Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Welcome to all the newbies, I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing in your journeys.

Ilovecake - woooooohooooooo!!! Well done lovely girl, fantastic! You must be feeling great! I'm really hoping to reach 2.5 stone off on Thursday - I've been on plan all week so heres keeping everything crossed! I only need a pound so hopefully even in this crazy hard to plan stressful period of my working life I can at least achieve that!

HE, I'm loving the attitude, you're so right, this is real life and sometime you gotta do whats right for you. So long as the overall pattern is one of loss, a few little meanders along the way won't hurt, and may even motivate you to keep on going.

Twizted -you OK honey?

Well I have the most excellent news to share. I lost 4lb at weigh in which means I got my 3 stone award!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! I got SOTW too. I sooo needed a decent loss, I've worked hard for it. I've set my next goal as 2 stone, I'll have another 3 to lose after that (I think).
I've taken some -3stone pics for my journey, hoping one day I'll have the courage to show the b4 pics to you all.x

Yayness!!! :) We both 3 stoners then :) Well done! Ahhh the photo thing, i keep meaning to take a pic of myself now Ive reached 3 stone... Ive dug out a pic of me last year before I started this to compare it to but I cant bring myself to upload it :eek: ridiculous really when we walk around displaying it to the world every day anyway:sigh:

Ermintrude, it will be a valuable part of your journey, take those pics. :D

Cherry pie, thanks and good luck for your weigh in. It means so much to see the results when you've worked for it, keeps it do-able. :D

Twisted, how are you, I hope the gallstones are behaving.x

Morning all, it's so good to know i am not alone in my long long journey! I have a lot to lose also, had the shock of my life and went home and cried my heart out the day i joined, 2 weeks ago now. Am looking forward to keeping up to date on this thread and seeing everyone on their journeys!xx

Hello newbies lol welcome to the best place EVER!! Im doing SW from home...cant afford to go to class or do it online and this website plus everyone on here have been SOOOOOO helpful you will never have any doubts again. I started In December 2010 (yeah i know bad time of year lol - but had to start sometime!):sigh: and needed to lose 6st!! oh gees that amount of weight i couldnt believe it would be possible - i know how you feel tinksie, ermintrude, tibby17, chloecat & banishwobbleforever - i think we all do...anyway morale of the story is i am now nearly 3stone lighter then i was 6months ago and fell so much better for it and that 6st i thought id never be able to do i have nearly got rid 50% of it!!!

You can all do it...takes time...but the results are so worth it :D :D :D :D

Sorry for my babbling lol

Have a good week

I'm glad i found this site and registered, going to be very useful i think :)

Morning all, it's so good to know i am not alone in my long long journey! I have a lot to lose also, had the shock of my life and went home and cried my heart out the day i joined, 2 weeks ago now. Am looking forward to keeping up to date on this thread and seeing everyone on their journeys!xx

No need for tears, you've faced it and now with the right determination you can change it. I made an absolute vow to myself this January that no matter what, I would NEVER see that number again. I don't care how slowly it comes off, but I'm not going back there!
Good luck with your journey - keep posting on here, its a fab resource.

I hope everyone else is having a good week? I'm loving all this summer fruit that has come into season - I will look like a strawberry soon!! In my fridge there are 2 punnets each of strawberries, raspberries, 1 of cherries with 2 mangos, 2 pineapples and a pack of nectarines ripening on the windowsill - with all that lot, I have no excuse for not reaching for the good stuff!!!

Thanks Cherry Pie - i think the tears were shock related too! Have a lot more positive head on after that 1st day :)

Morning All! Been ages since I have been on. Have been a bit unfocused so really need to get back here and utilise the support of the forum. Have still had losses - though how I really don't know as I have been pretty bad (thankfully not as bad as I was before SW). Anyway, am back and on track! Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Well, I went in expecting to maintain, or maybe a small gain after having a 'weekend off'. Went and paid, spoke to my consultant, told her I wasnt expecting anything good, but it was ok because I was prepared for it and now back no track.

Stepped on the scales..................5lb. 5lb!!!!!!! Oh, erm.... thats 5lb OFF!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Hang on that doesnt make sense. Im expecting a gain. Im expecting to be going the other way this week. 5lb off?!?!?!?! Couldnt believe what I was looking at, but there it was. 5lb off!!!! I know its not a major thing in the grand scheme, and its only 2% of what I want to lose overall, but 5lb off when Im expecting 2lb on is massive to me, its a 7lb swing!

Top top that off its given me my 3st award, which made me very happy. Its got me to an area where I am going to be hitting lots of mini checkpoints now...
  • Club 10 - 1lb
  • 1/6th weight loss achieved - 2lb
  • 3 1/2st award - 4lb
  • 50lb total lost - 5lb
...and there are plenty more after that aswell. But for now I am more than 3st lighter than when I started, Im under 30st, Im the lightest I have been in about 4 years.

I know there is still a long long way to go, but I simply dont care right now. I am so happy with what happened last night, I went home and celebrated by eating a banana haha.

Im just so happy this week!! :D:D:D

Last edited:
good morning all! need to start posting on here more, i find it keeps me on track!!

Very well done HE!!! 5lbs off when you expected a gain must be a wonderful feeling!!

I love posts that like! when you can just sense someones happiness in a post!! keeps the motivation going

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Well Done, your achievements are fantastic, keep up the good work, i'm looking forward to setting some mini goals when they look more reachable!

Had you done anything different during the week that you hadn't realised that may have had a positive affect? Congrats on the 3 stone and on your other milestones :) x

Ive been trying to think what I have done differently as my consultant asked me last night and I was at a loss.

But today thinking about it we have changed our milk brand, and I ate a hell of a lot more fruit this week compared to last week. Whether they are enough to make 5lb difference I dont know. But they are the only changes I can think of.

Can I join here I've got loads to lose about 5 stone 9lbs :(

Tomorrow is my first week weigh in (doing it from home)

Can't believe I've been trying for nearly 5 years to lose this weight and each time I'm whizz back up even more

Determined this time

Can I join here I've got loads to lose about 5 stone 9lbs :(

Tomorrow is my first week weigh in (doing it from home)

Can't believe I've been trying for nearly 5 years to lose this weight and each time I'm whizz back up even more

Determined this time

You are more than welcome, pull up a chair. Theres lots of great advice and some friendly people on here.

I am on for my second weigh in tonight - fingers crossed. I am so good when i first start so i shouldn't need to cross anything really lol x

Lost 4 tonight, so 11 in total in 2 weeks :D x

Nice losses! And welcome newbies.

Now I'm getting my hopes up for a big one tomorrow...3.5 please!

Good Luck!

My aim for this week is to start a little bit of exercise and drink more water :) As well as lose 3lb *crosses fingers* to get my stone award :)

Where are you going on holiday? I think you should do it early so that you don't feel guilty whilst you are away, or do they have a gym you can use and do an extra session there on the tuesday? I know you want to relax but you're obviously thinking a lot about it and don't want it all consuming whilst away!

Back