Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

You're right about sizing. Unfortunately, for the last decade, sizes being bigger has seemed like a good thing.

I'm going out to lunch with friends today. I don't know what's on the menu but I really don't feel like soup as I have been eating gallons of the stuff. I do have 15 syns to play with but I like to have them later in the day.

I have found throwing the skin away off a roast chicken really hard. I've managed it the last couple of times on sw but on cc I just ate it and counted. It might be best to find a syn value for it and just not have too much, feeling deprived doesn't work.

It has been taking a lot of food to make me feel full enough. If it's not totm carb cravings have you thought about doing a few red days? They look expensive but worth it for a few days.

I'm going to buy myself an avacado this week because I feel that I need some good fat. I love seeds and nuts etc but haven't had much lately.

You will need to be careful with Paul that you aren't getting the wrong message. ie Pauls says "when you eat at the table you will feel satisfied." You hear " when you don't sit at the table you don't feel satisfied." So all those tv dinners start to feel less satisfying.

By the way, Dr Beck is a woman.

Weight Loss Tips | Diet Solution

How was lunch? It's difficult eating out especially lunchtime - as sarnies eaten out have a horrific syn value! I either cc it and make the rest of the day lower cal in general or try for a baked potato. All soups out are hideous and usually involve parsnip or carrots for some bizarre reason!
Yes to avocado's. I think fat in the diet especially the good stuff can't be a bad thing - you're bound to feel more satisfied ... and yes I was satisfied by my chicken skin! i only ate the very crispy bit on top though - all the flabby stuff that was fat and skin I left.
In fact a £4 chicken has been really good value: 2 chicken dinners, 6 x lunchtime sarnies, 4 portions of chicken, veg & orzo soup - using stock from bones. Soup was utterly delicious - the orzo melted in your mouth and made it really filling yet still light due to the broth. Yumm yum.
Good point about PMc - I tend to doze off during his CDs so he could well be sending me crossed purpose messages. Lady Beck sounds good. I just had a quick look at Amazon - great reviews there. I also rate CBT - have used it many years ago and it really changed my life at one point. You really have to work it but I think you have the right determined mindset for it and think you'll do well. I await your progress with interest.

I went for spag bol and it was delish. Made it my main meal. Lacked superfree and the spag was tossed in olive oil but over all I think it was a good choice. Did no proper exercise today and pedometer only at 2815 but did go swimming last night and have aquacise tomorrow.

I bought the ingredients for the marshmallows. Hope they turn out ok. I might use a mixture of sugar and sucralose as I think all sweetener might be a bit too artificial.

What are you doing on Sunday? I think we are going to the cocoabean factory The Cocoabean Company

I always try for SF with my evening meal and I only eat fruit separately to meals so although I'm getting them in the day they tend to be as a snack or meal in itelf rather than part. Spag bol's not a bad choice - olive oil is not the worst of syns and in fact I think can be used as a HexA?

Good luck with the marshmallows ... though reckon they'll be an awful lot more tastier dipped in the chocolate you'll be getting from the CocoaBean Company :D
Sunday is my OH's birthday so we will be having takeaway of his choice. The Saturday his family will be over so I'll be making chocolate and salted caramel chiffon cake & we'll be having a deeply synful buffet. I might have to pack them up with leftovers as they're not safe in the fridge with me around! I'll try to take a pic of he cake if it works - first time making - but it does look lush!

Oh no you poor thing bb:(! Have you broken it or a sprain ? Either way it's rest and recuperation for as long as it takes. Please don't try and do too much as it may come back worse in the longer-term as it has with me. Hope someone's looking after you & you make a full & speedy recovery xx

Son made me chicken tikka masala, tescos finest, and got me some crutches from the health centre. A and E is in Dumfries, so Dr said to rest it and see how it is in the morning. Would eat lots of choc if I could get to it. Holed up on the bed settee with an assortment of fruit, a telephone and a laptop. At least I'll catch up on some tv.

He's a good boy! Glad you've got all life's essentials around you - bar the chocolate :)
Have your foot raised as much as possible - a chair/footstool and wrap some frozen peas or something to help with swelling.
If it's mishapen looking it's probably a sprain but I would get it checked out even if you can walk on it a little - I did for my first which has healed nicely but not for my 2nd - now weak and still twinging on occasion. Keep it up though - quite literally!

This morning a lot of the swelling has settled down and it's easier to hobble on the crutches but I've had to cancel my plans for the day and will be spending it with my feet up.

Managed to get to the chocolate last night and did some comfort eating :break_diet:as long as it's just one evening. 43.5 syns

Last edited:
Are you going to go to A&E still? Swelling might have gone down but you don't know what damage has been done. But definitely horizontal is the way to stay!

I'm not surprised you did a bit of comfort eating - being in pain is not good. If it takes 43.5 syns to alleviate it - so be it.

I did a stupid mid-week weigh in and .... up 2.5lb since Sat :cry:which is just mad.

I could understand if I'd had a blow-out or been way off-plan or even on plan yet high cal - but really I don't feel I deserve that. I'll give it until Saturday but in all honestly I'm really sick of this up and down - i felt physically fatter just seeing the numbers and it's really knocked my confidence a bit.

If I haven't at least STS from last week, I might just go back to a week or two of low cal off plan. Saying that I never have over 1600 tops during SW so who knows if that will work.. Summat needs to change though.

Anyway apologies for the moan - and really hope you're back on your feet boing boinging all over the place!

Went for x ray and nothing broken. Sprained ligaments, rest then very gentle exercise.

You might be right about a couple of weeks ccing just to give you a boost. Even just for a wee change.

I'm going to struggle with this lack of mobility. Sitting on butt eating, even if it is mainly syn free food, will pile the weight on and the more I think about it the more I want ice cream!

All in all, diet wise, march has been a hard month.

I was just going to ask you about the weather - tv says your neck of the woods is really battling with the snow. You doing ok - what with not being able to get out and about? Just hole up and eat something warming.
We don't have the snow but torrential rain and fierce wind have meant my Raynauds have kicked in - have not been feeling the ice-cream urge like you!

Have got my brother around tonight - celebrating OH's birthday early, family tomorrow so mega-buffet and cake and Sunday is the actual Birthday so even more celebrating!
So next 3 days are going to be bad but yes kicking in with the CC next week and give that 2 weeks or at least until I get to a new lower weight - maybe just get to a 1st loss to feel like I've actually achieved something!
You're right now - March has been a tough old month. Bring on the sunshine and warmth - think we'd all feel a hell of a lot better!

Hope the snow calms down and your foot gets better with a bit of r&r.

Ok I'm back. The snow is really deep here but luckily I've got plenty supplies, including 3 packs of caramel freddos! I have been snowed in before so always well prepared. Internet and phone line has been playing up for days. My foot feels a lot better today, though still using the crutches. It's less frustrating because I now feel like I could walk if I needed to.

Raynauds isn't nice, especially in our climate.

Youngest gsons bday on Sunday, he will be 2. Last year they had a party in the garden!!!! I think the plans for the cocoabean factory will need to be scrapped but I guess we'll still have a cake etc.

Hope you have a good wi this week and your OH enjoys his 21st ;)

Great to hear all's well or at least getting there - just a very brief check-in as in the midst of cake baking before the family descends. Have made chocolate ganache and salted caramel for cake - according to the magazine it has .... 765 cals per slice! :eek: So yes CC starts Monday.:eek:

As expected WI shows me up 1.5lb - which is a gain I'd have envisaged after the w/end & not before but will update my dismal stats a bit later. Not dwelling on it - feeling more in charge with a CC break as I know what to do and it should show a loss - any loss will be fine.

Can well believe you had a garden party last year for gson as it was in the 20's! The OH's mum and dad might not even come as "it's too cold" .... they only live about 2 miles away! Hopefully yours will enjoy his snowy birthday - he's gotta have a birthday snowman! Plus suspect there's lots of birthday fun to be had with your crutches :D

Back