Lottie's Diary

Anytime lovely :)

That does sound better, as after all you are getting your right cals but having a "treat" day. Perhaps spend a fortnight and see how it goes?

I found you - so here to subscribe :D

So sorry to hear about your gran and really pleased she is doing well again. My uncle passed away just over a year ago from mnd. It's an awful awful illness. I think possibly one of the worst out there.

If you want one high cal day you could just cut the other days by 100 maybe :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks both for your advice :) I def need a treat day, I guess the question is how much of a treat! I haven't done pure calorie counting before so I'm not sure about how many kcals i need on my treat day. I will check some of my favourites on mfp over the weekend.

Rach - mnd is awful, so cruel. We have thought it was the end quite a few times. Thanks for your thoughts x

Thanks Rach! What sort of kcals do you have on a treat day? Hmm and what goodies? :)

You have a fab weekend too! I haven't got much planned, mum and bro back from a fortnight holiday to Ibiza so catch up with them no doubt :) And me and hubby will go for a nice long walk tomorrow evening, I'm determined to move more, I'm a very lazy person!

I am very lazy too. :eek: sounds like a lovely weekend. I think mine is just food shopping. Although there is a singer here Jack L, my hubby works for his brother. We might go and see him in concert. Mil has said she will have the kids.

For my treat I just have something I have wanted all week, something I will enjoy. Sometimes crisps or sweets or chocolate. (Note to self try not to eat all 3 at once ;) ) . I have been known to be really bad haha. I just love food and I won't deny it. Just need control.

rach thats so true we got learnt that if you want something have it but in a small portion x

Portion control is a big issue for me. I'm going to try doing more mindful eating rather than just shovelling it in as I always do!

Today I'm going to have 2 shakes and pasta with Philly and pesto for tea, bulked out with lots of mushrooms, peppers and onions and a side salad.

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far :)

Ooh your tea sounds yummy. I need to get some pesto in not had it in a while. Think I should have been Italian - love love Italian food.

Mindful eating - definitely something I should try. I have the paul mckenna gastric band book and cd but didn't really work for me.

What sort of things do you like as a treat lovely? Perhaps we can help there?

I like a bag of sweets every so often but I've changed them with Fruit Factory gummies/stars/string at 60cals a bag (poundland but also seen in Asda). You only get a few but it tricks the brain into thinking you've given in. If you like chocolate, perhaps a slimfast snack bar? (90 cals-ish) or funsize bars? 2 finger kitkat is 107, milky way is 98, flake 161, milkybar is 137, crunchie is 187, soft drinks the diet/zero version (but only as a treat as they contain aspartame which isn't great!)

This sounds preachy, but it really isn't meant to, I'm trying to master it too with varying levels of success given how tired I feel or how ridiculously hot it is :D. What about a treat that isn't food? Something you've wanted to do? Maybe gellish on your nails? Or a manicure/pedicure/facial? A new top? Look around the charity shops? piece of costume jewellery? An afternoon dedicated to pampering yourself with face and hair mask, dvd, foot stuff, hand stuff, moisturiser - all the posh stuff we buy but forget to use :D

I love the Slimfast choc bars, discovered them when I was playing with low carb, they feel really naughty!!!

Oh yum yes! Especially the nutty nougat and caramel ones. The other is lovely, but those two are just perfect, you don't feel like you're missing out at all.

I froze mine, made them last longer :D

Treatwise: I guess I was thinking it would be nice if I can still have a not-too-bad takeaway once a week really. Is that terrible? I never got on with fake-aways.

Chocolate can fit in with my daily calories if I want to :)

I've been sitting hear trying to plan my food for next week and I'm stumped! There is so much choice! I'm not sure if I should do low cal modifications of what I usually have or something different. I don't know how to spread my cals between meals, snacks etc.... *scratches head*

You can make your own? :) You can use a tortilla wrap for the base (mission deli mini wraps are 97 each) if you really want to lower it or make a base yourself with only a pinch of salt and sugar and wholemeal or brown bread flour (research the flour as there could be lower cal ones, I'm not sure as I've given up baking on the whole whilst CC), tom puree/passata/tinned toms/fresh toms sliced for the base, some feta or lower cal cheese? Chicken, turkey bacon rashers or some fatless bacon with toppings....?

Otherwise if you want shop bought it's a case of double checking their calorie worth (be careful as some quote for half a pizza, some quote quarter or by slice)

Pizza hut has a 500 section in their menu - Pizza Menu | The Legendary Pizza Hut Menu

Pizza Express has a calorie count leaflet - http://www.pizzaexpress.com/uploads/calorie.pdf

Dominos do too - http://corporate.dominos.co.uk/Medi... info -TAFL/Nutritional Info - May 2014-1.pdf

And apparently there are these in Ocado - Dieter's dream... the pizza that's 'healthier than a salad' and contains all 47 of the nutrients we need | Mail Online

If you have a regular takeaway it might be worth asking if they have a calorie count or if they can make you a lower calorie variation :)

It doesn't hurt to ever have a treat - infact it's the only way to do it :D

Back