Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Thanks... so much to take in, but feels less of a disaster and more of a learning curve.

Reasons... I think not emotional as such, but a stubborn wish to have something else sweet after last night's sweet treats. It is stressful here at the moment thought, as I work from home & the place is kind of upside down with builders. But... today quiet and just family here, so I have no excuse. Not looking for one either, and determined that whatever the reason for a binge, I learn to halt it and, in the end, avert it.

xxx

Thanks... so much to take in, but feels less of a disaster and more of a learning curve.

Reasons... I think not emotional as such, but a stubborn wish to have something else sweet after last night's sweet treats. It is stressful here at the moment thought, as I work from home & the place is kind of upside down with builders. But... today quiet and just family here, so I have no excuse. Not looking for one either, and determined that whatever the reason for a binge, I learn to halt it and, in the end, avert it.

xxx

I know not everyone will agree with me but sometimes there isn't really a reason, it's just because... just because we can, just because we want to, just because the inner child wants to throw it's toys out the pram. Sometimes it's not the reason that's important but our reaction to it that matters.

That isn't to say that there aren't sometimes underlying issues that need to be dealt with just that there doesn't always have to be.

xxx

That was it for me Porgeous, this time anyway. I am/have been an emotional eater, but this time it was about wanting a sugar hit, 'just because'. Because the biccies were in the cupboard and I didn't want to let go of the sugar high from night before. Toys & pram scenario, definitely.

Feel wobbly today as well, next time there is a barbie with cakes afterwards, remind me not to bother!

xxx

hun, its a worth while experience if you can learn from it! and i dont think it means never have a cake again, it just means you will no how to handle it better in future!
Your doing super hun! Dont be so hard on yourself as that will make you more prone to continue the toy throwing!
Your fabulous!!!!!! :D

xx

Hey Katy,
Just wanted to say hi and hope your having a good day..
The other girls have given some fab advice I cant really beat it..
But just wanted to say have a good day hon xxx

Hi there Katycakes

Just wanted to say there is nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence, the key is to swapping what you indulge in.

Instead of having a a glass of baileys switch to vodka/gin and diet mixer. If you need a sweet treat go for a milky way instead of high cal biscuits. If you go for a meal in a restaurant you could have a starter as your main so you have a smaller portion.

There is loads of things you can do to still live your life but continue on the road to your ideal weight.

I know this as I have recently had a break from CD, lived my life, went for meals etc but still managed to maintain the weight I had already lost.

Hope this helps!!!

xxx

Last edited:
Wobble official. Not sure what is happening, feel OK now but real self-destruct earlier on. Will spare you the details, but now definitely balancing on edge of cliff again. Thanks for being there all, will go on posting and go on trying, house has now been cleared of all temptations as I am Not To Be Trusted today. Sigh.

xxx

Just a quick look to see how you are doing today Katy.
There are some wonderful replies on here which are very helpful to me. Thank goodness for minimins, I'm learning and understanding so much.

Big hug,
Bess x

I am Not To Be Trusted today. Sigh.

xxx

but only today hun!
You have identified it, acted on it and you WILL get through the day hun!
i have great faith in you sweetie!!!
Huge hugs xxx

Hey Katy,
just to add my thoughts to everyone elses.... I hardly see 10 biscuits as a binge, just a waste of calories really.... if I had of eaten 10 biscuits I would just be extra careful with what I ate. I am trying not to think of food as good or bad, if I enjoy even if it is full of calories it is good to me. This doesn't mean that I can eat high calorie good all of the time. Here is an example of my Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I had breakfast as normal, 1 very thick slice of home made bread with low sugar jam and a banana. We decided to go to the Carvery for lunch but I had decided that we would only have carvery and no dessert... but... ate all my carvery (had roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, cauliflower cheese and runner beans smothered in butter) and was full.... but the dessert is so so yummy and I really wanted one, fudge sensation which is whipped cream, chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, choc flakes and wafers, but I just couldn't resist it even though I WAS FULL.... but it did keep me full for the rest of the day and it was only for about an hour before bed that I actually felt hungry and I decided that I had really enjoyed lunch and it would be better not to eat my last meal especially as I hadn't been hungry all evening.... you know what, I got up next morning, weighed myself (serial weigher here) and I had actually lost 0.4lb.... how on earth??? Anyway, Sunday is always a bad day as I have lots of people for dinner, son and girlfriend and anyone elses friends who come to church with them.... we had Gnocchi, Ariabatta sauce, pepperami and bacon, plus french stick to mop up the juices, and then rhubarb crumble and apple crumble for dessert with cream and custard. Not only did I have seconds of the main course (I have mentioned before that I tend to take a small first helping so when I have seconds it isn't as bad as it sounds) but I also had second helpings of the bread and second helpings of dessert too.... Yesterday evening I was full until around 7, but knew it was better not to have a full blown supper. I was also worried that if I chose to have the supper I would probably totally blow the day. Instead I opted for 2 chocolate snack a jacks and a cup of tea which actually helped to fill the gap... today I got on the scales and have stayed the same, so really pleased. I dont see those days as bad days, just days when I chose the higher calorie options, I also try to adjust my eating to account for this... So in your position I would have eaten the biscuits and then adjusted my next meal to account for it by eating something healthier... well done on getting straight back on plan, hope you are having a good day today.

Hey Katy,
just to add my thoughts to everyone elses.... I hardly see 10 biscuits as a binge, just a waste of calories really.... if I had of eaten 10 biscuits I would just be extra careful with what I ate. I am trying not to think of food as good or bad, if I enjoy even if it is full of calories it is good to me. This doesn't mean that I can eat high calorie good all of the time. Here is an example of my Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I had breakfast as normal, 1 very thick slice of home made bread with low sugar jam and a banana. We decided to go to the Carvery for lunch but I had decided that we would only have carvery and no dessert... but... ate all my carvery (had roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, cauliflower cheese and runner beans smothered in butter) and was full.... but the dessert is so so yummy and I really wanted one, fudge sensation which is whipped cream, chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownie, choc flakes and wafers, but I just couldn't resist it even though I WAS FULL.... but it did keep me full for the rest of the day and it was only for about an hour before bed that I actually felt hungry and I decided that I had really enjoyed lunch and it would be better not to eat my last meal especially as I hadn't been hungry all evening.... you know what, I got up next morning, weighed myself (serial weigher here) and I had actually lost 0.4lb.... how on earth??? Anyway, Sunday is always a bad day as I have lots of people for dinner, son and girlfriend and anyone elses friends who come to church with them.... we had Gnocchi, Ariabatta sauce, pepperami and bacon, plus french stick to mop up the juices, and then rhubarb crumble and apple crumble for dessert with cream and custard. Not only did I have seconds of the main course (I have mentioned before that I tend to take a small first helping so when I have seconds it isn't as bad as it sounds) but I also had second helpings of the bread and second helpings of dessert too.... Yesterday evening I was full until around 7, but knew it was better not to have a full blown supper. I was also worried that if I chose to have the supper I would probably totally blow the day. Instead I opted for 2 chocolate snack a jacks and a cup of tea which actually helped to fill the gap... today I got on the scales and have stayed the same, so really pleased. I dont see those days as bad days, just days when I chose the higher calorie options, I also try to adjust my eating to account for this... So in your position I would have eaten the biscuits and then adjusted my next meal to account for it by eating something healthier... well done on getting straight back on plan, hope you are having a good day today.

that is amazing hun! My DH worries i will never be able to do this without worrying about the calories etc but this really reassures me! THANK YOU!!!!! :D:D:D

xx

My DH used to think that we would never be able to eat out again, but of course you can occasionally, just not every night. Unfortunately my little boy keeps asking for a takeaway kebab, I have drawn the line at that and tell him we cannot afford it... I think the Carvery is much better as a treat...

Bad, bad day... bad, bad Katycakes. Drawing a line right here, and wondering when I will ever learn.

xxx

You have hun! About 11 minutes ago when you wrote that post!
You can do it!!!!!!!! xxx

Bad, bad day... bad, bad Katycakes. Drawing a line right here, and wondering when I will ever learn.

xxx

Hey Katy, just catching up and see that you're having a bad day. Just wanted to send hugs.

I think you're learning as you're going along! Be interesting world if we all learnt things first time round, but I don't think many people do :eek: xxx

Oh hun please try not to see days as good and bad, they are just days, days when we eat more than we planned, days when we eat less than we thought we might but just days. I worry that you are so hard on yourself, we are all learning, we never stop but just because it doesn't always go to plan doesn't make us bad it just makes us human, wonderfully, imperfectly human

xx

Thanks Lizz, Liz & Porgeous. I am a bit emotional and useless tonight, so early night I think. But I am listening, and I am trying my best to learn. I will be back tomorrow & feeling stronger I hope.

xxx

Have your early night and give yourself a cuddle in bed for being a lovely, funny lady who inspires a hell of a lot of people on here. We think you're great, so there!! Sleep tight xxx

Have your early night and give yourself a cuddle in bed for being a lovely, funny lady who inspires a hell of a lot of people on here. We think you're great, so there!! Sleep tight xxx

I'll seccond that. You're always so supportive, so just spend some time supporting yourself for now :)

Back