Lots of weight to shift...

YummyMummy2B

Silver Member
Heelllooo
My original goal was set at 9.5st, within a healthy BMI, but I think thats 'too' much

So I've set a new goal of 11st and will re-evaluate once there, will possibly still be classed as overweight but its less overweight than I am now.

Looking forward to 'meeting' more people with alot to loose x

Hi

I too have only recently joined this forum. I have always been overweight but it was not until I realised I was over 32 stone that I was galvanised into finally doing something. Over the next 18 months I lost 130lbs. Unfortunately I then started a new job and 50lbs has creaped back on over the last two years.

I am now back on the fat loss road and only this morning I am back to 100lbs less than my initial start weight. I still have over 150lbs to lose to get my ideal weight and this time I am determined to do it. (Honest)

If, like me, you do have a lot of weight to lose, I have found that the best way to do it is to focus on small goals such as losing Xlbs over Y weeks. In this way we should all end up literally a shadow of the people we once were.

I put 9 stone as my goal orginally too, i am only 5'2 and the healthy range for that is 9 stone, I have changed mine to 10 now, and when I get closer i will reassess the situation! i think the goal weight is just a figure - my lowest ever weight 8 stone 10 and i was still a size 14.. so I just dont know, time will tell!

hey yummyMummy2B well done on your 18lbs so far! I agree with dontcallmetracey, trying for little goals makes it seem a bit easier, why not set up another tracker and a mini-goal of a few stone for christmas or new year?

I think I might do that! The big number on my tracker scares me! I will set a mini one for the begging of dec (8weeks) Then Hopefully I'll reach it for my 21st bday.

Im going to aim for 19lbs, just over 2lbs per week. If hit that I'll be over the moon =]

I totally agree..

Huge numbers are terrifying (unless they are in the loss column.. then they are very friendly indeed ;)) so use little goals to keep yourself motivated, come on and tell us how you are doing often (so we can cheer for you :happy036:), and move onto the next one.
I think of Icemoose and his incredible focus (he lost 12 stone in 6 months, never wavered once and learned a lot about himself on the way) and know that it CAN be done.

Attitude seems to be 9/10ths of the battle.. and you've got a fantastic attitude!

Juno ..

i agree with setting small goals, i am just starting out too (again) it seems such a high number that i have to lose, i set my goal first at 10 stone which i think is the healthy range for my height, but like you i have now changed it to around 12 stone when i get there i will see how i feel its much better than the 20 stone i am now. i have set myself a small goal of 1 stone to lose by xmas and anything more will be a bonus. Its a hard road and very bumpy, but we will all get there, i agree too that attitude counts and you definitely have the right one.
Well done on you fantastic 18 pound loss so far.
xxx

I totally agree..

Huge numbers are terrifying (unless they are in the loss column.. then they are very friendly indeed ;)) so use little goals to keep yourself motivated, come on and tell us how you are doing often (so we can cheer for you :happy036:), and move onto the next one.
I think of Icemoose and his incredible focus (he lost 12 stone in 6 months, never wavered once and learned a lot about himself on the way) and know that it CAN be done.

Attitude seems to be 9/10ths of the battle.. and you've got a fantastic attitude!

Juno ..

I love your tracker! And wow 12st...blimming hell!

I totally agree..

Juno ..

12 stone in 6 months is a lot :O well done to him though.

I'm hoping to reach 10 stone, it seems a sensible enough weight.

Back