ProPoints Lots to lose: Trying to refind the wagon!!!!

I've been doing propoints for 3 weeks, I have 32 points a day plus the 49 weeklys. And in 3 weeks I've lost 2lb (I had a weekend off over valentines cos I was away). I've never been as determined as I have this time to lose the weight but its going really slowly - I'm assuming its because of retaining water.
I've just finished a 45 minute workout from an old WW DVD, I've pulled a muscle already haha!
How is everyone else finding the PP system??

hey ya

dont chat i went to the gym on friday night and my back is in agony lol. im findin it very confusin! and hard to think of quick and simple low point meals to eat xxxx

I do my WW at home so I dont attend meetings. My WI is sundays so today, and no change for me this week.
I posted a salad dressing recipe in the recipes section. I fry a tuna steak in a couple of sprays of frylight and put it on top of a rocket salad with the dressing and its 7pp - takes about 8 minutes for the steak to cook and you can make the dressing in advance and it keeps, so it can be really quick. I get my tuna steaks from farm foods, they come in packs & its two packs for £5 (about 5 steaks in each pack).

that sounds really nice. must try it! my weigh in on thursday but havent had one yet! i actually cant wait till then to see how i done xxxx

let us know how you get on, i'd love to know! xxx good luck hun

Hey ladies, I weigh on a Saturday, didn't go this week as had stuff on plus time of the month. Hopefully I'll get a mega loss next week...

aw let us know how u get on chika!!!!

i'm jus about to have breakfast, weetabix and a bannana (exciting) lol. my fellas in the middle of makin himself sausages, scrambled eggs and toast!!! :(

i work in a fish and chip shop!!! does not help matters! anyone any ideas what i could make for lunch while im in there!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

I can't stand weetabix! I still have things like sausage sarnies and scrambled eggs for brekkie I just make sure my breakfast is grilled or done in Frylight and I also use Quorn sausages cos of being a veggie. I think that breakfast and lunch should be quite big & dinner should be small & minimal carbs because carbs are sugar that will just turn to fat overnight cos ur body stores it. So have a big pasta or rice dish at lunch because you've got the rest of the day to work it off.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

aw that sounds great. i might boil some rice at work and have some chicken and a wee wee bit of curry wit it! thanks. its while hard at work to find something that will fill u till u get home. because its so tempting to stick ur hand in the chip tray and pop some in ur mouth lol. i was gonna eat a chicken salad but its so borin. i love hot food! cold food does nothing for me! xxxxxx what sort of things do u eat for dinner? xxx

I dont think I would have the willpower to not eat chips I love them! If I am naughty or do have a high carb dinner I usually do 30 mins of exercise to balance it a bit.
Dinners are normally salads and soups, I have things like a Quorn fillets, chicken pieces or sometimes I do have seafood very occasionally for a change. I'm vegetarian and shouldn't really eat fish but to be honest I don't feel cruel about eating seafood because a lot of seafood is just membrane (like scallops) so they don't feel pain. Fish is so much better than red or white meat, nutritionally.
Omlettes are also a good dinner with a side salad, or sometimes if I have time I make my own veggie burgers from soya beans or lentils.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

How's it going ladies? I agree wildtrapeze about having big meals earlier on in the day. I've taken to eating quorn too, it's soooo low in points and doesn't taste too bad at all.

Made a fab 0 point soup today, curried butternut squash and carrot. I'm not the biggest soup fan but this one tastes ok.

Hope you're having a good day x

the receipe is in the ww startin pack, but i think ive seen it on this site somewhere if u try searchin for it u should get it!!!! i had my rice at lunch time, and had loads of fruit since. am a bit peckish now but am sooo tired i cant be bothered to make anything (lazy lol).

i havent found today hard (thank-god) cant wait till payday to get a good food shop in! hopefully will help if i have loads of healthy food in the cupboard, xxxxxxxx

oh sorry jus looked at chika's post and it must be a different soup than i have, in my book is spicy tomato and butternut soup oooops

Ah I just made it up. I've probably read about it somewhere and stored it. I only had carrots and squash in the kitchen and wanted something 0points. Basically I just chopped them up sprinkled with curry powder, added a chopped chilli and a couple of garlic cloves. Roasted this for half an hour, then popped into a pan with water and vegetable bouillon. Brought to boil, turned down and simmered and blended when done.

No soup I make ever tastes the same. I should really start measuring stuff!

So I could use any vegetables really but use vegetable buillion?? Spicy tomato sounds lovely!

whats vegtable bullion? yeah i think u can use most veg except the ones u have to count! will post the spicy tomatoe receipe now for u xxxxxxx

serves 6

ingredients

6 large tomatoes
1 large butternut squash peeled and deseeded
2 large red onions
1 medium red pepper, deseeded
1 stick celery
1 carrot, peeled
4 cloves garlic
1 red chilli, deseeded

preheat the oven to 190c gas mark 5. cut tomatoes squash onion pepper celery and carrot into chunks, and finely dice the garlic and chilli. place all the vegetables into a large roastin tin. season generously with salt and toss together. place into the oven and roast for 45 minutes. turnin the vegetables every 15 minutes or so.

place the roasted vegetables into a food processor with 500ml boiling water and blitz until smooth (do this in batches if necessary) pour the mixture through a sieve into a large deep saucepan, pressing down with a ladle to squash the vegetable puree through the mesh.

add another 500ml boiling water to the smooth soup. bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. season to taste and ladle into warmed bowls to serve.

Brilliant! Thank you! :D
Im making it tomorrow, i'll let you know how it goes!

Back