Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

firfenwen said:
Hi! Is there room for one more???
I have just come back to SW after a dabble with the new WW plan. Looking forward to eating again!!!

This will be my second attempt. I did really well last year, but then fell pregnant so SW went out of the window - it had to when I craved white bread and butter washed down with OJ!
This time I mean it - aiming for 5 stone this year, then 4 stone next!

My mam is currently doin new ww programme, it very confusing and alot more counting and alot less eating , that's why I think sw suits me'!!! We'll all do it together

madtaff said:
Hi Bugsy, our cooker, washing machine and dishwasher all packed in within 6 weeks of christmas ! Urggggggggg. So know how you feel. Want a wii so will have to try and save for it perhaps with chocolate money LOL. !
Chickpea cake
Ingredients

250 g Chick Peas, Tinned, Organic, Tesco
5 g Vanilla Extract, Average or Almond extract
1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
3 Egg/168g Eggs, Medium, Average
100g Cheese, Quark, Average
25 g Sweetener, Granulated

Method

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees

1. Spray a 7 inch cake tin with fry light and leave to one side.

2. Drain the chick peas and rinse thoroughly with water.

3. Place the chick peas in a blender and blend until smooth then add the eggs and blend again.

4. Add the sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder.

5. Blend again until mixed in.

6. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in the over for 20 mins or until it has risen and is firm to touch.

7. Take out the over and leave to cool.

Whilst the cake is cooling place one tub of quark in a bowl and add sweetener to taste then mix together.

Once the cake has cooled cut in half and add half the quark mixture and sandwich the 2 halves together.

Spread the remaining quark on top of the cake and add some fresh fruit for decoration.

Am sure this was very low syn value have to ask someone else on this site.. just realised haven't got quark will walk to tescos tomorrow. Suppose could use fromage frais.:)

Thanks a mill for recipe!!!

lots to loose

Bugsy found this recipe for cake too!! i love carrot cake
another version 1½ sins on a green day for the whole cake (Following slimming world plan)

tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained

1 tsp baking powder

juice & grated rind of 1 lemon

juice & grated rind 1 orange

2oz canderel

3 eggs.

Line with greaseproof paper and frylight a loaf tin or small cake tin

Preheat oven to 180º /gas mark

Blend the drained chick peas until smooth.

Add baking powder, lemon & orange rind, canderel and eggs, then blend until mixture is smooth and looks like cake mix
Transfer mixture to tin and cook at 180º for approx 40 minutes

Turn out cake onto cooling rack and drizzle with lemon & orange juice and allow to cool

I guess you can adapt the flavouring of the cake to suit or make it so its only ½ for the whole cake by omitting the orange juice

or add grated carrot and cinnamon instead of lemon and orange.

Evening All!! A late shift for me so only just sitting down after my dinner.

Breakfast -weetabix with milk from HE allowance and fruit
Lunch- Curry savoury rice with finely chopped spring onion, tomato, cucumber and mint.
Dinner - frittata with onions, mushrooms, red pepper and tomato served with baked beans and a dash of tabasco.

It was all yummy actually! How has everyone elses day gone?

Hello !!!

Not been on for a couple of days, been too busy eating rubbish before I go to join sw again on Tuesday :'( Is it just me or do others do this final fling thing before starting to diet??

It sounds like the number of members in our group is getting more by the day, and unlike me you have been doing really well. :)

On a positive note for me I've been out on a long walk this morning, and ...... I really enjoyed it!! Going to try and get my activity levels up, I think that is part of my problem. (I don't always eat like a hog, honest).

Anyway night all xx

Yes i have just had my "final fling" before starting tomorrow. Have just had a chinese,red wine and a few chocs!!
Totally dreading the 1st weigh in tomorrow morning, have done nothing but sit on my a**e and eat for the last 2 weeks!!

Yeah but sure we all do that before the big diet!! I always have Chinese one nite and chipper's next nite , swear I was never goin to eat agsin!!!
Good luck tomorrow wit ur weigh ins!!!!

madtaff said:
Bugsy found this recipe for cake too!! i love carrot cake
another version 1½ sins on a green day for the whole cake (Following slimming world plan)

tin chickpeas, rinsed & drained

1 tsp baking powder

juice & grated rind of 1 lemon

juice & grated rind 1 orange

2oz canderel

3 eggs.

Line with greaseproof paper and frylight a loaf tin or small cake tin

Preheat oven to 180º /gas mark

Blend the drained chick peas until smooth.

Add baking powder, lemon & orange rind, canderel and eggs, then blend until mixture is smooth and looks like cake mix
Transfer mixture to tin and cook at 180º for approx 40 minutes

Turn out cake onto cooling rack and drizzle with lemon & orange juice and allow to cool

I guess you can adapt the flavouring of the cake to suit or make it so its only ½ for the whole cake by omitting the orange juice
or add grated carrot and cinnamon instead of lemon and orange.

That sounds amazing too!!!! I love carrot cake too!!! Such little syns?!!! Prob keep well too wouldn't it!!

That cake sounds lush!! all out of quark today, they better have some tomorrow :0) xx thanks for the recipe xxx
Morrisons was out of quark yesterday and Sainsburys only had one left today whats going on has England gone quark mad?

xx

At least ye can get it I can't get it anywhere at all!!!

Hi, another one with lots to lose here! I'm currently at 16 st.10 lbs and want to get to about 9 and a half stone. Long way to go, seems so daunting!

My big 24 hour tesco was completely out of fry light today - the chap said 'well everyones started a diet havent they....we will have lots in next week!'

our Asda had it in the "whoopsie" chiller at the front reduced to 29p a tub.. but the sell by date was today..
maybe there's a shortage due to the weather delaying delivery of milk to, or product from the place it's made.

Well good morning all! A very positive start to a Monday morning with 6lbs off! :D:clap::D for me! That brings me just half a pond short of my pre xmas weight so I'm pretty pleased with myself! Good luck to everyone else weighing in today - lets hope you're all as smiley as I am :p

That's just wonderful news for the start of the week, well done Lesley!!! U must be thrilled!!!! And nearly at wat u were before Xmas!!! Congrats!!!

Well done - that's such a brilliant result!

Well done Leslie that's brilliant! :) xxx

Back