Lots of me to lose - 150 target, 20lb down

tome

Hi everybody,

A few years ago I had a pe and DVT, when I weighed 147 kg. As of last week I weighed 131 kg, which was the fastest I could go because it took a while to get healthy enough to exercise.

Now my doctor has given me the go ahead, I want to lose weight faster.

I'm down to 129.5 kg this week.

I could really do with all your support. I plan to weigh in once a month, but will post what I am doing more regularly.

Today I went on a long walk lasting 1hr 50 minutes. It is nice that we have finally reached spring.

Sorry if the formatting is off, i am using my phone to type this.

Last edited:
Hi Tome and welcome, I don't really think in Kilo's, I'm still an old fashioned stones and pounds man. LOL, good luck and I'll follow your diary now.

Hi Jim, thanks for the encouragement.

Sorry about the metric, when I originally bought the scales they were the only affordable ones that wouldn't break due to my weight:(

Today was my rest day, so I didn't go for a walk, but I did 30 minutes of chair exercises. The plan is too work on flexibility and mobility. I've been adjusting my diet to include more salads, and changed my breakfast to porridge and fruit.

Last edited:
Hi Tome. I am fairly new to this and have a similiar amount to lose. I use the Salter digital ones they do pounds, stones and kilos and you would be ok on them. Seems like you are doing really well. Just do the exercise you love doing. I love swimming so it makes up a big part of my exercise routine but its not for everyone. Whereas I know people who run and I simply can not run and hate it.

Hi Tome. I am fairly new to this and have a similiar amount to lose. I use the Salter digital ones they do pounds, stones and kilos and you would be ok on them. Seems like you are doing really well. Just do the exercise you love doing. I love swimming so it makes up a big part of my exercise routine but its not for everyone. Whereas I know people who run and I simply can not run and hate it.

Hi xMariex, Thanks for the tips. At the moment I am in training for long distance walking. I do plan on more rigorous exercise lateron, but for various medical reasons I really need to hold back from that until i've lost 50lb or so. A lot of how I am doing that is through diet. A guy who does a hour of walking plus cuts a single digestive buscuit out of their diet will lose as much weight as someone who does an hr of running and keeps the buscuit.

Progress for today: I've done a 6.4 mile walk.

Morning, LOL our scales wouldn't weigh me at all until I'd been on Atkins induction for 3 weeks, then one day they just sort of shivered at the 25 stone mark and from then on it was OK :)

Lol, one of the challenges of obesity is that half the equipment people use for weightloss is built for smaller people. Now I am nearer ordinary overweight there are more options available.

Lol, one of the challenges of obesity is that half the equipment people use for weightloss is built for smaller people. Now I am nearer ordinary overweight there are more options available.
So true there was one piece I wanted but you had to be 200lbs or less. Now some taller men are not overweight at that weight. You would think they would realise that obese people would be interested in getting fit.

I guess you've just got something to look forward to when you lose the weight:)

Yesterday I went on a 1 hr 40 minute walk. Today is my rest day, so I have done 2hrs of easy gardening. The downside is I ate a bit more than i should have for lunch. Am planning to go for a 45 minute walk.

Morning! I wrote a post somewhere where someone asked questions about how and why i decided I was obese. I'll go find it

Hi Jim, that's an interesting thread, thanks for posting it. I have been considering formal diets - but right at the moment I think I seem to be losing weight pretty fast. It's good to know atkins worked for you.

To be honest, the most impressive thing about your achievement is the way you have kept the weight off so long. It's reasonably easy to lose weight, but it is harder to make the changes to your lifestyle that make the weight loss permanent.

Today I have done a 40 minute walk and a 30 min aerobics DVD.

It is my cheat day, so I am very full...

Morning, well whatever suits you is my belief, if it's working, then don't mess with it.

A hard week, I injured my leg, so I have really been limited on the walking front. The pain made it hard to stick to the diet as well. I'll have a bit of a reboot from tomorrow.

My weight loss has stalled more or less,am at 19 stone 2lb have recalculated my calories and need to step them down again. Should have recalculated a fortnight ago.

Back