Lost ??

syren

from FAT to FIT
Hi there !

I'm trying to figure out what forum to become a regular on.. I'm doing my own version of vlcd but I'm not doing food replacements so i don't feel like I should be in that category as I cannot relate to any of the members. I'm also not cutting out extreme calories, although I'm counting very low between 800-1000 giving myself a cheat day of 1200-1500 to trick the metabolism. This method works for me, I had great success with this last year (only to put it all back on ugh !!) I make sure to eat properly, very conscious of making sure i get enough nutrients and protein and avoid feeling hungry. I am counting calories so should I be in this category ?

I just want to have a regular home that I can come to for support

Thanks ! :)

There are lots of sections here and all are supportive, post in Calorie counting and general weight loss discussions.

I also post in WEMITTS (we mean it this time) and everyone is sooooo lovely, I would die without them hee hee

Good luck on your journey and be careful if you are doing your own VLCD as if not balanced properly you could find yourself in trouble xxxx

Hi Syren - welcome to calorie counting! Sorry that you put the weight you lost back on, but well done for getting back on track again. WEMITTs is a great forum as well.
Especially Nee's thread - heehee

Last edited:
Hi Syren - welcome to calorie counting! Sorry that you put the weight you lost back on, but well done for getting back on track again. WEMITTs is a great forum as well.

Especially my thread hee hee ;D

Hi and welcome Syren, youre doing similar to myself. I'm anywhere between 700-1200 calories but generally around the 1000 mark. I had my first static this Sunday (week 7 for me) so gave myself 2 days of 1500 cals, it seems to have worked because I've already dropped a lb. I'm mainly having smaller portions of everyday food to avoid missing out on the nutrients etc also trying to remember to take a multivit after getting 2 chest infection in about 4 weeks (am prone due to chest conditions)

I post all over the place, i'm not sure of the protocol but so far WWers, or SWers etc havent told me to bug off back to my own board!

I believe that deprivation is the number 1 diet breaker so I have found a couple of items that I build into my diet to beat them. quavers for crisps at 87 calories and a chocolate wafer at 82 calories for sweet cravings. I have not felt deprived at all so far. (although I know its early days!) I also have some slimfast in for when I just can't be bothered making a meal or when i'm not hungry but need a few more calories in me...and to be honest I just plain love the cafe latte, its lush! But I only have 1 or 2 a week as the caffeine keeps an insomniac awake even more!

Good luck on your journey

Cat

Thanks CatCrazy ! it's nice to hear that someone else is doing a similar regimen and having success with it :) I agree that deprivation is the number 1 diet breaker so I try and avoid the hungry feeling and plan my meals with great thought as I need to make sure I am balancing fat, carbs and proteins as well as high nutrient foods.. it's challenging but imperative. Sorry to hear about your chest infections.. need to take care of that especially with the winter coming. I know when I'm not feeling well that I reach for 'comfort foods' and I can't afford that so I'm going to keep myself healthy too !

I'm definitely going to check out the slim fast.. the caffe latte sounds yum !

Syren, your diet sounds similar to mine. Not sure if you can see my diary on only 25 posts (I think you have to have over 50 posts) but basically:

My rules are:
1) under 1000 Kcal
2) under 30g total fat
3) under 100g total carbohydrate
4) over 45g protein (I am a vegetarian so that is not as easy as just eating a chicken breast)
5) under 1.5g sodium
6) over 2g potassium

yeah my diet version is very similar to yours Inge ..I try and keep the carbs a little lower though only because i know they are a big part of my diet issues..

I have been struggling with the food morality issue for a while and i believe one day i'll be a vegetarian myself.. my sister is a vegan, she's always got new dishes for me to try and i'm always surprised at how yummy they are .

I understand the reason behind the '50 posts' but it's a bit annoying right now.. lol i'll check it out when i get there ! thanks ! :)

Back