Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I have 7 stone to lose, don't know how I got in the situation because I have never been an awful eater but must have done something wrong! I am doing Slimming World but doing weigh-ins at home because I don't want to go to the meetings as my town is small & I don't want to see people from my old school etc :( Anyone found it works by doing their own weigh ins etc? :cool:

I have 7 stone to lose, don't know how I got in the situation because I have never been an awful eater but must have done something wrong! I am doing Slimming World but doing weigh-ins at home because I don't want to go to the meetings as my town is small & I don't want to see people from my old school etc :( Anyone found it works by doing their own weigh ins etc? :cool:

i find the class very motivational. I wouldn't worry about what others think. You are all there for the same reason.

believer2012 said:

I've only just started SW but a few years ago I did weightwatchers from home and managed to lose 4.5 stone. So weighing in from home does work but you need to keep motivated! If you're not going to a class you should definitely use this forum to get ideas/ask questions/get support as that's what you would be missing in a class. Also you have to be strict with yourself - if you know you've had a bad week you still have to have your weigh in, and record whatever it is - you can't avoid it just cause you're afraid it's not going to be a good result! I got my husband involved and we have a weigh in together once a week so I can't skip it! I know that wouldn't be for everyone though. Best of luck - Im in a similar position to you, Im doing SW from home and have a good bit to lose (10st) so if you ever want to chat just drop me a line :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i join sw about 3 weeks ago and finding very hard so would love to come on here a chat to you and if you have any good tips for please do tell and good luck

I've only been on SW myself for a few weeks but what I've found works really well for me is eating plenty of superfree fruit and veg (as advised by SW). Personally I've found it really helps, by filling you up and shifting along the weight loss. I've been making my own soup containing lots of fresh chopped superfree veg, some mixed beans and tinned tomatoes. It's pretty tasty and if you make a big batch then it will last a few days so it's great option for a superfree lunch with HEXB bread.

If you like puddings (I love em) then I can recommend a small meringue nest (Syn values vary so check but they tend to be around three) with superfree strawberries and either fat free natural yogurt or a free Mullerlight. Feels quite indulgent but low Syn.

I'm not a fan or fruit and veg but finding ways to incorporate them into your meals does seem to really help so I feel it's worth the effort and I am learning to appreciate them!

Good luck with your plan.

thankyou i will stock up on fruit and veg hope fully i will have lost tomorrow good luck to you

How is everyone getting on this week? I'm just back from group and I managed to lose 4.5 pounds this week, I got slimmer of the week and even won the raffle so I've had a good morning!

I am really pleased with my progress, I'm averaging three pounds per week loss - although it's only my first five weeks so I know this may settle down and change.

Still, the best thing is that it doesn't even feel like a diet!

Hi I am pleased you have had a good week, it feels good getting slimmer of the week. I have been told I am not eating enough therefore my weight losses are not good lately. Have eaten a LOT this week within the plan of course, and am terrified of going to group as I feel sure I will have put on weight. You are right tho' its a lovely eating plan, one that I truly believe I can stick with. Do you eat all your syns? Tomorrow is weigh day so will let you know how it goes. Good luck and well done x

Hellllloooooo! *waves* I started SW on Monday. Loving it so far, truly am putting my heart and soul into this...I've got around 150lbs to lose but i'm feeling really optimistic. Yay!

hi i only lost 2lb this week hopeing to lose more next week well done on your weight loss

Congratulations Helen that's brilliant! Shona 2lb is great too! Any loss is great, don't be too hard on yourself :)

thankyou but i was really good last week and i only lost 2lb and when im not i lose 4lb not understand it but i did get my 1/2 stone badge

The body is a funny thing sometimes isn't it! Congratulations on the badge :)

thankyou

Thanks everyone! Shona, 2 pounds is still a good loss, if you carry on at a steady rate of 2 pounds per week then that's at least six stones lost in a year! 4.5 pounds sounds a lot but bear in mind I maintained last week and lost 2 pounds the week before that, so it does all even out over the course of a few weeks.

My consultant said you've just got to stick with it because it does work, and even losing a stone so far has made me feel so much better.

Somebody, I know exactly what you mean about the amount of food we can eat and whether we'll still lose. I do make sure I eat all my Syns for the week as my consultant told me when I joined that there is no slimming benefit in NOT having your Syns. So I enjoy them as part of the plan and I couldn't live without chocolate anyway!

My habits are changing, I don't miss the booze at all and I don't eat when bored etc - just when I'm hungry - so I'm not stuffing my face with crisps etc. My consultant also said that as you lose weight and your stomach shrinks a little, you find you can't eat as much as when you first started so although you can have loads of free food, you should always stop eating when you feel full and be aware of portion sizes (but don't go the other way and starve yourself).

Thinking back to my life before SW, we would order huge takeaways and I'd eat all of it to the point where I was not only bloated but uncomfortable. I have never once felt like that on SW and nor have I needed any Rennies for the awful acid reflux I used to get!

Let me know how you get on.

I've had grilled bacon and scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast, I'll be having superspeed soup and salad for lunch then last night's leftover SW lasagne for tea. Syns will be a two-finger Kit Kat, a small meringue nest with strawberries and light chocolate mousse, plus a few for any salad dressing etc or carried over to tomorrow. What diet?!

I agree with Helen I tried lowering my Syns down to 6 a day but I just felt deprived and I lost the same amount of weight as the week before where I had eaten 15syns!!
My stomach has shrunk, I now eat a yogurt or a hi-fi bar for breakfast (I know I should have 1/3 superfree with my breakfast but I'm trying to ease myself into this eating something for breakfast buisness after not eating anything for the last 5+ years lol). I have a big lunch usually then I'm full until dinner and then I have some biscuits with a cup of tea at night. One thing I have found is that I cook loads more!! and not just traditional food like sw lasagnia and chips etc but smash pizza, smash nuggets, experiment with soup and I even experiment with salad and now enjoy grapes and strawberries with lettuce which I would've found absurd before starting lol

Got 16.5 stone to lose. Got into this way partly by comfort eating after my mum died. Currently on my 2nd week of rejoining SW as I've been offered a gastric bypass and would sooner lose it naturally.

Back