Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi nce1, lesage(well done girl),yorkie girl, mich1607, dieting queen and geri. How you all doing, I am not doing too good, started the programme and restarted since the time I decided to go back on the programme.

I still believe that 2007 is going to be a good year, just wish I knew what was blocking me mentally from starting properly. Feeling the same, please share.

It's going to be a great year

:)
Hi nce1, lesage(well done girl),yorkie girl, mich1607, dieting queen and geri. How you all doing, I am not doing too good, started the programme and restarted since the time I decided to go back on the programme.

I still believe that 2007 is going to be a good year, just wish I knew what was blocking me mentally from starting properly. Feeling the same, please share.
:rolleyes:

Hi, I'm Kath. Started LL on 7 Jan so on week 3 from today. Wouldn't say am enjoying it but results so far are worth it. Only 12 stone to go however. Am a single mum of one beautiful boy and in the middle of a divorce so I guess that's what pushed me to get a grip of my problem. Just want to be healthy again. Had a few problems physically during first two weeks, researching which brought me to this site. It seems fab, the amount of support and positivity shown. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration to keep going.....

Hi, I'm Kath. Started LL on 7 Jan so on week 3 from today. Wouldn't say am enjoying it but results so far are worth it. Only 12 stone to go however. Am a single mum of one beautiful boy and in the middle of a divorce so I guess that's what pushed me to get a grip of my problem. Just want to be healthy again. Had a few problems physically during first two weeks, researching which brought me to this site. It seems fab, the amount of support and positivity shown. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration to keep going.....

Hi Kath sounds like we are in the same boat, keep going just one week at a time whats a 100 or so days compared to the rest of your life

yorkshire rose

Hi Kath sounds like we are in the same boat, keep going just one week at a time whats a 100 or so days compared to the rest of your life

Vicki - Fife

Hi I am Vicki,

Only 20, but have been over weight... well forever really, starting tomoro at just under 16 stone. I hope to be 11 stone for my 21st in July, that'd be fab. I have tried other diets in the past but got fed up of not seeing any difference so now is the time to try LL. I am all geared up, drunk loads of water today to get myself ready and wrote my reasons to loose weight:
  • Be able to run after my son better
  • Bridesmaid at my mums wedding 23rd March
  • Stop getting sore ankles
  • Feel sexy when going out with my friends who are stunning
  • Have self confidence
  • Live Longer
  • Not be the fat mum
What are everyone elses motivations?

Hi, I am Victoria (Catwoman) am 36, live in Surrey and am starting ll day one tomorrow (25th January.) I am aiming to lose betweeen 3 - 4 stones and have been spurred on by everyone being so supportive on here. Onward and upward ......................................!!!

Hi everyone! I started LL on 27 Jan, so I'm on day 3 now. Its been really encouraging to read everyone's comments and thoughts etc. At the moment I'm feeling very energised...I'm just psyching myself up to go into the kitchen at work and make up some soup! :eek: I find people at work are very inquisitive, so I anticipate that I'll have at least one person wanting to know the 'ins and outs' of my lunch! lol...Other than that I am glad that I've managed to start the programme and I hope that my motivation and determination stays up for me to carry on!

Cioa! x

ff!

Hi I'm "fishface" or ff for short!!
37 years old and been overweight for the majoirty of that! Going to see the LL councellor today and meant to stary when I get back from skiing in Mch but in two minds as just want to get on with it now...
Currently weigh 15 stone, size 22/24 and want to get down to about 9 stone although my main aim is to feel healthy, be able to shop anywhere (size 12/14 would be fab!) I want & to examine why I eat etc and "get over it" as much as I can.
Looking forward to getting to know you all & supporting each other on the journey...

Starting Lighter Life on February 24th

Hi my name is Sharon. I've just had my medical form for Lighter Life completed and will be attending my first group session on February 24th :)

I'm 38yrs of age, 5ft 6ins tall and and have been on a countless list of diets since the age of 12 (by which time I'd already reached 12st). I've fluctuated my way up to my present weight of 20st 06lbs, which is the heaviest I've ever been. :(

I know I have a way to go, but having read the various messages on this website and seen the photos in the gallery, I actually feel very hopeful and really encouraged by what lies ahead...

I would love to hear from anyone else on the programme to find out how you're doing.

ShazTLB x

Hi my name is Sharon and I started LL on the 3rd January 2007. When I started I weighted 13 stone 9lbs (this is the biggest I have ever been) and I now weigh 11st 12lbs therefore 25lbs down. It has not been easy but I am amazed how I have still managed to stick to it 100%. Didn't know I had it in me... Would love to get to 10 stone but I will see how I get on. Only just discovered this forum and its great, it has given me a renewed motivation as I have been flagging lately and wanting food!

My BMI settings are different to that listed at class as I started off at over 31???

I still haven't had that rush of energy yet - any tips?

Sharon

HI! New Here!

Hi everyone!

So glad to have found this forum! I'm Jan, I started LL last week.. actually Sunday 11th Feb although Thursday is my meeting / weighing day. I seem to have lost about a stone in my first week and am thrilled!

Chat more soon..

Jan
xxx

Hi everyone

I'm Cath, I'm 38, married with 3 children aged 18, 17 and 14. I'm on my first day of LL today and I don't really know what it was that made me decide that now is the time to do something about my weight and how it affects my life but after reading all the posts in here I'm so glad that I have and that I chose LL to do it with. My first group session is next Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully I'll meet some nice people and learn alot about me and why I'm the weight I am, and how not to be this weight again.

Well I think that's my intro over for now so I'm off to read more of all your inspirational posts :)

Cath

Hello Everyone!

Im kels, 23- and looking to loose around 4 and a half stone!!

Im on day one at the mo - so am a newbie! Have just had some soup and feel ok i guess, im not full but i have this voice in the back of my mind reminding me what i look like and what i want to look like!

This forum is helping as whenever i start to feel hungry i just read other peoples acomplishments and think "that could be me"

Look forward to going throught this journey with you all!

Kels
xxx

Hi Kels - I'm on day one too and finding it okay so far. The chocolate at breakfast was a bit strange but I had the mushroom soup for lunch and thought that that was really nice.

Glad to know that someone else is going to be starting and finishing with me ... we'll soon be there :)

Cath

Hi Kels,

Well done you for starting your weight loss journey.

This is a nice time of year for starting and with the summer only a few months away there is plenty of motivation for shifting the weight and fitting into the summer fashion.

Nice to have a choice:)

Once your in ketosis the diet does get a lot easier.

I find if you write down a list of all the things you want to do and then tick them off as you achieve them is very rewarding.

Having long term goals and mini goals is a good combination.

Have you taken your before photos and done all your measurements?

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

Hi y'all,

I'm Vanessa - and want to loose a total of around 6 stone :eek: :eek: :eek:
But that is my absolute goal, as it would be a BMI of 21. So, I would also be happy just to fit into a size 12/14 again *lol* ...it's been a while.
I'm in the UK only for studying and come originally from Germany, I have always been a bit overweight, but never to this extend. I gained a LOT (prob 4 stone) over the last 18 months, dunno why.....it's the british food :D (just kidding)..

Well, I restarted CD (did it last summer b4 going on holidays) on Monday, 26th Feb and hopefully by my B-Day I have lost already 2-3 stone *praying*.

So, I will be online a LOT, so I'll see you all around and hope to get to know you all a bit better.

:grouphugg:
xox Vanessa

Hi Katie & Mini!

Katie - Yay - Fab going through it with someone that I can talk to during the day! How did you find your first councelling session!? I had the chocolate milkshake for breakfast but put it with ice in a blender with some water - i must say it was gorge! Have just had my Thai soup and wasnt that taken with it but i guess it could be an aquired taste! Didnt order mushroom - but wish i had now! x

Mini - thanks for your words of encouragement!!xx
I had all my stats taken last night and am 100% committed to this - CHEATING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME! lol This is the LAST option! I know what i want and i can not wait to get there. I will hang in there! xxxx

xxx Kels xxx

Back