Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

hi!!

new to this site so just saying hello! Been in LL for 9 weeks and lost 3st 9lbs so far, hope to be over 4st for Christmas! So far so good and am having mostly good days..am not a perfect LL'er by any means but I think I am a human one!!:rolleyes:
Linda

Hello, Just started yeterday, reading all these posts has given me inspiration.

You all seem to be doing so well.

Hello,

I started 2 weeks ago 2m. I find this site a great support! Always someone who knows how you feel or you understand there challenge and can help them.

Peanut x

Hi im new :) starting the LL program today :)
just want the support of all you guys and girls :)
thanks

Welcome Kenshin
You have come to the right place.
I am on week 4 and this place is really supportive, with lots of minis in various stages of the programme.

Welcome Kenshin
You have come to the right place.
I am on week 4 and this place is really supportive, with lots of minis in various stages of the programme.

thanks :) and ive seen all you guys seem very supportive which i like :)

Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I am new to this site, and I have not yet started the LL program. I have only heard of it for the first time a few weeks ago when I ran in to someone I hadn;t seen for a couple of months - when I saw her - half of her was missing and she told me this is how she did it.

I must admit, I am both frightened and exhilerhated about this program. But I am absolutely desperate. :cry:

I am 47, and have spent my entire life dealing with weight issues. I feel I have been fat my enitre life, yet when I look at old photos when I was a youngster and a teen, I was not fat at all!!!!! But I felt it. No doubt due to endless teasing by my brothers and their friends, I guess I believed them, and saw myself as they described me rathar then how I was. Breaks my heart now, as I spent my youth on the sidelines. Never going to pool parties, to the beach, etc., as I was terrified to be seen in a swimsuit. Now, at 47 and probably about 19 stone, there is no way I would be seen in one. I had and now have still no self confidence at all.

I then fell victim to my ex-husbands criticism when one day he told me he would be nice to me when I lost the weight. I weighed 140 pounds then and I am 5'7" tall. I was hardly fat. But again, I believed him. And decided I would bite off my nose to spite my face and I packed on the weight. I think I wanted to keep him away from me. but I only hurt myself. :sigh:

I wasted the first half of my life with low self esteem. I do not want to waste my entire life - so when I saw how quick this program worked, I became very excited - that there may be hope where I believed all hope to be gone. :flowers:

Anyway, here I am now, nearly lost of any hope of ever being thin.

I am planning to start LL after the holidays. I need to get my head wrapped right around it as the idea of going without food for months scares the bejeezus out of me. It has been a source of comfort for so long - I am really frightened.....but for every ounce of fear, there is an ounce of desperation. As my weight increases, I can only feel like I am killing myself slowly. A slow and deliberate suicide if you will. And I must turn it around now. I must. :break_diet:

The thing is - it's what goes on in my head more then what goes in my mouth that I need to change, and I hope this program addresses that? Finally. No other program I have done delved nto the psyche of why there is a weight problem to begin with.:rolleyes:

Oh I do go on, don't I?:boohoo:

Well - hats off to all of you before me. You are an inspiration, and I hope I can acheive the same success that you all have. Thank you all for sharing your storied, struggles and successes. :)

Hi :)

I tried this earlier but my post never showed up?

Anyway, I am new to this site, and have not yet begun the LL program. I learned of LL when I saw someone I hadn;t seen for a couple of months and half of them was missing! :eek:

I must admit, LL both scares and exhilerhates me. The idea of giving up food for months is very daunting. I have about 7 stone to lose and I am really torn about whether I can do it or not. I have decided to start in January after the hols which will give me time to get my head around it.

I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. I am 47 now. I spent all of my younger years on the sidelines believing I was a fat cow. As I look back on photos, I was not. I was perfectly normal. It breaks my heart when I think of all I missed out on. I attribute my low self image to the teasing I endured by my brothers and their friends. I believed them. :cry::rolleyes:

Then as an adult, in a troubled marraige my ex-husband told me he would be nice to me once I lost weight. :(:mad: I was 5'7" and only weighed 140. I was so hurt and angry, I then piled on the weight. I think I wanted to keep him away from me, I felt so betrayed.

So from about 26 yrs, I began using food as comfort, as a barrier and as a weapon, as all the wrong things. I hate what I have become. The old me is inside screaming to get out, but over the years, and as more and more weight goes on, she gets harder and harder to hear. :sigh: I feel as if I am committing a slow suicide.:break_diet:

So - now, learning about LL, for the first time in so long, I have hope. :) But am scared to death. I do not want to face another failure. I want to look in the mirror and love myself. So this is a scary journey I will be beginning in 2008.

But I so desperately do not want to spend the second half of my life on the sidelines. So here I am.

I am hoping LL addresses what goes on inside the head as much,if not more, then what goes on in the mouth as I know that is where the real problem lies.:sigh:

Oh I do go on, don't I. :eek:

Anyway - hello - I am here - and I hope to get to know some of you and learn by your successes (and even failures) and hope I can once, acheive the dream that is the very first thought when I open my eyes in the morning, and the last thought before drifting off to sleep - and that is to be thin. And to once again love myself.

Thanks. :eek:

Hey

Hi, I have been on LL for 23 weeks and have lost 8 1/2 stone. I discovered this site today whilst surfing the web for some inspriration as I am having a difficult time with abstinence at the moment.

I have 6 1/2 stone to go, so I need some serious but kicking to keep me with it!

Hi, I have been on LL for 23 weeks and have lost 8 1/2 stone. I discovered this site today whilst surfing the web for some inspriration as I am having a difficult time with abstinence at the moment.

I have 6 1/2 stone to go, so I need some serious but kicking to keep me with it!

Wow Redcadence! THas it an amazing result....I can imagine you are very proud of yourself, and I can understand having a difficult moment!! Abstaining for 23 weeks takes an amazing amount of will power. Well done you!

I am starting LL in January, and I am frightened I won't be able to abstain. Though I have seen loads of encouragement here.

You are more then half way to your goal - thats wonderful - you are un the downhill slope now. perhaps when you get the urge to step off the plan, remember that, and that downhill is so much nicer then uphill, and you wouldn;t want to go back to where you have come from.

You are really an inspiration. Keep on going - you know you can do it!!! As you have been doing it!!!

Hang in there. :)

Wow Redcadence! THas it an amazing result....I can imagine you are very proud of yourself, and I can understand having a difficult moment!! Abstaining for 23 weeks takes an amazing amount of will power. Well done you!

I am starting LL in January, and I am frightened I won't be able to abstain. Though I have seen loads of encouragement here.

You are more then half way to your goal - thats wonderful - you are un the downhill slope now. perhaps when you get the urge to step off the plan, remember that, and that downhill is so much nicer then uphill, and you wouldn;t want to go back to where you have come from.

You are really an inspiration. Keep on going - you know you can do it!!! As you have been doing it!!!

Hang in there. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I have totally lost control this week, but I am off to my group tonight which I know will help me. Plus, I ate last night and I am seriously paying for it today. Total food hangover!! I need to get a grip, otherwise I will end up on the other side of crimbo having put on a stone or more!!

Thanks again! LL is the best thing I have even done. Abstinence isn't that hard for the majority of the time, after the first few days, it just becomes normal. I am trying to get back to that place and get some control!

Good luck for January!

Thanks for the encouragement! I have totally lost control this week, but I am off to my group tonight which I know will help me. Plus, I ate last night and I am seriously paying for it today. Total food hangover!! I need to get a grip, otherwise I will end up on the other side of crimbo having put on a stone or more!!

Thanks again! LL is the best thing I have even done. Abstinence isn't that hard for the majority of the time, after the first few days, it just becomes normal. I am trying to get back to that place and get some control!

Good luck for January!

THank you too - I am looking forward to getting started and to hopefully, after many years of heartache, acheive my goal!! I am scared - but I am more exhilerhated and can't wait.

I have about 8 or 9 stone to lose I reckon - so seeing people acheieve what you have gives me great hope.

Good luck tonight. I am sure that will help you refocus. And Christmas will be over in 3 weeks - just grit your teeth and you'll get through it unscathed!!

I'll be rooting for you!!

:party0011::party0011: :talk017::party0011::party0011:

Hi I'm Clare. I started L.L on 21st May 2007 and completed the 14 weeks plus a few weeks of Development and lost 6 stones 5.5lbs then I started to waiver a bit. I decided to have Christmas off and my plan was always to start Abstinence again after Xmas. I went for my weigh in yesterday and have put the best part of a stone back on but today is day 1 of my next 14 weeks. I'm so excited as I know I'm going to be pleased with the result and after this first week (which is torture) I'll be fine. Good Luck to everyone!!! Just think, once this is over we have the rest of our lives to enjoy our new found thinness!!!

Back