Louisa's Weight Loss Battle

Lou7477

Hi everyone, I've only just noticed this diary bit so here's mine!

I began Slimming World for the 2nd time on 02 June, I've done it before (very successfully) many years ago but somehow things never stayed the same :cry:

I've had to deal with marital problems, depression, redundancy and still the possibility of being made bankrupt. All this took it's toll and my weight ballooned in a very short space of time.

Now most of my life is straightened out it's time I sorted myself out.

I lost a pound in my first week, not a lot BUT I did have a Chinese and a Domino's Pizza. I did the Race For Life 5K at Tatton Park so that will have helped me out last week.

This week, so far I have been 100% focused on this. Only 8 weeks to go before my long awaited week in the sun and I certainly don't want to look and feel fat!

I've discovered the fun of cooking again, even made some Butternut Squash soup (recipe in a SW Mag) and a chocolate mousse with Quark (yum yum yum)

I know my downfall last time I did SW was not attending the class...then thinking I knew it all and trying to go it alone....I will not fail this time round :banana dancer:

hey,welcome to the diary section. where ya going on hol? x

Hiya thanks for the welcome!

I'm going to Portugal and I can't wait! We've not had a holiday for 2 years now and it's long overdue! :D

I certainly hope I lose at least a stone by then, we go on 6th August.

xxxx

you will do im sure. have a lovely time. I want to lose about 2 ish stone by 12th august! x

Weekend Trouble- advice needed!

Another weekend gone by and I struggled like mad! I managed to stick to my diet Friday, no alcohol or takeaways......but then came Saturday, spent all day sizzling at my sons football tournament (where I resisted all temptation of burger bars, ice cream vans) then went on a night out where I drank many vodka's (with slimline tonic) and ate crappy food as a result.
Yesterday, stuck to it all day but then ended up having a few drinks to relax (gardened in my allotment most of the day). The 'few' drinks turned out to be a few too many and again led to eating crap.

Has anyone got any tips on how to stay on track all weekend????
Please help :cry:

hi, ive been a slimming world member before, it was great.i lost almost 11lbs in 6weeks...i mostly did red days, and brisked walked half hour everyday...it was great, but now i cnt afford to do it, its too expensive..i started slimming world in 2003, at that time i used to pay £19.95 for 10 sessions, i only had 1 girl, she was 11mnths at that time, wanted to lost all the baby fat that still piled on.have had 2 boys after that, and because i had the books, and the information with me, i did it at home, but i wanted to know if u could gve me the password for this week, so i cn just check anything new on it, or if u can help wht kind things you do in slimming world now then i used to do 6years ago

hi, ive been a slimming world member before, it was great.
icon14.gif
i lost almost 11lbs in 6weeks...i mostly did red days, and brisked walked half hour everyday...it was great, but now i cnt afford to do it, its too expensive..i started slimming world in 2003, at that time i used to pay £19.95 for 10 sessions, i only had 1 girl, she was 11mnths at that time, wanted to lost all the baby fat that still piled on.have had 2 boys after that, and because i had the books, and the information with me, i did it at home, but i wanted to know if u could gve me the password for this week, so i cn just check anything new on it, or if u can help wht kind things you do in slimming world now then i used to do 6years ago[/QUOTE]

Hi Louisa ~ it's great having another diary to have a nosey at lol! I find weekends hard too so that is why I changed my WI day to a Friday ~ gives me more time to claw back any damage that is done!

You've been through a lot hun ~ you deserve a holiday, I love Portugal! Your target for going away does seem doable so good luck with that ~ you can do it xx

It's my class tonight, am crapping myself in case I put weight on...:grumble:

Can't really moan, it's my own fault for not sticking to the plan all weekend.

I'll keep you posted anyway!
Lou xx

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD, I put weight on :cry:
how flaming embarrassing is that?????

It's my own fault I know alcohol and crappy food...say no more.

I stuck to it 100% until Saturday evening, same on Sunday until the evening. I even swam 30 lengths and jogged 1.5 miles twice in the week!

I didn't stay to class either cos i didn't want them knowing I couldn't stick to it. I must be the only person to put on weight in the first 2 weeks! I'm half a pound heavier now than when i began.

Mind you, my consultant sat down and chatted a bit to me before i left, she took my food diary and gave me an SAS log to use. I was having maximum 15 syns each day so maybe it's too many for me, I'm going to aim at between 5 and 10 now for a day.

Aah well, need a boot up the bum anyway, now I've been 100% yesterday and so far today but it's the weekends that are my downfall. I am making a massive effort to lose at least 2 pounds this week. I only have 7 weeks to my holidays and I can't go looking like I do right now! I can't afford to buy new holiday clothes either so have to slim to get into my old ones.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, any help, advice (even a telling off) would be wondeful :sigh:

Rant over, thanks for being there :thankyou: xxxx

Morning everyone!!

I am SO on this diet now, I have to sort myself out once and for all. I can NOT fail!!!

I feel more cheerful today, had a great week so far, been 100% :)

Ooh by the way, has anyone tried quark mixed with sweetener and a sachet of white chocolate highlights.....OMG yum yum! Had it on strawberries last night, loads for only 2 syns. Suits my sweet tooth I can tell you! ;)

If anyone has any other low syn ideas for sweet teeth, let me know!
Lou xxx

No kick up the bum needed Lou ~ your are sounding mega motivated and that's what counts. That teeny weeny gain will be gone and more next week. I struggle with weekends too, but like you I have a holiday in less than 12wks so have to get my act in gear ~ we can do this!!! xx

Not too bad a weekend!!!!!

Hi all

I made it through the weekend and feel slightly better than last weekend.

I had a bit of a wobble on Friday (a funeral with no food after so we ended up at KFC even though my conscience was saying 'don't do it' my belly was crying 'feed me!!')I still had a few vodka's and slimline tonic on Saturday night, the only difference this week was that (apart from Friday's KFC) I planned EVERY meal and I counted every syn (including the KFC)

My work pants feel looser which is a good sign :happy036:

I was thinking of changing weigh in days to another day of the week, say Thursdays to help me get over the weekend blips but is that not defeating the object?!

Only 6 weeks until my hols so I am off jogging later (I go 3 times a week and jog/walk about 1.5 miles each time)

Hope everyone is ok and had a good weekend :D
Lou xxx

Ooh P.S. my Asda stopped stocking Quark this week! I am writing to the manager, I buy 4-5 pots of the stuff a week!

LOST WEIGHT WOOHOO!!!!

Hi all

I am so pleased, this week I lost 3 pounds :bliss:

Here's to another good week (I hope)

Lou xxxx

Weekend again..............

Hi everyone

God I hate weekends, I don't feel this one went particularly well (as usual)

Mind you, I did have 2 Bbq's and managed to use wholemeal rolls as HEB and had quorn sausages and burgers so no particularly big problems there....it was just the vodka that came with it oops!

I didn't go overboard anyway so keep your fingers crossed, my weigh in is tomorrow.

Does anyone know much about this Body Magic thing?? I've been doing 4 weeks of jogging/swimming for example this week I did:

Monday 22nd 20 minutes running on my trampette
Friday 26th swam 30 lenghts in 30 minutes
Saturday 27th jogged just over 1 mile in 20 minutes
Sunday 28th jogged same distance in same time.

I've done this same or similar routine for 4 weeks running now, do I qualify for a bronze award?

Lou xxxx

:bliss::bliss::bliss:
Hi everyone

I've lost one and a half pounds this week and got Slimmer of the Week plus my Bronze Body Magic award.

Here's to another good week, it's far too hot for jogging (unless I go before 8am at the weekend) so i'm going swimming later on.

Only 5 weeks until my holidays so am determined to be 100% plus this next few weeks......:whistle:

Back