Loving Banana milk shake cant wait to try the strawberry! Anyone tried new bars yet?

Oh my goodness, was I glad to read this thread?! I have been obsessesing about both flavours and I'm not sure it's very healthy (mentally).

We were given the option to include the strawberry and banana packs in our session but not try them! Our LLC reassured us that they taste as you would imagine! (Not sure the soups are like that but hey...)

Anyway, I LOVE them both and am scared...is it wrong to like a LighterLife flavour too much??? I remember when our LLC gave us a recipe sheet, she warned us to be aware of getting addicted to certain things IF it resembled a trigger food for us.

I love the chocolate flavour but don't obsess. Ditto the raspberry. (They are my favourites and I can take or leave the rest.) But oh my God!! These two flavours are gorgeous and SO easy to make up (only had them as mousses).

Seriously, is it wrong to obsess in this way about a flavour??

Any thoughts?

Mrs Lxxxxxxx

I think that we are probably obsessing about the new flavours, because we've abstained for so long & got used to the original boring flavours.
Now its like a ray of sunshine, gorgeous banana shake. Trouble is I love my vanilla & st clements for breakfast, my chocolate & fruits of the forest for supper, my bar for lunch & soup for tea, how on earth do I fit in the best one of them all Banana?
I'm going to be sad to leave one of them out, but if I don't have banana I will feel like I'm missing out on the best, what a quandry!

whatever it is you got can I have some please!! Wish I could find that level of enthisuasm for my packs!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think that we are probably obsessing about the new flavours, because we've abstained for so long & got used to the original boring flavours.
Now its like a ray of sunshine, gorgeous banana shake. Trouble is I love my vanilla & st clements for breakfast, my chocolate & fruits of the forest for supper, my bar for lunch & soup for tea, how on earth do I fit in the best one of them all Banana?
I'm going to be sad to leave one of them out, but if I don't have banana I will feel like I'm missing out on the best, what a quandry!

As someone who has 'done' LL and is back on the food, I am feeling positively left out!

I will ask at my meeting tomorrow night about the new banana and strawbery flavours, because reading all these posts has got me intrigued! I will buy a couple to try, if I can!

Mrs L - flavour obsession

That struck a chord with me - I didn't try the bars until week 10 and I found that when I took them to work they burned a hole in my desk until I ate them. I didn't break any rules - I could stick to one a day - but I ate them 3 days before I intended to use them. This worried me. I now know I was just thrilled to have something new! I eat my Nut Crunch bar when I get to work so I don't sit there obsessing abut it (it also gives me a reason to rush to work in the morning!)

I had a banana tonight (I only ordered one). It was okay - I'm looking forward to having them for breakfast when I'm on holiday as I think I'll need more cold food packs on hols (I only like vanilla cold out of the old flavours)

Oh - also when I first started I used to order 21 mushrooms and 7 chocolates - I was so delighted that I actually enjoyed a flavour that I went a bit mad!

mmmmmmm banana custard sounds yummy, think i'll try that later for lunch on this miserable wet day! I've got the heating on it's sooooo cold brrrrrrrrrrr!!:D

ohhh never thought about making custard with the banana , and I only have one left and no nut crunch left! Oh that little delight will have to wait untill next thursday!
These new packs are a bit thicker arnt they the strawberry makes into a moouse so easily really reminds me a Angel delight and they have 34g in a pack instead of the 32g ! Hey its only 2 gms but when you actaully lick the empty packs like I do its a lot!LOL

Carole xxx

ISOM Have you tried mixing the packs or cooking them? I'm going to miss them when I finish this diet, I think I might have to carry on with them a little longer!
I wasn't this passionate in the beginning about my packs, but what other food item can I obsess about eh? LOL

OMG Carole I do that as well! My excuse is that I don't get fed much, but it gets a bit embarrasing at work! LOL

I think I must try the nut crunch & banana custard this week.

My success rate on cooking packs is very poor - though am loving the fool-proof banana custard - but I'm thinking it sounds like there should be some tasty ways to create banana/choc or strawberry/choc by combining packs - has anyone tried this yet? What do you recommend?

I mixed a banana and choc pack together with only 200 mls of water to make it really thick, then put it in the microwave. Made a really yummy coc - banana custard that I ate with a tea spoon. Perfect for the cold weather yesterday! Mmm...

*snigger* nice Freudian slip there Carla!

I've tried mixing the vanilla and st clemence, and the chocolate with st clemence. Both taste great!

Does anyone know when the new bars will be available to buy?

Ah, that makes more sense!!!:)
Sounds yum - and if I make the two separately, then mix them, I can have a marbled type pudding - very posh!:D

Well, my LLC took pity on me tonight and gave me one each of the new flavours to try! I can't decide how to use them - hot banana custard, perhaps or cool banana milkshake? Or maybe a strawberry mousse?

Well, my LLC took pity on me tonight and gave me one each of the new flavours to try! I can't decide how to use them - hot banana custard, perhaps or cool banana milkshake? Or maybe a strawberry mousse?
In this cold weather it's got to be the banana custard - scrummy!

Oooh Peeps
Just have to share my 'new discovery' :p

Is a variation of the 'hot banana custard with crunch' :D but using the strawberry pack, (cold)

I didnt use a whole nutcrunch - divided it into 3, so crumble the nutcrunch bar in a bowl,then add the mixed strawberry pack, (using less water so it's quite thick).... oooh its bloody delicious :D I had one this morning, which made me feel like I was having 'ceral' ( not quite my fav crunchy nut nutty!) but was nice..... and have just had another one.... could pretend it was like one of those yogurts with the crunchy bits in it!

Saving my last bit of the bar till tomorrow morning for more 'ceral' mmmmmmmmmm :p

Hope you enjoy it if you try it :D

ooh Geri, I like the sound of that!

I am also thinking I might try a banana muffin, with half a nut bar crumbled in, or make a choc brownie (choc pack, 1/2 bar, sweetners and coffee) and pour hot banana custard over it..mmmmm

Shame I already had my bar and my banana pack today....:(

Still, theres black pepper chicken crisps late, with some Marigold! A lovely TV snack!!

Can I ask how you make the custard?

Do you just add hot water or do you microwave it and how much hot water?

Back