Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Just reading some of these posts is really helpful!! i have a lot to lose as well, and hoping slimming world works this time! I am enjoying what you can eat, instead of being told what not to eat!! Good luck to everyone else!!

Hiya,

I am looking to lose the same around 6.5 Stones!! This is my second week.

Feeling positive :)

Thought of sharing a Simple Recipe with All

Recipe for my Syn Free Chicken with Peppers:

Fry the chicken in fry light with a minced garlic until cooked.(put aside)
Fry in the Onions + Green and Red Peppers.
Put in the OXO chicken Cube (Syn Free) + Hot water
After 1-2 boils put back the chicken and let the water dry off.
The chicken soaks the water and flavours.

I had it with the Salad on the side for dinner.

Kanika :)

Hey guys....

Just wanted to wish you all the bet of luck. This time last year I weighed in at 21st 9.5 lbs and I currently weigh 13st 7 lbs. My weigh in is tomorrow so its hopefully it's actually a little less than that!!!

If you ever feel yourself flagging I find it really helps to come on here and read everyone's success stories as well as in the sw magazine and online!!

Have a fantastic time enjoying sw!

bexiboo87 said:
Hey guys....

Just wanted to wish you all the bet of luck. This time last year I weighed in at 21st 9.5 lbs and I currently weigh 13st 7 lbs. My weigh in is tomorrow so its hopefully it's actually a little less than that!!!

If you ever feel yourself flagging I find it really helps to come on here and read everyone's success stories as well as in the sw magazine and online!!

Wooow!! Uve done amazing.. That's a lot of weight to loose in a year.. What are you doing SW? I've done it before and lost 2stone but found it abit slow going so I've switched to WW propoints after starting to gain again..

I have 6 stone to get to a healthy 10st 7lb but I have set mine at 10st 10 lb ...but considering first SW weigh in was 1/2 lb on that is going up not down ....groan

HotSauce said:
Wooow!! Uve done amazing.. That's a lot of weight to loose in a year.. What are you doing SW? I've done it before and lost 2stone but found it abit slow going so I've switched to WW propoints after starting to gain again..

Hey.

Yeh I'm doing sw. I usually follow the EE plan as that seems to work for me.

I had the complete opposite to you, I started WW a good few years ago and lost 3 stone. Then put it all back on again! I think different things work better for different people and fit better around are individual lifes!

Hey guys....

Hey,

U have done amazingly well!! Wow - You are an inspirational to all who think it is impossile to lose wt. (ME specially)...I have always been the bigger one right from school and till date!! and have seen the scales go up, up and up!! Have had emotional times with family - as they are all concerned bout my health.. Know it all but always found an excuse to not do it!!

But reading what u have accomplished, has definitely given me a Ray of Hope - I will continue till I get into a healthy me :)
I am also on SW - EE plan and find it easy so far to continue as there are not much restrictions!!

Do you write a Diary or anthing?? I would love to read your journey :) I record mine as a log book more than a diary!!

Keep going Strong,
Thanks. Kanika...xx :)

bexiboo87 said:
Hey.

Yeh I'm doing sw. I usually follow the EE plan as that seems to work for me.

I had the complete opposite to you, I started WW a good few years ago and lost 3 stone. Then put it all back on again! I think different things work better for different people and fit better around are individual lifes!

Yeh defaintly different diets work for different people :) well done so far and goodluck gettin to ur goal..

Hey,

U have done amazingly well!! Wow - You are an inspirational to all who think it is impossile to lose wt. (ME specially)...I have always been the bigger one right from school and till date!! and have seen the scales go up, up and up!! Have had emotional times with family - as they are all concerned bout my health.. Know it all but always found an excuse to not do it!!

But reading what u have accomplished, has definitely given me a Ray of Hope - I will continue till I get into a healthy me :)
I am also on SW - EE plan and find it easy so far to continue as there are not much restrictions!!

Do you write a Diary or anthing?? I would love to read your journey :) I record mine as a log book more than a diary!!

Keep going Strong,
Thanks. Kanika...xx :)

Thank you for your kind words!

I always thought it was difficult to lose weight and part of it was because I just couldn't be bothered. I always found reasons, excuses to avoid doing it. It wasn't until last year when I was going to bed and finding it hard to breathe that I knew I had to do something about it. It was a wake up call, I thought I shouldn't be 24 and worrying about health problems like that! Before that it didn't matter what people said to me I just didn't want to do anything about the weight but feel sorry for myself. I would go to bed and say tomorrow I will be healthy but of course I carried on the same as the day before. I guess something just clicked in my head last summer.

I honestly find it the easiest plan in the world. People at my group often ask how I do it.. how I've done so well and the simple answer is, I've stuck to it!! I've had good and bad weeks but I have come so far that I don't want to give up. Plus it feels so nice to buy clothes from "normal" sections of shops.

I still live my life to the fullest, I go out for dinner regularly with friends but just make sensible choices. And that is another big change, my social life... I had started to avoid my friends and it wasn't until I started losing the weight that I realised what I had been doing and why. I was just so unhappy that I didn't want to spend too much time with them but now I see them all the time!

I don't really keep a diary, I used to.. but if I feel the need to then some weeks I do.

Good luck with your weight loss, you can do it and remember your doing it for you and no one else!!!

Wow Bexiboo, you have done amazingly well, I hope I can replicate your success. I know what you mean about feeling less sociable and the good intentions the night before just fall away into a dream.

I had weigh in today, dropped 2.5lbs, one of the 5 slimmers of the week, nominated for group woman of the year (can you believe it?!) and I just noticed earlier my BMI has dropped from obese (III) to obese (II) I know "normal" people won't really get it but I was so happy as it is another mini goal ticked off my list. next mini goal is -1.5lbs to get into the next stone bracket, then a further 1.5lbs to get my 3.5 stone award. I am one happy bunny today!

Thank you for your kind words!

I always thought it was difficult to lose weight and part of it was because I just couldn't be bothered. I always found reasons, excuses to avoid doing it. It wasn't until last year when I was going to bed and finding it hard to breathe that I knew I had to do something about it. It was a wake up call, I thought I shouldn't be 24 and worrying about health problems like that! Before that it didn't matter what people said to me I just didn't want to do anything about the weight but feel sorry for myself. I would go to bed and say tomorrow I will be healthy but of course I carried on the same as the day before. I guess something just clicked in my head last summer.

I honestly find it the easiest plan in the world. People at my group often ask how I do it.. how I've done so well and the simple answer is, I've stuck to it!! I've had good and bad weeks but I have come so far that I don't want to give up. Plus it feels so nice to buy clothes from "normal" sections of shops.

I still live my life to the fullest, I go out for dinner regularly with friends but just make sensible choices. And that is another big change, my social life... I had started to avoid my friends and it wasn't until I started losing the weight that I realised what I had been doing and why. I was just so unhappy that I didn't want to spend too much time with them but now I see them all the time!

I don't really keep a diary, I used to.. but if I feel the need to then some weeks I do.

Good luck with your weight loss, you can do it and remember your doing it for you and no one else!!!

That's great!! a Big WOW :) Last week wasnt my best but i hope to continue this journey till I reach my goal :)
And this time I am doing it for myself!!!

Wow Bexiboo, you have done amazingly well, I hope I can replicate your success. I know what you mean about feeling less sociable and the good intentions the night before just fall away into a dream.

I had weigh in today, dropped 2.5lbs, one of the 5 slimmers of the week, nominated for group woman of the year (can you believe it?!) and I just noticed earlier my BMI has dropped from obese (III) to obese (II) I know "normal" people won't really get it but I was so happy as it is another mini goal ticked off my list. next mini goal is -1.5lbs to get into the next stone bracket, then a further 1.5lbs to get my 3.5 stone award. I am one happy bunny today!

Well Done you!! i can imagine how good u must be feeling.. I haven't seen the so called 'OVerweight' BMI in like 20 yrs.... leave alone 'normal'... Very impressive on how you have managed to lose all that and be nominated- brilliant :happy096:!!
I hope u reach your target wt. super sooon.....I am on EE on SW and hoping to achieve my goal soon too!!

oh yay, how close are you to target? I have my first interim target set at 4 stone 1lb, which is 11lbs away (exciting) but my ultimate target is quite a way away. How long have you been doing sw? I mix all three plans at sw because i like change, and my body seems to respond to change too. I think I've always been obese to be honest.

HEy... I am currently at 16st 7 lbs.... So got almost 6 stone to go!! I will be happy when i make that!! I just started SW for the first time in 4 weeks ago :) Its going ok so far! I dont particularly stick to EE, so i guess i might be doing more red days...to be honest dont know the difference..I need to read up again on that!! Its gr how far u have come... how long did it tk u to lose soo much?

I'd love to be 10 stone, so I've got about 6 stone more to lose now.

that's nice we three have roughly the same amount to lose :) I started jan 18th this year. so about 6 and a half months... nearly 7. Kanika, i'd stick with extra easy then introduce red and green days when you start to lag, it kind of shocks your body into dropping more again, after doing red and green for a few weeks i did a week of extra easy and i dropped 2.5lbs again, so that was good!

Hi all, what an inspiring thread! Can I join in? I started SW at the beginning of August weighing in at 19st 10.5lbs and am looking to lose 9 stones in all.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in April this year, I've never felt so ashamed as I knew my weight and diet must have been the largest contributing factor. I started making an effort to lose weight which I was doing but it didn't last long and before I knew it I was well into self-destruct mode, stuffing my face with chocolate and chinese takeaways. I was getting bigger and bigger.

A couple of weeks ago I realised I have to see my doctor in September and remembered how bad I felt the last time I saw him and the next day joined SW. It's not just for my health that I want to lose weight, I'd love to wear nice clothes and get underwear that fits (I can't even get a bra at Evans that fits me!) but most importantly, I'd love to be able to cuddle my granddaughter as she sits on my lap...cos at the moment, my lap is non-existent!!

So, although 9 stones seems a mountain to climb, on this thread I have seen people that have achieved this or are well onto their way and this gives me hope and encouragement. Thanks :)

Hi guys I am feeling a bi stuck, has anyone else here plateued. I seem to be strruggling at the moment and dont quite know why, I exercise daily (alot per day) and am so good diet wise. I still have 2.5 stone to go to get to my target and for the first time in a long time its starting to feel like an impossible task.

Back