Lovely supper

slendablenda

Gold Member
Tonight I had a 2 egg omelette (free range organic) cooked with a little olive oil, filled with cooked spinach and 1 oz of grated low fat cheese and lots of black pepper. Some cooked asparagus on the side.
Lovely colours, textures and tastes - and healthy.
Just about to have half a low fat jelly with come strawberries and a spoonful of natural no fat pro biotic yogurt.
Black coffee to follow.
Chocolate Options drink before bed time.
Yum yum. It's been a good day today.

A year ago I would have been fed up after returning to work at the end of a week off, wouldn't have achieved much, would have eaten and drunk too much, felt kn*ckered and unhappy, would probably have gone to bed by now pis*ed off and fallen asleep feeling depressed about being over 21stone and woken up the next morning feeling exactly the same.
What a difference, now I'm planning what size 10 clothes to wear (instead of size 30) and what height heels (instead of flat). Still can't believe it.
Someone pinch me.............!!!

*pinches you* !! It's real! You've come such a long and amazing way, I'm still looking over your posts and always feel so inspired and encouraged. You're definitely one of the people on this forum that I look up to, and I want to thank you for sticking around! Too many people after they finish disappear... But you're one of the few that keeps on showing us all that it can be done, and you always have some warm soothing words of advice. :)

I must say though, I don't know if I'd be able to have such a small dinner! But I am working my way towards it, perhaps I'd add a few more vegetables on top. :D

That does sound devine. I haven't quite found my place for slotting eggs in yet but I'm working on it!! I would have probably had a side salad too but then I'm having side salads with everything! (Except the porridge).

I'm glad your hanging around too and I think this side of the forum is going to be used more and more as people pass on to the fend for yourself way of life.

Thanks

for saying such nice things. My supper yesterday was quite light, but earlier I did have a large mug of my home made butternut squash( not peeled, but seeds removed), celery and ginger soup, made with garlic,an onion, a little curry powder and Marigold,lots of water, cooked in the slow cooker fro hours and then whizzed up.Thick and velvety and substantial. It makes loads, lasts for days. Lovely with some toasted pine nuts sprinkled on top.

Back