard work. Want something to do Fri mornings preferably weight bearing, close to home and that I can skip on a regular basis.

My aim at the moment is to weigh under 13st 7lbs when I get back from holiday. That seems realistic.

Still happy with the aquacise and the yoga.

PS. And a nice BIG proper hot chocolate with marshmallows, whippy cream and a flake to go with that toast. Cheers.:angeldevil:

Last edited:
Aye - I do think you're right. Weighing in weekly i do just because I feel I should. Perhaps an overhang of when I was a SW member and had too. I am going to just initially aim for a BMI <30 - I need to do this just for medical reasons so that's a purposeful goal. A slightly longer term purpose for me is better than a loss per wk which I never seem to manage without bouncing for longer than a week.

Well done on getting back into boing-boing - am surprised your foot is up to it - you must have brilliant dense bones! Is there any kind of gym session you could go to on a Fri? Those machines you lift up and down and move with your thighs and legs are good for muscles. Although when I went to one years back all the running machine gym-goers would be facing your crotch as your legs were opening with the leg presses - not good :p

Do you think the exercise has made a bif difference to your losses? I know you've lost weight over a varying timescalre and just wondered how your loss with diet alone compared to diet plus energetic movement? or do you think not much different but obviously benefits from stamina, fitness and overall well-being.

OH is still planning on getting me a bike and teaching me but just thinking in general and maybe doing something of an evening - even if it's one of my many DVDs .... I even have that Natalie Cassidy one :turkey: ! Even worse she's "in training" for another one - the gall of the woman when the first one was completely unsustainable - what's the point? Lose the weight by moderate exercise alone but don't try peddling it again as simple and easy. Bah!

Saying that I love all real-life stories of where someone loses masses of weight - if someone has comparative bag-of-jelly thighs like me and then they end up normal the irrational part of my brain want to jump on in with it ... yes Josie Gibson and Clare Nasir I'm looking at you!

Back