Loving Syns on-line....

Bumblebum

I joined a SW class on thursday after a couple of weeks going it alone (and using this forum of course!;))

They gave me a password for the on-line doodah and I honestly thought I wouldn't use it.

BUT I have just spent an enjoyable hour (yes, I know how to live on a saturday!:eek:) going through my cupboard and checking syns. HUGELY surprised. Things I was avoiding aren't actually as bad as I thought they were (ie m&S pastry tartlets...only 6 syns...instead of creme patissiere I can fill them with natural yoghurt and loads of fruit!!)

I would recommend anyone who has password etc to use the facility...its really enlightening. For instance...was entering some sausage and as I was putting in figures I thought My GOD thats a lot of fat! Hence the 12.5 syns per sausage!!!!:D

Sorry if rambling, just impressed and wanted to share:D

I love it too! Just wish they had a mobile application for my BlackBerry then I could check things whilst out and about on the go! Loading up the full website to my phone takes AGES :(

I love it too, I also just check random things that I used to eat, and think OMG, I used to eat so much cr@p!!!!

I love it too, I also just check random things that I used to eat, and think OMG, I used to eat so much cr@p!!!!

hahahaha! ive done that too!!!!

Glad its not just me then :D

Oh and AJB, just to give you a laugh, OH (whos not very technically minded!) said he would quite like one of them blueberry phones!!!:giggle:

Glad its not just me then :D

Oh and AJB, just to give you a laugh, OH (whos not very technically minded!) said he would quite like one of them blueberry phones!!!:giggle:

I looked up McDonalds just so I wasn't bothered about missing out on the takeaway run during the weekends night duty!!

LOL I thought my mum was bad calling it a strawberry!

I love it too! Just wish they had a mobile application for my BlackBerry then I could check things whilst out and about on the go! Loading up the full website to my phone takes AGES :(

Thats the only thing that lets it down. When i did weight watchers years ago i used to walk round Tesco with my points calculator:D

Definatly need an app for the Iphone or Blackberry :cool:

I'm going to make it my personal mission that we get one! SW needs to get itself into the 21st Century ;) in my ideal world you'd be able to scan an item using your phone and it would tell you how many Syns it was :D

I checked the old featsers burgers that I used to get EVERY time they were on offer for a quick tea, I used to get the flame grilled burger with cheese XL bite and was surprised that they were 30½ syns each!! Sometimes I would have TWO:eek: and I'd have them sometimes 2-3 times a week!!

I'm so glad that I can leave those beehind and make my own huge burgers now and freeze them so I can just cook it up.

Glad to hear its not just me becoming a bit addicted :D

I think the app thing is a valid point - I often wander round the supermarket spotting things but don't want to buy them until I know the syns. Then by the time I get home I've already forgotton what it was I was going to look up!!!:banghead:

definitely need an app for this!! im always on the site and i always spend aaages in the supermarket waiting for the web page on my phone to load up!

Back