Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi Everybody!

I am new to this forum but I am so glad i found it!!!!
Not so new to LL, I am on my week 9 and have lost 2st 11lb!!
I have a great councellor and lovely bunch of ladies in the group but there are some times during the week when you need to know that you are not alone.
I have found this programme to be the easiest diet I have ever done, no counting calories, points...etc and I am sticking to it religiously. Like everyone else I have my good days and my bad days but generally I am feeling good. Especially now I have dropped down from size 20 to 16 and results are more visible.
My friends and collegues are now noticing my weight loss and I am getting tired of explaining what Ido as nobody seems to approve of the programme. So what? I am doing this for myself and myself only. lLiving my life to other people's expectations is what kept me fat and miserable for years and years.
I have got around 3st more to lose, which now should be a dodle as i have you lovely people to keep me company!!!

Hi Everyone,
I start LL today,slightly scared i wont be able to stick with it.The first meeting went well last night,there are 8 in our group me proberly being the fattest lol :) I would love to lose 5 stone.
Our group leader is a lovely woman which i always think helps.
Well wish me luck.best go and make my shake lol :)
Love heidi x

Hi Heidi - I hope your first day went well. I think we all have wobbles to some extent at the beginning. I wasnt sure I'd be able to do it either having started and 'failed' at so many diets in the past. I just took it one day at a time, and then 1 week at a time and before I knew it, I'd finished my first 100 days. So now I know I CAN do it - and so can you. Good luck!

Hi there everyone, i'm new to this forum lark.
You are all doing so well :D
I've beem on LL for 17 weeks now and have lost 6 stone 9 lbs.
I'm at the stage where people are telling me enough is enough but I am keen to keep going for another stone at least.
Any others out there being deflated by people who think their helping? :mad:

Hi - Last Chance Saloon here - I'm on week 11 and have lost 3st 7lbs. I was also very scared at the start - I put off joining up and told everyone who would listen so I had to do it! But you know what it was about 100 times easier than I thought. Weeks 7, 8 & 9 were the hardest times - the nibbling got the better of me and spending £66 to loose just 2 and a half pounds set me back on the straight and narrow. Week 10 back to 5 and a half pound loss - yeah!! Best thing that was said to me was why prolong the agony - she was right. Also helped by the 2 new bars - the old ones made me ill but these new ones are fab and along with the new vanilla has added new life into my diet. 2 and a half stone to go.

Welcome, WOW and Congratulations LC Saloon on your fantastic weight loss of 3st. 7lbs.:party0011::party0011::party0011:

Love Mini xxx

Hi I am new

Just at the end of first week and have been violently sick since sunday. Was a great relief to find the alternative uses 'cooking' thread here. All praise google!

I think there is something in the savory packs that don't agree with me - even the vaguest whiff of one sets me retching:eek: Anyone else suffer from this?

What I really want to know is the success rates for keeping the weight off - I am not going through this if I will just slip into lardiness after 6 weeks off the packs!

Hiya, can I just jump in and ask if you found your doctor supportive? I have had my intro. and went along to the first meeting even though I couldn't get any packs as my doc appointment was this evening.
My doctor was quite awful really. Made me feel tiny... would be funny if I wasn't so furious. He stated that I was a mature sensible adult and didn't need his permission to do a diet. (I shirked away from asking if he'd mind stating that on the form).
He had the explanation book and I told him the reasons why I'm sure this diet would work for me. He sent me away with a flea in my ear but not before taking blood samples :eek:as I may be 'lucky' and it could be a thyroid problem!!!!!!! I have no medical probs and my blood pressure was fine...till he told me he wasn't going to sign the form! :mad:
I'm a grown (groan) woman indeed, so why did he manage to reduce me to tears? I was so 'up' for starting this week.
My LLC was great and although she has stated that I can come along to next week's meeting, ( Going to try and get another doctor's appointment), I'm left feeling like a failure before I've even started.
Any tips on what I could eat till then to keep me on track. I've worked my way up to 3 litres of water a day in prep for this and want to keep up my prep. I've thought about slim fast till I get a doctor to sign. What do you all think? And how will I cope with being the only member of our group, (all lovely), that hasn't started yet?
Feel better even just getting this off my chest.

Sorry for the rant. :badmood:

Some of our ladies had problems getting their doctors to sign, especially without paying a huge fee. Our LLC recommended a private doctor to them who was happy to check them out and sign the forms, albeit for a smaller fee. Doctors are annoying, 1 of our ladies went for her 1st, 4 week check up and he said her blood pressure had dropped significantly, reduced her tablets - and then refused to sign her form, she had to go to Lloyds to get her form signed. You can't do that for the first 1 I'm afraid, doesn't your LLC know any amenable doctors in the area? I hope you manage to get it signed.

Hiya all,
Its my 1st day on the food packs today, seems to be going well so far. Im just wondering how people have coped with preparing their food at work - ive been using the mushroom blender at home as i find the powder doesnt mix to well. Has anyone experienced this or am i doing it wrong??

Hi all
Day 4 on LL and now I am not feeling absolutely starving all the time I am feeling good.

I started LL on Thursday, had my stop in last night and lost 4.8lbs which I was pretty amazed at.

3 years ago at 17st 13.5lbs I decided it was time to call it a day and do something about my weight. Did atkins for 6 weeks and lost 1 stone. Then joined WW, lost about 2st but it was a real struggle and the last 10 months I have managed to lose nothing at all, so decided to bite the bullet. I knew someone who had done LL and lost about 5 stone and after much deliberation decided that was the one for me.
After many years of trying various diets I think with the sole source and counselling is what I need to do.
Think I have the right mindset to do it, very determined this time I am going get to goal.
Day 4 and so far so good.

I have been looking at the before and after photos and it does truly inspire you.

Hiya,

Day 6 on LL and I'm doing alright, however, carbo cravings at work yesterday afternoon lead me here - what a great forum.

My brother lost over ten stone on LL and looks fantastic so I would finally get round to losing the weight myself.

I'm quite lucky in that I like most of the foodbacks so there's a fair bit of variety for me, although I do miss solid food. I found the recipe page v.interesting, will have to try some of those. Don't suppose anyone knows how to make a vanilla foodpack into a roast with all the trimmings? :)

Hi Christovee

I am on day 7 today, my first full week and first proper weigh in tonight, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Had lost 4.8 on saturday's drop in.

Sounds like your brother has done brilliantly, he must be a real inspiration to you.
I am finding this site a great support.

I have found that the bars have given me the satisfaction I need from solid food. The new nut crisp bar I think is lovely.

I don't think even Jamie Oliver could rustle up a roast from LL foodpacks though. :D

Hi Christovee
I am on day 7 today, my first full week and first proper weigh in tonight, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Had lost 4.8 on saturday's drop in.

My week one drop in was on Monday (my first meeting was Thursday) and I had lost a wopping 11lbs! Very encouraging, although I think the fact I had eaten virtually everything in the house before my first weigh-in may have inlfated my weight somewhat.

Hi I have posted a couple times but I thought I would introduce myself here properly as I didnt spot this thread before.

Ok well i am on day 74 of LL. Have lost almost 2 stone and have another stone and a half to go. I will be doing some development, then onto management.

I was a serial dieter and therefore yo-yoed a LOT my slimmist adult weight was 9st 2- I was there for about two weeks lol! My heighest was (non-pregnant) 13st 7.

I am loving the journey and learning a lot about myself.

So thats me. Hi everyone!

Well although ive just posted my first post I thought id drop in and say hi! it seems this forum is going to be a great help!!

I'm Claire...

I am now on day 4 of LL and have not yet had a "bad experience" (ie, dizzyness etc) - Went for my pop-in this morning and had already lost 8 pounds and was confirmed in ketosis... All positive so far, this is the first diet I have ever tried and am feeling really positive about it. It would be good to make some online friends to help me along the way! xx

:cool:

Back