Lots to lose....

Hi all!

I'm new here, been lurking for a week but decided to pop my head up and say hello!

I've got a lot of weight to lose, about 9 stone, and wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help make it seem less daunting? :eek:
I could do with setting myself some mini goals but I'm not sure what - any ideas?

I'm on SS, day 5, and have been OK so far - bit hard at weekend when my friend ate a Mc D's in front of me but I felt good that I'd stuck to my guns.

Thanks v much - I love this site, it's really helping knowing there's lots of people in the same CD boat! Makes me think yep - I'm gonna kick some (big) ass and get myself where I want to be :)

xxx

Hey Icanandiwill

I find mini goals easier, make sure when you achieve these goals you treat yourself, a trip to the cinema, nail varnish or lipstick - something little but rewarding and then set yourself your next mini goal - the more weight you lose the bigger the treat - a tip is sell off your 'big' clothes on ebay or similar - you know you're never going back there and it will raise some funds for your new smaller sized wardrobe - keep going!! ;)

icanandiwill! said:
Hi all!

I'm new here, been lurking for a week but decided to pop my head up and say hello!

I've got a lot of weight to lose, about 9 stone, and wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help make it seem less daunting? :eek:
I could do with setting myself some mini goals but I'm not sure what - any ideas?

I'm on SS, day 5, and have been OK so far - bit hard at weekend when my friend ate a Mc D's in front of me but I felt good that I'd stuck to my guns.

Thanks v much - I love this site, it's really helping knowing there's lots of people in the same CD boat! Makes me think yep - I'm gonna kick some (big) ass and get myself where I want to be :)

xxx

Hey,

Well done on getting past the horrible bit!! I started off at 18st 7 and I found having my first goal to be in the 17's then it was getting to 17st 7 then in the 16's etc. so my focus was a couple of pounds! Its working starting my 4th week today :) xx

Thanks Sirhowybird and Anna13!! I'm going to plan some (non food, for once!) treats in, and set some mini weight goals. Had first weigh in and lost 12lb so now at 18st 6. Will aim for the 17's now! xxx

Hi all!

xxx

my best line of advice would be dont think in terms of weeks or stones just tackle everyday one day at a time.
good luck x

Thanks Mo-Jo! Seeing how well you've done spurs me on - well done you! Hope I can do that well. One day at a time is a good idea x

Hi all!

xxx

You were me, a few months back :)
I started in March with 9 stone to lose, and now i have just over 3 to go.
I've lost almost 6 stone and i'm SO proud of myself.
Feel free to read my diary and have a little look at my before & after pictures if you need some motivation.. This diet really is a life journey & its tought me so much about my old eating habits, my soon to be new ones, and just about myself in general. I'd reccomend this to just about anyone.. & If i can do it, the worlds most laziest slob who ever lived, ANYONE can :) x

You were me, a few months back :)
I started in March with 9 stone to lose, and now i have just over 3 to go.
I've lost almost 6 stone and i'm SO proud of myself.
Feel free to read my diary and have a little look at my before & after pictures if you need some motivation.. This diet really is a life journey & its tought me so much about my old eating habits, my soon to be new ones, and just about myself in general. I'd reccomend this to just about anyone.. & If i can do it, the worlds most laziest slob who ever lived, ANYONE can :) x

Im another one like Sinead and started at the end Feb / start of March, I have now Lost over 6 stone dispite thinking I would be hapy to lose 5 the plan is addictive because of the fanstic results. I now want to lose around 7 and half stone in total so still over a stone to go but it can be done !

Set yourself smaller goals and they will come quicker. Weigh doesnt always have to be a goal, It could be getting into a item of clothing you have grown out of ? Buying a smaller size to slim into ( I love that one ) No matter what goals you set yourself if you stick to plan you will do it !

This place is amazing for support so feel free to ask questions, read posts and get to know people.
Keep us posted on how your getting on and good luck x x x

im also new to the diet :) im on day 9 tbh i havnt set myself any proper 'goals' yet i have an ideal weight but ive always said the numbers dont really mean much to me its how i look that matters i started at 14st so 12st sounds heavy still to me but if i lost 2 stone and i looked good like my tummy had gone then id be happy at 12 stone if you know what i mean, i definatly think clothes are a good incentive i still have a beautiful expensive dress in my wardrobe that ive never fit into i knew when i bought it, i would be too fat but it was the largest they did as im sure your aware the 'designer' labels size large is more like a blummin extra small in my eyes! so i cannot wait to be slim enough to put it on and pull the zip up on the side and have a flat tum instead of a big bulging one! you dont have to spend silly money but why not go out buy yourself something you would love to wear but know you just couldnt right now and hang it on the outside of your wardrobe/door and tell yourself- 'i will fit in that and i will look great!' good luck hun theres lots of support on here :) xx

Back