Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Mickeyluv said:
Got 16.5 stone to lose. Got into this way partly by comfort eating after my mum died. Currently on my 2nd week of rejoining SW as I've been offered a gastric bypass and would sooner lose it naturally.

You an do this. Good luck on tour journey.

Cheers guys. Really want to do it by Slimming World because I don't want the surgery but I have kept my options open and still go to the group sessions.

I started at 28 stone 1 lbs and already lost 1 stone 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, so I am feeling hopeful!!

Still got a lonnnngggggggggggg way to go, but I know it can be done x

I must admit Slimming World does seem to get the better results if you've got a lot to lose. I done Weight Watchers, lost a pile at the beginning and plateau'd for ages before only losing a pound a week before giving up.

Going to be rejoining group on tuesday but for the last 2wks have been trying to be really good, my orthapaedic doctor wants me to lose 11 stone due to the fact that he might have to give me a hip replacement and is saying no hospital will do it right now because of my weight..

Good luck Angel, my mum had to lose weight for her hip replacement which she's now had done and is feeling so much better in so many ways!

I've lost 2 pounds this weeks, another 3.5 to my next award. It soon comes off on SW!

Got 16.5 stone to lose. Got into this way partly by comfort eating after my mum died. Currently on my 2nd week of rejoining SW as I've been offered a gastric bypass and would sooner lose it naturally.

Good luck MickeyLuv. SW is a great way to lose weight and maintain the weight loss. Hope you do well.

I started at 28 stone 1 lbs and already lost 1 stone 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, so I am feeling hopeful!!

Still got a lonnnngggggggggggg way to go, but I know it can be done x[/QUOTE

That's an excellent start and really motivating. Have you set yourself some achievable mini-targets? That's what keeps me going when the weight loss slows as it does some weeks. Ther are people on here who have lost incredible amounts of weight and maintained it with Slimming World. Wishing you every success.

Going to be rejoining group on tuesday but for the last 2wks have been trying to be really good, my orthapaedic doctor wants me to lose 11 stone due to the fact that he might have to give me a hip replacement and is saying no hospital will do it right now because of my weight..

Wishing you every success Little Angel. You'll be cartwheeling with joy once you have lost the weight and got that new hip. You have an excellent reason to lose the weight and you'll feel so much better for it when it's gone.

I must admit Slimming World does seem to get the better results if you've got a lot to lose. I done Weight Watchers, lost a pile at the beginning and plateau'd for ages before only losing a pound a week before giving up.
With lots to lose, and sticking to plan, I would be disappointed with a pound a week. It is safe to aim for 1% a week. If you weigh 200lbs, don't push for much more than two pounds, if you weigh 300, three pounds and 400 pounds, four pounds a week.

Doesn't mean you'll lose that every week, but it is a realistic target.

I'm not sure, I have stuck to success express to the letter and lost half a lb. I think people's bodies work in different ways. I veered off plan a few times when my brother came to visit and I started to get great results again. Things are a bit wonky right now because I felt constantly hungry Wednesday to friday. I am looking forward to picking up the new magazine on wednesday so I can do the new 7 day plan. I have curbed myself already though. I even left food on my plate yesterday!

Got my 8st award this morning. I'm thrilled. This was by far the hardest sticker to get.

Hi, can I join this thread? I have around 3 stone to lose.

Got my 8st award this morning. I'm thrilled. This was by far the hardest sticker to get.

brilliant well done i have about 10 to lose and its great to see people can lose these amounts.... do you have a diary or a meal plan? I would love to read

Back