Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Gson tackled one, son tackled two, brave boys!

Those choc caramel cakes are tricky customers, they can sneak up on you when you're not looking. Well done for taking one prisoner but do be careful, it might attack at any moment.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Down 3lbs. Could do with April and May being good weight loss months as I've got lots of summery clothes that are still too small but that next year will, hopefully, be too big. Wishful thinking that summer starts in June. It's still looking like the North Pole here.

Huge congrats - 3lb is amazing!! Agree on needing the warmer months, these cold months are making me hungry and just wanting to stay in the warm.
You did so well to lose that much despite the attack of the Killer Muffins! Have you found yourself doing more SFF in between? I really can't face any cold veg or salad in this weather - maybe that's been the problem.

Had birthday takeaway last night quite late last night which looking at leftovers today - look a bit congealed and obviously greasy. Salmon for dinner tonight - and beans - looking forward to the greenery!

It works out at 1.5lb loss in the last fortnight which is fine. In March I lost 5.5lb in total. I went over my syns on 6 days but only Birthday was ridiculous. I eat a lot of sf as I find having 1/3 sf and mainly sf snacks, fresh fruit salad or soup need to be available at all times, really gives me control over my appetite most of the time but it's bread/cake that tempts me. It's not like choc or crisps that you can eat within your syns. A decent slice of really nice cake is about 30 syns if not more.

I do think one of the biggest problems is that it's hard to 'see' small fat losses and it's small fat losses you want. You can easily have lost 1/2lb of fat on a week the scale is up 2lbs or have the scale go down 2lbs when you've actually only lost 1/2lb of fat.

When I look in the mirror I do see a difference but not 59lb difference. Still wearing mostly the same clothes but instead of being far too tight they are now far too baggy.

Bought a pair of size 16 jeans off ebay, hmmm will fit me when I'm a size 12 perhaps!!!!

How many cals are you having on your cc adventure? Fish is a good start, very satisfying.

Planning an early night tonight. Someone has lent me 50 shades of grey so I'm taking it to bed to see what all the fuss was about.

Do you have comparison photo's? I'm sure you'd see the difference in a like for like comparison in the same clothes. Even my measley 7-9lb loss, I know belly protrudes less, I have onel less chin [!] and thighs that are a few millimetres thinner. The fact that once the baggy clothes you were in were well filled, shows how much you must have "deflated" by.

I have had an awfulweek foodwise - and my CC adventure is merely counting the excess calories!
Saturday was birthday cake and whole family buffet - mostly beige buffet items.
Sunday was actual birthday so more treats, then a takeawya which took nearly 2 hrs to arrive so ate way too late - woke up swollen.
Monday went to visit OH's parents and had dinner there - pasta + chicken and potatoes .... yes two main meals in one!
Yesterday my old workplace meet-up - dinner and drinks.
Today works leaving buffet.
Tomorrow, pregnant collegaue leaving/Easter break drinks and dinner.
Good Friday hopefully normal.
Saturday - going to Ideal Home Show and then meeting up with my brother and partner and London - so more eating out.
Easter Sunday - Going to OH's parents - big old lunch were we all bring something ... have to make yet more cake!

So yes I've really got nowhere and would totally understand a massive gain this week as seeing I go up for no good reason I'm sure I will show a cleaar gain as foodwise I've been so bad. My social life goes back to zero after the Bank Hol so CC with a vengeance!

How's your foot coming on? Am presuming it's unsafe for you to get to walk out much in the snow?

I did download a preview of 50 Shades on my Kindle and I thought it was ever so badly written so am one of the few who haven't read it - I don't like chick lit in general and although am fine about erotic stories - bad writing really puts me off - nowt steamy about that!

50 WAS DROSS.

Think I might get an up this week too. Trying my best to be ok about it as I've been so inactive, 137 steps one day! I'm off the crutches now but still can't drive or boing boing:( Been on plan most of the time but I certainly haven't eaten less than usual and I've used a lot less calories.

Next week, fresh start.

I've been reading Dr Beck and the first step is to make a list of all the advantages to losing weight and read it twice a day. 2nd step is to choose 2 sensible diets. Done.

I thought you'd think it was rubbish :p. My kindle has saved me from many a crap read as a few page snippet usually shows you if the writing styles what you like.
How's your good Friday going? I thought it was Saturday and had a weigh in! Not good but perhaps my some miracle tomorrow's actual one will show a drop!

Don't beat yourself up about lack of steps - with limited mobility you really can't compare yourself to normal parameters. Just do what you can, get better and get back into it. Unless you're bounding on one of those yoga balls - any other boing boing is out fpr a bit!

I'm needing to get back into the mindset as scarily I realised this morning that at yesterday's meal I neither thought about the calorie content or SW factor of the meal. Whereas it's usually the thing I'm always thinking in advance when on plan - I genuinely forgot. Bit of a slippery slope but also in a way slightly freeing from the mental battle you always face before putting something in your mouth.

Ended up with Nando's chicken, coleslaw, minty pease and 2 slice garlic bread. Also a warm brownie later. Not brilliant but I wasn't expecting it to be but I didn't eat chips as didn't fancy them and neither did I have the massive scoop of dairy ice-cream that others had so maybe subconsciously am still being selective?

I'll join you in next week's fresh start. I have got the new SW mag but won't be reading it until all my trips out and family do's are out the way. Also as am off work going to pack some more movement and cook up tasty healthy meals - a couple weeks on schedule is really what I need.

Ideal Howme Show tomorrow so am going to track my steps - being on your feet for 8 hours has got to burn a few cals eh!

Have a lovely rest of your Good Friday - we've had a few glimmers of sunshine despite the cold so feeling ever so slightly spring-like :)

The second diet is basically a plan B. So I'm saying sw and ww with cc as a 3rd option. Basically if it's not working for you, you have a fall back plan immediately.

That 'not noticing' is my biggest danger sign. I keep a food diary and when that stops it always signals the begining of the end. I don't find sw has as many mental battles as cc but that's the satiety factor.

I've accepted:rant2:that I probably have gained a little but it would be easier if I'd gotten a nice meal or box of chocs out of it! The most positive thing I can take from it is how important exercise, both official and unofficial, is in controlling weight.

Ideal home show sounds like good fun. I look forward to hearing about it.

Day 3 of Dr Beck, always eat sitting down. Day 4 give yourself credit every time you do something to aid your journey, everytime you do something right. Day 4 sounds like a good one to adopt.

I'm now reading' The unlikely pilgramage of Harold Fry 'which is better but next on the list is 'Cloud Atlas' and that I really fancy.

We're having mange tout with our egg and chips tonight because we're really posh :8855:then a midnight feast of crackerbread, low low cheese, salad, smoked salmon and prawns.

Enjoy your weekend and don't buy buy too many gadgets:wow:at the show.

Is it a 7 day plan - all the days so far make really good sense. I've realised I'm ignoring satiety and going with impulse, makes me feel a bit hectic about the whole thing. I did make a nice dinner of chorizo and lentil soup but in beween handful of choccy buttons a muller rice pud and bit and bites and picks at things. I think I need to try a more structure 3 meal, fruit or tea inbetween thing.

I did do the S diet once which is:
no snacking
no sweets except at the weekend
no seconds.

Which was great ... for a little while. The idea being you eat each of your meals and savour what's on your plate. Going back for seconds is usually less about being hungry and just that you fancy more of the same due to taste. So although you start off perhaps eating large plates of food, you gradually decrease to a "normal" amount.
Sweets are not something to be enjoyed everyday, you don't have to deny yourself cake, chocolate etc - you could eat them all weekend long but the theory is that if you know you CAN have them, you feel ok delaying it.
I guess it's a liittle like the 5:2 or I.F diet in that denial and restriction is doable as it's for 2 days only. I don't know why I went off it, it did work for a while but I think weight loss is verrry slow and perhaps something I'd look at more to help in maintenance. I'm not feeling it's right for me right now.

I've got The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry on my Kindle too! Harold sounds like a good idea for a bit of a change!I've been reading a lot of historical mysteries/thrillers ie The Hangman's Daughter and Company of Liars which I really enjoyed.

I tend to buy foodie items - got some brilliant smokey hot relish last year that was delish. It's good fun to see the show houses they built - all the demo's - bit like bid tv and qvc etc in person and all the things you can try out on yourslef. They have different sections, eg beauty, fashion , home, garden, the theatres with people of the tv eg Gardening theatre with Monty Don etc so it really is huge and varied. Am dying for a sit down by the end of it ... which we end up doing on the show funiture!

Do you dip your mange tout in your egg? :eek:! You really take your third SF food per meal seriously don't you? :p !

It's an 42 day plan! Day 5 Eat slowly and Mindfully.

I think satiety is very important to me. If I'm on 1200 cals and 'buy' 2 slices of cake with my allowance then it's certain I'll cheat before the 24hrs is over.

White fish, steak, potatoes and wholemeal pasta are satiety champions.

I think the secret of the 5:2 is 'normal' eating on the 5 ie maintainence. I think it could work quite well with sw. 5sw days 2 low cal days. Whatever you decide to do take satiety into consideration when planning and you'll find it easier to resist extras.

Todays diet is very well balanced. It consists of cabbage and quinoa soup, looks like liquidized tadpoles but tastes quite good, and thornton's chocolates:devilangel:

Well done you - that's great considering all the challenges you'd had this week :) - I'm underwear only on weigh-ins so that sounds fair to me!

I missed WI this wk and don't want to do one now I'm 2 days over. Ideal Home Show was a fun day out - knackering though - did 12600 steps just wandering around and legs like lead for the rest of the day. Enjoyed it though and came back with a couple of scarves, organic balm, leather polish, garden pots, decorative bird and a headache!

Yesterday was terrible food-wise - had indigestion all night. Family lunch was mega cheesy lasagne followed by lamb and roast potatoes and salad .... see I wasn't kidding about the main meals in one! Also my caramel mocha cake I made and some italian cake.
Today we have a friend over - been eating pandoro cake and kit-kats - terrible. Am making another cake for a bithday tomorrow but am going to do 5:2/IF diet which will fit in great especially during these 2 weeks off. Some good science about the frequency of eating and hormone regulation esp. insulin that comes with leaving a gap in time between eating.
There's 3 actual choices of IF so you can very basically:

eat normally but in an 8 hr window only each day - so would be good for me in a week day, as could eat my lunch and then dinner.

or 1 day of normal eating, one of 500-600 cals and repeat

or 5 days of normal eating and then 2 days straight of 500-600 cals.

So that's quite flexible. I think I'll kick off with the standard 5:2. Still let's me have a nice dinner and I think apeetitie will reduce down once you get used to it.

So is today day 6 of your 42 day plan - what's the change for the day?

Day 6 find a weight loss coach ie someone to keep you on the straight and narrow, give you some support, praise and tough love. Groups count. Things like minimins count.

I think different diets suit at different times in your life. SW would not have fitted me when I was younger and my schedule was different. I didn't have time to cook as much, had to eat out a lot more with different people, and had to contend with two teenagers and their mates constantly grazing on chocolates and crisps. I still don't consume the same amount of calories every day and if you're out working Fri, Sat and Sun are different from the rest of the week.

Have you noticed if there is a particular day of the week you go awol? For some unknown reason mine's a Wednesday. Mondays are easy because I'm out swimming until about 10pm. Tonight is my first proper exercise since hurting my foot. It's still a bit stiff and sore but I think swimming will be good for it. Torn ligaments must be agony as these sprained ones have been disabling enough.

Well done on the steps front. I think my STS just goes to show how important just a bit of activity is as I was 100% on plan all week. Sounds like you were quite controlled with the buying.

Casseroled steak with potatoes,med iteranian veg and asparagus for dinner. Yum I hope.

I think you're right, different diets suit at different times of life. I think SW suited me more when I was single and when I was in a relationship where we ate differently and I didn't really eat from a broad spectrum of food. ally pretty regimented in my SW diet and ate a lot of plain foods or packet rices and pasta in sauces. Now I know SW doesn't have to be like that but I feel I'm going backwards nutritionally frylighting and using sweetener and no oil. All the genuine Indian foods and Mediterranean foods I enjoy cooking are not fitting in well. I'm a lot more social now and enjoy eating with my partner and his family get togethers are quite frequent and food orientated. Again though obviously overeating has got me to where I am so just eating good food but too much is a problem too.

I think where it's all gone to pot is when I started yo-yoing back in Feb and not genuinely losing although I was sticking to plan well and adding in exercise - I felt cheated. Apart from the first 3 wks the scales have gone up and down, and it's only recently where I've been more off plan that I've felt that I've gone up "justly". I just wanted to do a plan and see steady results. That hasn't happened and yes I've got disheartened and SW in honesty has gone quite out the window.
So like you say I need a Plan B. So my Plan B is now to do IF. Then to see if I can SW for part of it - maybe just the Fast days as SW meals with third SF will fit into a lower cal criteria more easily. Then once I lose weight and feel happier, I can see which I prefer. I'm not discounting SW, I need to get some proper weight loss in before committing to it fully.

Do you think your Wednesday dip is because it's a day that hasn't a specified activity? or maybe it feels like a mid-week treat is needed and Monday weigh-in is far away enough to fit it in comfortably? However, for you it's at least working well and your STS and very minimal gains have been only diue to circumstances for the most part you adhering to the plans has given you great weight loss.

Well done for getting back into swimming :clap: Did you find the buoyancy in the water helped? - probably better than walking as less stressful on your joints ... plus you can kind of boingboing in the water! My steps today were not so good - 1800 - v.low.

So tomorrow is day 1. I am going to go for the 8hr window of eating as I will do so proper on a work day, but may see if I can make it to dinner where I will have a nice chicken and spinach curry. I need a boost - i feel fatter already and might even make myself get on the scales - I feel like I'm back up to 12st something :sigh: - even if I am I need to know where I'm starting from. It aint gonna be pretty though!

I hope IF suits you. It's definately worth a shot.

If it doesn't then plain old cc does work, the counting is a pain, and you do get hungry at times, and there aren't any nutritional safeguards, but if you take in 500 less calories per day than you use you do lose 1lb per week. All the plans are just different ways of doing the same thing.

Wed is aquacise and Tesco's. Aha!!!!! and there you go I've just found the answer!!!!! New supplies!!!!! :doh:

Food shop feast day! Yes you're probably right - too much exciting new tastes in the blue and white shopping bags!
Do you feel you need to combat it? Or now you have awareness knowing the reason why - just keep it controlled as it's not been hurting losses has it? Can be a slippery slope though eh?

I DID stand on the scales this morning and .... it's terrible:cry: So easy to pack the pounds back on in no time at all. But but but am on the IF diet now - been virtuous with my green tea. Fact it's a bit sunny and I'm not freezing cold has probably helped. I think a good mental attitude makes a massive difference to staying on track - I know I fell down with that last time and that's what I need to work on. So lots to drink today - I don't think I've been drinking enough and nice dinner tonight.
Am going to make cake now while I'm feeling in the zone!

It's just nice to have an explanation. I don't think I need to worry about it, I was more puzzled than bothered. Sometimes it's so easy to overlook the blooming obvious.

Day 7 Arrange your environment. For me this means smaller plates and spoons, keeping treats in opaque boxes on high shelves so I have to go to the bother of getting the step stool out to reach those crisps. Having healthy snacks available and easy to get to. No sweets in the living room. Carrying an emergency banana at all times.

The mind is the boss. No question about it.

Back