Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Does too. :)

Am with you on that!

Ah Katy, there's no place like home, eh!
Good for you for clawing your way back from the edge. Bess summed it up perfectly that today is a normal days eating so go with it and don't let yourself turn it into something more sinister.
A house with 2 acres? I wish x

How sad about the house! I can't stand to see lovely houses that have been neglected or poorly looked after. Still it was good to re-affirm the love for your own home!

Don't worry about having a hungry day - you have been doing so well for so long now - thing is no matter how good we are most of the time it's only a matter of time until we have a slip up. That's why it's all about how we move on after overeating rather than the slip up itself. Forget about it and just carry on as if nothing happened (and in the great scheme of things nothing actually did happen - you just ate - hardly a big deal).

Good on you for getting back on track, glad you feel better now hun. I wonder if there ever comes a time when we won't panic after overeating, no matter how big or small a blip we percieve it to be- and accept that you just made a choice, and can move on.... Or is it that that 'panic' can be chanelled into serving a useful purpose to keep us on track? Not sure, just thinking aloud..... Suppose those of you successfully maintaining may shed some light. xx

Thanks all... I think that is key, Butterfly, channelling the panic... I did try, but possibly too late! A thought to hold on to, though.

Alli, that poor house. I wanted to wrap it up and make it beautiful again, but sadly we don't have the cash to do it... you'd need to plough £100,000 or more into it, and even daily upkeep would cost a bomb... but someone richer than me with some vision will hopefully come and rescue it. I was shocked at how far it had fallen in two years, it used to be shabbily elegant & genteel, the doctor's house, and I had been in it a few times and loved it. But... it had a feeling of sadness about it, I knew it wouldn't have been a good house for us. And it has cured (for now) my dreams of grandeur and made me see how much I love our ramshackle cottage....

Food...
After 12.30, didn't eat again until supper when we had the family meal out to celebrate mum's b'day. I did OK with a tomato & lentil loaf with salad, broccoli & cauli... and 2 onion rings! Then ruined it by having pud, me, daughter & sister-outlaw all ordered one, and we picked at each others. I possibly ate even more than a whole pudding! They were big & very rich and cream-laden... so nice. On plus side, didn't drink as was designated driver. Sigh. (But that was my logic in allowing myself a pud... ah well).

Over and done, and the scales tell me not worth it, but back on the wagon today. Will be over to mum's mid-morning with the cake, but won't have any. There will be enough people there I doubt she will notice. Lovely to see brother & sis-outlaw. I see brother often as he tries to get down each month to see mum, but haven't seen sis-outlaw since Xmas, she is lovely and was very complimentary on weight loss. (She is a natural skinny minny!)

Hope you all have a fab day, and here's hoping mine is good and safely within 1200. Onwards, ever onwards!

xxx

Have a good day Katy, and yesterday doesn't sound too horrendous to the outsider, I know it is a different view when you are in it!

Hope you have a lovey day today, is the weather better with you today? Enjoy the time with your family today x

Yep, sun is shining weakly... and dry, for now anyway! Thanks, hope your days are lovely, too...

xxx

Happy birthday to your Mum, family weekends are nice. Bet sis-out-law was impressed if she hadn't seen you for a long time, you must be lovely and slim given your height and everything! xx

Aw Bess you are a sweetie. My sis-outlaw is lovely, love spending time with her & wish we lived closer. She is so bubbly and so warm. Mum was at her best, as she loves my brother being around... TWO cakes, I had chosen one I would be less tempted to eat, & over-the-road neighbour made one too, I wavered a little but managed to say no to both and then said I'd had a piece and mum was none the wiser.

Home again now, as mum gets a bit flustered when too many people around, and brother & sisO/L will be heading for home soon, so give them some quiet time. Have had a big mug of fat-free celery soup & no bread, don't need it really, & need to save some cals as OH is making quorn lasagne for tea... swoon.

Feels like a better day...

xxx

Good for you Katy, its awesome to feel you are in control and you ARE!
Hope tea was as lovely as it sounds, I have just had porridge and a cup of tea. The joys of getting up at 5pm!

Glad you had a good day and gave your Mum one too. Mum's are special even though they drive us nuts sometimes!!

Hi Katy, not been on online over weekend until now (l was in hospital), l'll send you a PM.

Last edited:
Oh Dis hope you are much better now... Gallstones sound really horrid... sending a big hug.

xxx

Yesterday was OK... felt much safer after Saturday's madness. Pretty certain now that hormones were a big part of it, I am so pre-menstrual it's not funny. Think I am storing a couple of extra lbs in my boobs alone, and very sore, ugh, but totm should be here any minute.

yesterday's food...

porridge with water, 0% yog, berries
white coffee
mug no-fat celery soup
shape yog+ 10cal jelly
portion homemade quorn lasagne, bout a million cals, but... yummy.
shape yog+ 10cal jelly

loved the combination of shape yog & jelly, which staved off my sweet cravings. Hoping today goes OK. I need to get moving again with my work, which is still in a trough... inspiration, anyone? Pleeeaase?

Hope everyone is good, wishing you all a fab day.

xxx

Hi Katy, not been on online over weekend until now (l was in hospital), l'll send you a PM.

Oh Disney, so sorry to see that you've been ill. Gallstones? poor you, very painful I hear. Hope you soon feel much better though.

. I need to get moving again with my work, which is still in a trough... inspiration, anyone? Pleeeaase?

xxx

Ummm, to pay some bills? Buy more jelly and yoghurt? Nice Boden clothes, Christmas presents for your nearest and dearest....rabbit food, dog food,....:8855:

:D Happy Monday! x

Yesterday was OK... felt much safer after Saturday's madness. Pretty certain now that hormones were a big part of it, I am so pre-menstrual it's not funny. Think I am storing a couple of extra lbs in my boobs alone, and very sore, ugh, but totm should be here any minute

xxx

Sympathise hugely here, sore boobs are really painful and make me very miserable and grumpy too. :(

Edit: Heard an item on the radio this am about Galloway Park being the best place in the UK to see stars, Lucky you!!

Last edited:
Back