Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi Im cherry Im 37 I have 3 children and live with my partner.I have yoyoed all my adult life.I started Lighterlife on September 27th and last weds I had lost 1st 13lbs .I love and hate the diet as its tough at times but boy does it work quick.I have dropped 2 dress sizes already.
This site is fab with so many supportive people.
XXC

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

I,M Martine.
Last week was my first time ever in a forum, complete newbee! I joined lighterlife on 3rd October. I cant believe how good the weight is coming off. Week 5 weigh in another 4lbs off total 24 lbs.
I love reading all the comments of support that everyone gives and all the success stories. They are so inspiring.I will probably continue in ss till March. My goal is to get into a size 12 jeans. Started off at a 22.Good luck to everyone

Hi I'm Heather, I've just joined this site today as reading your various threads has really helped me feel part of a group whilst doing Lighterlife in the days between my meetings!

I started LL on 8th October so I am now in week 5 and have so far lost 22 lbs (well as of this am anyway!)

I love this diet after so many years of calorie counting!

Pleased to meet you all and I hope we can all help each other.

love Heather x

Pleased to meet you all...

Hi everyone, I'm Malinky - I'm just about finishing Foundation now having lost 4 stone 12 but am moving straight into Development to get rid of that last couple of stone. I actually joined the MiniMins a few weeks ago but due to immense problems with BT and our Broadband (doncha just love em!) I haven't been logging on much recently - as I've been struggling a bit in the past few weeks (as anyone who has seen my "Help" Thread will know) I intend to be looking in a lot more in the future!
Look forward to getting to know you all!

hi im sue , like most of you ive treid every diet known to man , and then some !!! i even applied to the biggest looser and made it to the reserves (ooo the shame of it !!!) but now im determined to conquer the beast and get control !!! i seriously dont need to be at this when im 40 , 50 and 60 and i need to not pass my dieting demons onto my beautifull little issa whos 19 months , im exited about the future and im reaching the end of week two and dying to see the weight loss on sunday afer loosing 8.4lb last week xxx

Hello to everyone - I'm a new member and I haven't actually started LL yet (but I've been to the introductory session and got my form signed by my doctor). I'm determined to start straight after Christmas as I have between 6 and 7 stone to lose. Reading your messages and your stories on this site played a big part in making my mind up to do this and it's going to be great to have all your support. Hope to get to know you all better as the days go by.

Hello

Hi, I'm Jena. I had my first lighterlife class last night and started my foodpacks as of this morning.

I've been overwight for about the last six years. I'm 24 and really want to sort out my issues with food so that I don't end up at this size ever again. VLCD is completely different to any other plan I've tried before and I'm really hoping that it will help me lose about seven or eight stones of blubber - don't really know what my goal is as I've never been slim before!

This site has really motivated me to get started and I'm hoping that chatting with people here will help me overcome my complete lack of willpower when it comes to dieting:rolleyes:

I'm Ann, and I'm 59 years old. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and have personal experience of just about every pill, diet etc. known to man!
After a very traumatic bereavement in June 2003, by Jan 2006, my weight had reached 21st9lbs.
I have been at goal for about 6 weeks now (10st 11lbs) and I am DETERMINED to keep this weight off.
My life has changed for the better in every way. I could hardly walk before, and was on medication for hypertension. I felt utterly hopeless, and disabled by my weight.
Now, I do anything I want to do, including going to the gym. I have ambitions to go skiing and do a charity trek to Maccu Pichu in Peru next year.
Ann

Hi Y'all

Hey Everyone,

Im Emma Jane, 25 years old, originally from East Kilbride in Scotland, now living in Falkirk area with my dear boyf! Now on week 10 of Lighter Life and loving every minute of it loss to date of 30.5lbs started at 19st 6, would love to be 9st 6 but thats a wee while away yet but boy can i taste it!!

Ive always been "big boned" and actually resigned myself to that fact that I was the fat friend in my group through school, although a mere size 14 i always felt mega huge next to my size 8/10 friends, and so the eating began, and it carried on, and on and well you get the idea.

I was in florida Jan 2005 and I had to be pushed into one of the rides, the Hulk (ironic or so it would seem that I too was a hulk! not green mind you til after the ride lol) Anyways that and the plane trip there and back really socked it too me as i had hardly any room and couldnt reach the bloody radio controls in the arm rests.

But came home and did nothing about it for a whole year really, my cousin was married this year in march and i really struggled to find an outfit to make me look ok, I ended up getting a v expensive dress which i love to bits from a bridal shop in glasgow and i passed as glam for the day. And now in 10 short weeks its far tooo big!!! Hurray or boo im not sure lol, but once this weight is off the dress will be taken in cause i still love it!!!

Some more months on my colleague at work told me about a girl who had done lighterlife, lost 8 stone and gone on to become a fitness instructor I couldnt believe it, and i did some research and concluded that anyone who doesnt eat for that long must be nuts, so I immediately decided that this was the plan for me! lol

Not having to think about food as such and being able to concentrate on the mind is a very amazing experience and long may it continue, another cousin of mine is getting married next august and by then I should be into maintenance, bring it on baby Im soooooo ready for this roller coaster!!!!

Luv Y'all

EmJ
xxxxxx

Hi I'm Sue, I've just started Wk 7 of LL and so far have lost 28lbs which is great! I started WW in January and lost 17lbs in 8 months so I really wish I'd started LL in Jan instead!! I have around 5 more stones to lose.

Sue

Hi All,

My name is Kaz and I have been on LL since April I am still on Development lost 7 and a half stone so far. I started at 21 and a half stone I am now 13 stone 13. (so still have a few stone to go) I couldnt recommend this diet enough, the counselling is the important part for me as I think it will play a major part in keeping the weight off because I now know WHY I eat instead of just what I eat!!!

Good luck to all

Love Kaz xxxx
well done katz ,
that is amazing , i wish other people understood the importance of the counceling though , im so tired of justifying the time and money to some people when every day im getting deeper into the why,s , this programme is the best !!

Last edited:
Hi There

My Name is Mandi i am 39 years old a wife and mother with 2 grown up children. I've now been on Lighter Life for 35 days and have lost 29lbs...

Like many of you i have had my up & down days, i'm proud of myself as throughtout the whole time i have been good and remained abstinent and will during the Christmas & new Year period..
icon_smile.gif

Do however struggle to drink the 4 litres of water daily, infact my councillor wants us to drink 6 litres ( that's impossible for me) working night shifts 3days on 4 off, 4days on 3 off, makes it difficult sometimes and i constantly can't keep going to the loo coz i work on the hopspital wards and they get very busy at night!!!

Hi my name is Sonya I started Lipotrim on 15th nov so I am in my 5th week, so far I have lost 2st 9lbs. I have been big for years and have tried every boring diet going. I get disheartened by the 1-2lbs a week and like most people love to see bigger loses. So when I heard and saw the results of Lipotrim from friends at school I made the decision to give it a try, Im so pleased I did.
I have to lose weight for a big hernia repair operation my surgeon said he will do an apronectomy at the same time so I have the ultimate motivation.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE

SONKIE

Hello everyone !
I just joined this forum and also started LL .
Hoping to lose weight and make some friends here.
My name is Navy I'm 33 years old and mother to four children I was slim once and want to be slimmer again.
My weight started increasing after each child.
Also suffered with emotional problems despression and over eating.
But now I have found this site and lighter life hopefully everything will be better.
I started Lighter life yesterday but cant seem to make the shakes properly can some one help, is there any way of making it without it becoming lumpy.
Any help or suggest most welcome
many thanks
Navy

Hi I am Jo. I am starting LL on 2nd Jan 2007 and I cant wait to get started. I have about 5 stone to loose. I am the heaviest I have ever been though I have managed to loose all my baby weight (boy was I shocked when I got on the scales after I had had her!!!) I put on a lot of weight when I lived in Australia as rather than walking everywhere we had to drive due to the great distances involved so with lack of excercise and the huge portions out there I loaded the weight on.

I also gave up smoking 3 years ago and that didnt help my weight.

Anyway it is great to have found this forum for motivation and inspiration

Jo

Hi, I started LL on 1st August, and I did really well up to day 97(3st 5lbs) which was around 7 weeks ago. I cant seem to get back on the wagon at all.
I broke abstinence on a trip home due to triggers, and Ive been dealing with some incredibly lifechanging and difficult stuff.

But I now weigh around 11 stone 7lbs, I had got down to 10st 13lb, but have spent the last 6 weeks putting on and losing the same pounds. I went out yesterday and for the first time in a long time I felt really uncomfortable in my clothes.

I really want to do this, I need to lose around 2 - 3 stone. Im back on lighter life today and all i can think of is opening a bottle of red and tucking into a block of cheese.

Anyway, thats probably turned into less of an intro than a dairy entry. But Hi, Im Artemis.

Last edited:
I am starting LL on 11th January. So an introduction...
I am Anna and I am 31 years old. I lost 4 stone last year with Slimming World, but for various reasons I have put it all back on.
I am feeling very positive about starting LL, as I want to be fit and healthy for my two DDs who are 5 and 2. I also want 2007 to be happier than 2006. I lost my husband very suddenly in August to a heart attack, so I need to lose the weight and get my health sorted for my girls. I have back problems and they were getting better when I lost the weight. They are now really troubling me again so that's another reason to sort it. Plus I am asthmatic.
Anyway, that's it for now. Wish me luck! Here's to a successful 2007 for us all!

Newbie!

Just discovered this site, I will be starting LL in Jan, have to have medical first andhave about 91/2 half stone to lose (the shame).
Tried every diet going and feel this is the way forward now, I know someone who lost 4 stone in just over 2 months so fingers crossed it works
Just wanted to say hello!

Hi to all newbies, im on lipotrim but i always pop in to see how other people are doing on there diets. good luck for your weight loss journey, im in my 6th week now so still pretty new.

Back